General Foran or Johnson poll

If forced to choose out of signing either player, who's top of your list ?

• Shaun Johnson

• Keiran Foran

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think it's maturity,even johns quoted you don't become the complete package in till your mid late twenties.hope he is right.running the team I'd like to see him named captain to see how he is as a leader.i think he would relish it

Last edited:

Beastmode

Just another day in paradise
Contributor
I think it's maturity,even johns quoted you don't become the complete package in till your mid late twenties.hope he is right.running the team I'd like to see him named captain to see how he is as a leader.i think he would relish it

Isaac Luke is in his mid late twenties and look how shit he's become.

Reactions: Tragic and bruce

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
so how does this compare when you look at someone like Nathan Cleary?

Well, if it was with my heart, it'd be Shaun Johnson... anyone who thinks he doesnt bleed Warriors is only revealing how clueless they are. Kid lives and breathes this club. Absolutely generational talent... I'm not sure the game has ever seen someone like him, the way he moves, how effortless he makes it all look, the regularity of his incredible plays... but that alone hasnt been enough.

So, if I wanted to win a comp... As much as it pains me to say it, because I love the kid, but I'd take Foran.

Foran is an elite halfback. There are very, very, very few of those knocking about. And they come around exceedingly rarely. Parra have been waiting for an elite halfback since the 70s. Newcastle since Joey left. Etc etc... We've already seen what Kieran has done for us, in one game, to say nothing of his record as it stands. It's not up for debate, as to the difference he made. Again, go watch the Dragons game, then watch the Titans game. In the area of the game that HE can control, he made such a difference, it was absolutely unreal.

Dream world though - we keep both, and they become the most dominant halves pairing in the modern era, and we win 3 premierships.

Reactions: AlexM and Sup42

Beastmode

Just another day in paradise
Contributor
Well, if it was with my heart, it'd be Shaun Johnson... anyone who thinks he doesnt bleed Warriors is only revealing how clueless they are. Kid lives and breathes this club. Absolutely generational talent... I'm not sure the game has ever seen someone like him, the way he moves, how effortless he makes it all look, the regularity of his incredible plays... but that alone hasnt been enough.

So, if I wanted to win a comp... As much as it pains me to say it, because I love the kid, but I'd take Foran.

Foran is an elite halfback. There are very, very, very few of those knocking about. And they come around exceedingly rarely. Parra have been waiting for an elite halfback since the 70s. Newcastle since Joey left. Etc etc... We've already seen what Kieran has done for us, in one game, to say nothing of his record as it stands. It's not up for debate, as to the difference he made. Again, go watch the Dragons game, then watch the Titans game. In the area of the game that HE can control, he made such a difference, it was absolutely unreal.

Dream world though - we keep both, and they become the most dominant halves pairing in the modern era, and we win 3 premierships.

Talk about hedging your bets. You call Shaun Johnson a generational talent and then pick Foran?

But i get it.

You love Shaun Johnson but your brain says no.

I see so many comparisons between Shaun Johnson and Benji.

Multi sport footy players with electric speed and footwork.

Both were introduced into NRL teams as game changers.

Compare that to Jones.

Another child prodigy with electric speed and foot work.....who used the laws of Rugby League to manipulate games....mind over matter.

Jones was a footy player, where Shaun and Shaun Johnson were freak athletes that added kicking games.

That's why Jones is number one while Benji and Johnson sit on the same plain.

At the same time.....Quantum mechanics suggests that Foran Johnson on a sub atomic level proves greater in its in unpredictability in the behavior of matter while paradoxically Foran Johnson prove predictably superior according to Einsteins theory of general relativity....

I digress somewhat, however physics heads will get wot I'm sayn.....Shaun Johnson Foran are da best...

Reactions: koolkat
Does anyone have stats from the 2011 and 2013 grand finals - given 'who can win a premiership' seems to be where the discussion is heading. Reason I ask is that I can remember DCE having massive games in both Manly GF's, however I can't recall Foran doing much in either. I'm basing this purely on memory and both games were some time ago so I could be way off in what I'm suggesting.

Reactions: Dunedin warrior

bruce

Contributor
Does anyone have stats from the 2011 and 2013 grand finals - given 'who can win a premiership' seems to be where the discussion is heading. Reason I ask is that I can remember DCE having massive games in both Manly GF's, however I can't recall Foran doing much in either. I'm basing this purely on memory and both games were some time ago so I could be way off in what I'm suggesting.
DCE has not been the same player with Foran

Reactions: Beastmode
DCE has not been the same player with Foran
He's been going pretty well the last couple of weeks. I've actually mentioned this before on this forum however in their final season together at Manly, DCE went much better while Foran was out injured. Norman went better last year once Foran was out of the picture as well (and before Norman got himself suspended).

Shaun Johnson is a much better defender than benji ever was.
Or Stacey for that matter.
That's very true.

I suspect Shaun Johnson may prove at least the match of Foran over their careers.

Johnson has been hitting hard this season too.

Foran edges him out by the gulf between their willingness to get smashed.

But in Shaun Johnson's defence.....you have to factor in why you would take on the line when the whole of the NRL is marking you solely?

At another club you may well see Johnson straightening the attack.....

That's why 2017 is the year of the Warrior....or bust

Last edited:
Reactions: Defence
Fair to say he hasn't gone at the line as hard since his injury-

The irony is that if foran had made that tackle he never would've broke his leg.

It does look like he's starting to get some confidence back tho- it was always gonna take a while.

• Haha
Reactions: Beastmode
He's been going pretty well the last couple of weeks. I've actually mentioned this before on this forum however in their final season together at Manly, DCE went much better while Foran was out injured. Norman went better last year once Foran was out of the picture as well (and before Norman got himself suspended).
Foran has a 100% win record with Para. Norman didn't have to up his game when Foz was there. He was able to ride along on Forans back.

Side note: Does Forans perfect eels record cancel out Kerneys?

Foran has a 100% win record with Para. Norman didn't have to up his game when Foz was there. He was able to ride along on Forans back.

Side note: Does Forans perfect eels record cancel out Kerneys?
6 wins and 3 losses at the Eels actually, still a win rate I'd happily accept. Anyway the main point I guess I'd really like to make is that Foran has rarely played the role of number 1 playmaker. He certainly didn't play that role last weekend.

Reactions: Dunedin warrior