General Fox Memorial

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
I went out to Fowlds Park yesterday to see Pt Chev beat Mt Albert. It’s always good to get back and see grassroots football. Entertaining footy with some funny comments from the crowd!
Interesting to see an ex Mt Albert player supporting local football. This guy also played a bit of RUgby Union on the wing too … Doug Howlett.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Mt Albert captain, Aiden Ackland, is training and trialing in the Manly system.

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
That was a pretty eye opening score.

I was thinking the standard might actually go up this year due to more reserve graders and juniors being available.

I thought the ARL really missed a chance to have some good crowds - a carnival / magic round to start the year probably would of drew a decent crowd.

Northcote unbeaten though...!
I still remember playing for Point Chev . back in the mid sixties in the then Fox Memorial & Roope Rooster comps.
Havent seen a local game for years except went to MSS a few years ago to watch Point playing a Grand Final.Living now in Tauranga so the travel is a problem.
Keep up the news .Very interesting for me.

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
How old would he be now? That's not the same Akland boy that was over in Melbourne with one of the AFL clubs?
Eiden, he’s like 24 maybe

Smart footy player as you would expect coming from that family. But probably won’t ever crack it in first grade because of his athletic limitations.

Reactions: Viking

Viking

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
Eiden, he’s like 24 maybe

Smart footy player as you would expect coming from that family. But probably won’t ever crack it in first grade because of his athletic limitations.
He's done well with a young Lions team. Yeah, a bit on the small side and Aus is full of skilled smaller players just like him . I think the AFL one was an older brother then.

ramraider78

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 24, 2012
Auckland , New Zealand
Mt Albert captain, Aiden Ackland, is training and trialing in the Manly system.
Good player had a better long kicking game than most of the other halves in the Fox, organized well but his Defense was rubbish and he didn't take the ball to the line too many times when I watched him. TBH good kid didn't have an ego.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012

Confirmation of the T&T contract ...

I must remember that its spelt, Eiden, not Aiden.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings