General Free to Air sports channel

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Looks like the Star Times has done its best to sabotage the idea by ratting out the organisers before they get guarantees from the potential sports.

I don't think it will open the door for us to all drop our Sky subscriptions as the NRL will not jump on the bandwagon for many years. But it will give me plenty more hours of local league to watch should it happen.

Reaction score
fanrrior

fanrrior

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
In order to get the Warriors, wouldn't the NRL have to agree too?

Or is this sort of stuff seperate?

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
In order to get the Warriors, wouldn't the NRL have to agree too?

Or is this sort of stuff seperate?
It in no way says anything about the free-to-air sports channel getting the Warriors. They would have to get the entire nRL contract or a delayed coverage deal like Prime's Warriors coverage, which Sky would never allow.

Eventually we may see some sort of deal similar to australia's coverage, which I don't think i would like. We get complete coverage while the Aussies have a broken incomplete schedule due to so many channels and broadcast companies being involved. I would hate to see the games spread between Sky, TVNZ, TV3 and this new company. I would much rather we continue with the coverage we get now. The only problem we have at the moment is that Sky have now started delaying some games, when they used to use 2 channels to show all games live and then give delayed coverage after, thus giving us the ability to watch both games and picking which one we want to see live.

Reaction score
fanrrior

fanrrior

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
It in no way says anything about the free-to-air sports channel getting the Warriors. They would have to get the entire nRL contract or a delayed coverage deal like Prime's Warriors coverage, which Sky would never allow.

Eventually we may see some sort of deal similar to australia's coverage, which I don't think i would like. We get complete coverage while the Aussies have a broken incomplete schedule due to so many channels and broadcast companies being involved. I would hate to see the games spread between Sky, TVNZ, TV3 and this new company. I would much rather we continue with the coverage we get now. The only problem we have at the moment is that Sky have now started delaying some games, when they used to use 2 channels to show all games live and then give delayed coverage after, thus giving us the ability to watch both games and picking which one we want to see live.
So in answer to my question, yes, the nrl would have to agree first, and yes it is seperate?

Top Bottom