General Gatis re-signs with the Warriors

warriors4life_old

From www.nzherald.co.nz

Back-up hooker George Gatis has signed on for another year with the Warriors after the club offered him a new deal.

The 28-year-old former Cowboy, who had been on a one-year incentive-based contract, had been considering a return to Queensland to take over the running of his fish and chip shop but said his father was prepared to continue at the helm for at least another season.

warriors4life_old

Good stuff, if we have Witt and Rovelli in the halves next year, two kickers, then Gatis can play his role from the bench.

warriorfaithful*_old

Yeah good news for the club. It provides depth in the hooker reigon still which is good.

sebastian_old

I think Gatis is a crap hooker, sluggish,slow & unskilled, gee i wish we could've got a good premier league hooker, what a waste of money.

Skinny_Ravs82

That's a bit rough Seb! Haha, but then going on the way he played last night I'd agree but overall he's not been too bad. Good stuff thou, had a sneaking suspicion he would be around next year

kiwi man_old

poor move IMO i dont rate him at all, i think hohaia should be playing instead of him. gatis offers us nothing

Skinny_Ravs82

kiwi man said:
poor move IMO i dont rate him at all, i think hohaia should be playing instead of him. gatis offers us nothing

I've been watching all the games this year and he's been pretty good. but that's my opinion I guess. Lancey too.

warriorfaithful*_old

kiwi man said:

I agree that hohia should be there ahead of gatis, but gatis does offer things he just didnt show it last night lol :)

playdaball_old

With the club signing all of these halves & hookers (Ravs, Fien, Gatis, Half - Witt) where does this leave Lance? We have three available positions for 5 players.

He is too a good a player to be running around at Davies Park, Huntly for WAICOA Bay. If I was him I'b be asking for a release at the end of the season. He could pick up big money from the UK or get his careeer back on track at another NRL club.

Jesbass_old

playdaball said:
With the club signing all of these halves & hookers (Ravs, Fien, Gatis, Half - Witt) where does this leave Lance? We have three available positions for 5 players.

He is too a good a player to be running around at Davies Park, Huntly for WAICOA Bay. If I was him I'b be asking for a release at the end of the season. He could pick up big money from the UK or get his careeer back on track at another NRL club.

Four positions when you include the spot on the bench. ;)

I'd say depth is a good thing. If Hohaia can impress more than either Fien or Gatis, he'll get a run. And if not, there's always the comfort of knowing there is someone to step up in the case of an injury.

warriors4life_old

Skinny_Ravs82 said:
That's a bit rough Seb! Haha, but then going on the way he played last night I'd agree but overall he's not been too bad. Good stuff thou, had a sneaking suspicion he would be around next year

You cannot judge his ability on last night's game, otherwise you could call almost every player in our team useless. In the game against the Eels I thought Gatis was one of our best, though because we lost he did not get recognition. He has turned in some good performances this year, and some bad, but so has every player.

Skinny_Ravs82

warriors4life said:
Skinny_Ravs82 said:

You cannot judge his ability on last night's game, otherwise you could call almost every player in our team useless. In the game against the Eels I thought Gatis was one of our best, though because we lost he did not get recognition. He has turned in some good performances this year, and some bad, but so has every player.

Ok back up, I never said Gatis was a bad player. I said overall he hasn't been too bad, and I quite like the way he plays anyway. I was simply refering to the fact that yesterday was probably just a minor blimp for him in the overall scheme of things in the games he has played. Not saying he's a crap player at all.

warriors4life_old

Skinny_Ravs82 said:
warriors4life said:
Skinny_Ravs82 said:

Ok back up, I never said Gatis was a bad player. I said overall he hasn't been too bad, and I quite like the way he plays anyway. I was simply refering to the fact that yesterday was probably just a minor blimp for him in the overall scheme of things in the games he has played. Not saying he's a crap player at all.

This is what sebastian said:

sebastian said:
I think Gatis is a crap hooker, sluggish,slow & unskilled, what a waste of money.

And this is what you said:

Skinny_Ravs82 said:
That's a bit rough Seb! Haha, but then going on the way he played last night I'd agree

That's basically judging him on just last night's performance, and quite a rash judgement considering he has been fairly consistent throughout most of the year.

Skinny_Ravs82

warriors4life said:
Skinny_Ravs82 said:
warriors4life said:
Skinny_Ravs82 said:

This is what sebastian said:

sebastian said:
I think Gatis is a crap hooker, sluggish,slow & unskilled, what a waste of money.

And this is what you said:

Skinny_Ravs82 said:
That's a bit rough Seb! Haha, but then going on the way he played last night I'd agree

That's basically judging him on just last night's performance, and quite a rash judgement considering he has been fairly consistent throughout most of the year.

Oh crap, look I judged on that performance in terms of what Seb's remark initially meant. I didn't say Gatis is bad, or crap or that I don't like his playing style or anything. I agreed to Seb's comment in the exact context on his reference and my comment had nothing to do with the signing on Gatis. Ie my first comment here was that it was a good signing.

Esoj_old

gatis may not be special but he does the basics well and is a steady hooker. the likes of fein provide the fancy stuff allowing gatis to come on and play the steady role. he proabbly won't cost too much either and he provides good depth as well.

commonsense_old

all i can is dont expect a headline "lance hohaia resigns with warriors" no more.

playdaball_old

Jesbass said:
playdaball said:

Four positions when you include the spot on the bench. ;)

I'd say depth is a good thing. If Hohaia can impress more than either Fien or Gatis, he'll get a run. And if not, there's always the comfort of knowing there is someone to step up in the case of an injury.

4 positions for 5 players!
Sorry forgot about Ropati - that is 5. Agree with depth but Lance is good enough to be playing 1st grade on a weekly basis.

danco_old

Esoj said:
gatis may not be special but he does the basics well and is a steady hooker. the likes of fein provide the fancy stuff allowing gatis to come on and play the steady role. he proabbly won't cost too much either and he provides good depth as well.
I agree with esoj, he is a journeyman and wouldnt cost alot, if there are injurys next season who fills in ????

sebastian_old

commonsense said:
all i can is dont expect a headline "lance hohaia resigns with warriors" no more.

We have treated Lance Hohaia like crap & if he plays in the NRL with another club, Cleary will end up embarased.

Skinny_Ravs82

sebastian said:
commonsense said:

We have treated Lance Hohaia like crap & if he plays in the NRL with another club, Cleary will end up embarased.

For the club maybe but for the international scene it wouldn't. And because like every fan we all want to see the kiwis do well then there's nothing wrong with letting his talents shine at a differetn place. I'm not all for the decision but in retrospect to what makes him happiest then he should do what's best.