General French Newspaper Rumor-Brent Webb to French Catalans

Robster_old

cat_145.jpg

from nrltalk forums the main translation says While awaiting (perhaps) the imminent arrival of the the superb attacker of the New Zealand Warriors, Brent Webb.

MarkW_old

It wouldn't surprise me if his manager has been talking with the the Dragons Apparently last year he was looking elsewhere, but Warriors management renegotiated his contract to the tune of around $250k. And with all the cap ruckus lately, who knows, maybe has been asked to keep an eye open for a club for next season.

scottyb_old

if they werte planning on releasing webb, why did they let laisina go, wasnt he a fullback? and he was expected to be a star in the making. i've never seen the guy play as i live in oz but from all accounts he had the good's.

MarkW_old

From Les Catalans website:

No new signings yet

Following on recent speculation in local newspapers the Catalans Dragons would like to confirm that they have not signed any additional players. Under RFL rules, if a player sustains an injury that will prevent them from playing for a lengthy period of time, such as in the case of Stacey Jones, the club has the right to de register the injured player and register another. The Catalans Dragons are therefore looking at all available opportunities.