General From the Herald - Rugby Crowds Down, Warriors Crowds Up!

Esoj_old

there are defintely people under 50 that watch the super 14. I post on another forum which is fairly large and it would be hard to find someone over 50 that posts on it. last blues game I went to everything was open and the crowd wasn't too bad either.

Northern_Union

To numbers to bare in mind:

That might explain why it's dragging a little.

LordGnome_old

Hey, Esoj, you must watch a different Blues to the one I have been to see this year - the corwd looked like they'd be happy sitting on the sea-front at Howick sucking ice creams waiting for bird flu!

Northern_Union

Hey, Esoj, you must watch a different Blues to the one I have been to see this year - the corwd looked like they'd be happy sitting on the sea-front at Howick sucking ice creams waiting for bird flu!

Ignore Esoj, he's a union lover first second and third. He even tried to tell us that NZ schools put pressure on union players to play league lol. When i asked which which schools and which players he refused to answer ;)

Apinch of salt where ole Esoj is concerned Millwall.

LordGnome_old

Where I am from even knowing the rules to union is considered "gay".

And league is only played and watched by "dole scum" - no offence!

How I miss South London - not!

Esoj_old

I haven't been to any games this year since moving to aus. in 2006 they had some healthy crowds though.

northern union is an idiot first second and third and is easily offeneded by people that dare to watch something other than league.

I watch league ,union ,cricket. america's cup all sorts of things. this does not make any less of a fan than anyone else on this board. if you don't like what I watch in my personal time on tv your problem not mine. but don't ever call me a lesser fan than someone that watches league only because I support the team just as much as anyone else.

Northern_Union

Still waiting for those schools you claimed were forcing players to play rugby league there Esoj. Care to enlighten us all and salvage your credibility or is this idiot first second and third correct when he says your lying unionest?

Esoj_old

nothing will change you from hating people that like union as well as league nothern union. those of us that do like and watch both consider ourselves fans too and no less than others that hate union and watch league only.

Northern_Union

Funny thing is Esoj the last game of rugby i played was union, real deep hatred huh.

Now, about those New Zealand schools putting presure on New Zealand kids to play league for there schools instead of union....which were they again?

Kav_old

In my view, you cannot love both codes - they are diametrically opposites; in terms of culture, tradition, philosophy and development. In other words, to support union is to denigrate league (and vice versa).

Kav

Northern_Union

oh your hatred is very deep I have no doubt about it. you seem to change personalities everytime union gets posted about on here.

It's not the game i hate, it's the history and hatred towards the game i love that drives my hatred of those like that invent stories to defend the disgracefull history of union.

After what union has done to league in South Africa, France, Fiji and New Zealand even England by union i have to put up with a boy inventing bullshit stories about invented schools putting pressure on invented school boys to play rugby league instead of rugby union for there school? F**k that!

Kav is right, your either a unionest or a league man.

Jesbass_old

In my view, you cannot love both codes - they are diametrically opposites; in terms of culture, tradition, philosophy and development. In other words, to support union is to denigrate league (and vice versa).

Kav

I disagree. That's like saying you can't like both Eastern culture and Western culture. I love the slums of Nairobi, but I also love suburban Auckland.

Kav_old

I disagree. That's like saying you can't like both Eastern culture and Western culture. I love the slums of Nairobi, but I also love suburban Auckland.

I am sorry mate - in my view you have to be black or white (not grey!).

Kav

Jesbass_old

I am sorry mate - in my view you have to be black or white (not grey!).

Kav

On the contrary, I believe that in certain situations one can enjoy polar opposites, such as Nairobi and Auckland, red and white meat, rock music and acoutsic music. I just don't think that everything can be put into the 'black or white' box. There are, of course, some things that are black or white - just not all.

Northern_Union

In the case of the two rugbys and with what union has done to league there is only black and white and to say other wise is saying you support a murderer.

Jesbass_old

In the case of the two rugbys and with what union has done to league there is only black and white and to say other wise is saying you support a murderer.

But weren't you just recently, (possibly in the same thread?), saying that you don't hate the game - just what the powers-that-be have done with it over the years? So that sounds a bit strange to me.

Northern_Union

But weren't you just recently, (possibly in the same thread?), saying that you don't hate the game - just what the powers-that-be have done with it over the years? So that sounds a bit strange to me.

What bit sounds strange to you? The powers that be (past and present) are what i hate.

Skinny_Ravs82

Kav
I don't agree with you there Kav because I watch both and quite prominantly. I first grew up watching union it was my first footy love before league and I only got into league through union. How exactly I don't know but I did.

Both codes are vastly different yes but it doesn't mean a person can't be an advocate for both. The only reason I don't spend as much time talking about it here is because I can see a vast majority dispise union to such a degree.

So yes in my view you can love both and watch it for what it is but you shouldn't have to get caught in the cross-fire of having to pick one over the other.