General Fox Memorial 2017

ramraider78

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 24, 2012
Auckland , New Zealand
I was at the Howick game - all there premiers from the Warriors NSW Cup squad and Counties Stingrays made the difference against my team's inexperience/youth, body shapes was the first thing I noticed. Howick did have a kid from the Sharks U 20's playing in the halves and he was + in control out there - still love being around local footy. I will say this, depth is the only question I would have for Howick cause the ressies were cake and got turned inside out by the Hawks kids lol

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Will be a good day of footy this Saturday. My team Otahuhu will be playing in the Sharman Cup final and looking to get promoted back up to the Fox Memorial. Huge game for the club as most believe if they don't make it back this season they won't for a long time. They had a close game with the King Cobras last week out west. There are two buses leaving the club on Saturday with entry being subsidised by $5. Should be a vocal sea of blue on the day.

Te Atatu Roosters have been relegated this season.

Great to see Ora Bears make the Grand Final. To see them do so well against the money teams is awesome. Bernie Perenara has that team running well. hearing that Daniel Reuelu-Buchanan may not get to play because of concussion which will be a big loss for them.

Cant wait.

OTABLU OTABLU OTABLU!!!

21106335_10155054466186775_3257231157037409981_n.jpg

Reactions: Miket12

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Great to see Ora Bears make the Grand Final.
Glenora to you sir. It is a combination of Glen Eden and Oratia, just saying like.;). Very good club, almost as many rock stars as Richmond. What is this nonsense about the King Cobras?:eek: The Ponsonby Rugby League club was the first club in NZ. The Carlaw brothers (Carlaw Park) played for Ponies, cut this King Cobra stuff out and respect tradition.:bookworm:

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Glenora to you sir. It is a combination of Glen Eden and Oratia, just saying like.;). Very good club, almost as many rock stars as Richmond. What is this nonsense about the King Cobras?:eek: The Ponsonby Rugby League club was the first club in NZ. The Carlaw brothers (Carlaw Park) played for Ponies, cut this King Cobra stuff out and respect tradition.:bookworm:
Fuck up bruce. You don't know shit. The King Cobra actually sponsor the Ponies so stick that in your pipe and smoke it. Where the fuck do you think they got the money to do up the club, pay some decent talent and scrape themselves off the bottom of the Sharman from?

And every one calls the Bears Ora for short. Its a term of endearment but you been out of the game so long you wouldn't know would you.

I dont give a shit about 100 years ago. Im talking about the right here right now. Welcome to the 21st century bruce boy...

• Haha
Reactions: bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I dont give a shit about 100 years ago. Im talking about the right here right now. Welcome to the 21st century bruce boy...
IMO the history of the game is part of the culture, and there is plenty of good stuff. If the last 20 years was to be taken as the history of the game in NZ it doesn't look that flash in comparison to what went before. I played in the Fox and still respect it, if they changed the name of the trophy I would be disappointed, that goes for the Sharman as well. Also Pengelly's transport pumped way more money into the Ponies than the King Cobras and always kept the name, but it is good that you are posting the results. Just saying like.

Reactions: dean

Juju

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2012
Pt Chev are always the worst losers.

Reactions: ramraider78

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Good party at the Otablu club last night. Nothing compared to years gone by when they would have to open up field 1 and 2 for carparks but still a good turn out. Still odd seeing John Ackland in an Otahuhu jacket but he did it and will be back next year as well.

Club will have to pay some good players to stay in the Fox. Only have to win 3-4 games a year to do so.

Hame was playing like a man possessed yesterday for Ora. His experience and class was clear as day to see. Good to see the Bears win one. First since 1999 I think it was. Wonder how much their budget was this year?

Was surprised to see them beat Chev so convincingly. Chev team was stacked from 1-17...

Reactions: STEEDEN

Weno

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 3, 2012
Really enjoyed being up there watching the ARL Finals.

That Bay Roskill v Otahuhu game was a classic.
wish there was a replay to catch it again , cant wait for Maori TV to screen it.

Always had a soft spot for Glenora.
Always remember my half a season playing for them , guess if i did not go there after my horrid time at Wynnum.
I would not of realized my knees were a goner , would of tried to carry on and would have artificial knees right now.

Happy for them.

Missed the womens game , but people were giving us a verbal replay about the game.

My wife and i had no one to support , only knew a few faces on the field.
Just went for a ride to have a munch to the Otara Market.

Was a massive day for my wife and me.
Thank you ARL.

ramraider78

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 24, 2012
Auckland , New Zealand
Fox needed another club to win it - People don't realize having Mt Albert and Pt winning it the last couple years, isn't good for the game IMO - Totally agree heard all about Pt moaning about the grubby glenora guys , they are just sore 100 k losers lol

Top teams in Fox now have 80 - 100 K + budgets to work with ; Interested to know how much Oats spent to get back into the Fox? similar to a top Fox team budget? We didn't go to well this year but happy another cub won the Fox.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Fox needed another club to win it - People don't realize having Mt Albert and Pt winning it the last couple years, isn't good for the game IMO - Totally agree heard all about Pt moaning about the grubby glenora guys , they are just sore 100 k losers lol

Top teams in Fox now have 80 - 100 K + budgets to work with ; Interested to know how much Oats spent to get back into the Fox? similar to a top Fox team budget? We didn't go to well this year but happy another cub won the Fox.
Depends how much they paid Akkers cause I know a lot of the players didn't get paid. Some of the old heads offered to come back but still wanted money but got rejected. That's why Gumby left. Even though he was probably Oats best player they weren't gonna pay him. Judging by what was said on Saturday night it doesn't look like much will change next season. They just don't have the money to compete and its pointless throwing away $25K to come 4th at best...

ramraider78

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 24, 2012
Auckland , New Zealand
Depends how much they paid Akkers cause I know a lot of the players didn't get paid. Some of the old heads offered to come back but still wanted money but got rejected. That's why Gumby left. Even though he was probably Oats best player they weren't gonna pay him. Judging by what was said on Saturday night it doesn't look like much will change next season. They just don't have the money to compete and its pointless throwing away $25K to come 4th at best...
Akkers got a shit load I heard, the new Blackmore of South lol

Just heard Pt Chev lost Autex sponsorship , they are putting all there money into NZ Warriors for 2018 - Fire sale now for those Tier 1 players at Pt lol

• Haha
Reactions: mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Akkers got a shit load I heard, the new Blackmore of South lol

Just heard Pt Chev lost Autex sponsorship , they are putting all there money into NZ Warriors for 2018 - Fire sale now for those Tier 1 players at Pt lol
Fuck that would ruin Pt Chev lol. The Instant Finance is well over now isnt it? Must be what Tevita Latu meant by saying he would play for free this morning. Doubt it lol...

ramraider78

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 24, 2012
Auckland , New Zealand
Fuck that would ruin Pt Chev lol. The Instant Finance is well over now isnt it? Must be what Tevita Latu meant by saying he would play for free this morning. Doubt it lol...
Not enough $ to hold onto the Tier 1 players all there - It wouldn't surprise me that Gumby goes back to Oats for his pay packet lol IF wasn't as big $ as Autex was , they are saying they $ but I really doubt it; Same guy told me about 1 of the Warriors board launching a bid to buy the NZW from behind the scenes and gathering select investors; listening to the Autex goss had me wondering lol

Toko if we play you guys again in pre season, can you tell your Oats tongan boys stop fighting our Hawks Tongans or there'll call the game off again HAHAHAHA Not the family come onto the field to fight LMAO

• Haha
Reactions: mt.wellington

Upcoming Match

Penrith Panthers Campbelltown Stadium

Last Game

30 May

18 - 00
7.1 Total Avg Rating
7.3 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

1. 5.7