General Football World Cup 2018

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

I am sure following the Warriors has prepared you well for failure and disappointment.

You’ll be fine.

Just Keep calm, it’s never coming home.

I am a Millwall fan, so I know how to handle
Disappointment

bruce

bruce

Contributor
I cannot understand the disappointment of English fans. They have won one world cup, at home in very dodgy circumstances as well, so they have no right to expect anything at all apart from the fact that they invented the game. The commentators were talking about knighting Southgate when they went a goal up early on. That showed on the field as well. Heyzeuss spare me, another knighthood. That is one proud thing about rugby league, no knighthoods to any players and they even had to invent Prince Harry, a union fan as patron...rant over.

Defence

Defence

That is one proud thing about rugby league, no knighthoods to any players and they even had to invent Prince Harry, a union fan as patron...rant over.

Is that right?
Should give ellery Hanley one- what a player he was.
Mind u if u go back 50 years England were dominating league- must've been someone in that lot who qualified- they gave Mugabe one ffs.

Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

Is that right?
Should give ellery Hanley one- what a player he was.
Mind u if u go back 50 years England were dominating league- must've been someone in that lot who qualified- they gave Mugabe one ffs.
I'll try not to foam at the mouth here but it was a class thing, simple as. Players of a bygone era such as Gus Risman, Billy Boston, Alex Murphy, Jim Sullivan, Roger Millward, Neil Fox should all have been in with a shout. Fox and Millward were eventually awarded MBE's iirc. Three of the aforementioned left Union in Wales to play league, if there ever was a blacklist for awards they'd have been on it

Reactions: Sup42 and Defence
Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

I'm a Pompey fan. Kenny Jackett is at Pompey and they did quite well in his first season. How did he go at Millwall?
League 1 should be interesting this year, Pompey and my club Sunderland should have by far the biggest support and ought to be challenging. Mind you we got beat at non league Darlington in midweek. Successive relegations has meant our pre seasons have gone from tours of Portugal and international tournaments in Hong Kong to Hartlepool and Grimsby away

dean

League 1 should be interesting this year, Pompey and my club Sunderland should have by far the biggest support and ought to be challenging. Mind you we got beat at non league Darlington in midweek. Successive relegations has meant our pre seasons have gone from tours of Portugal and international tournaments in Hong Kong to Hartlepool and Grimsby away
Pompey slid down the leagues fast during the tough times. Hope Sunderland doesn't go the same way. Hard to read too much into pre season.
I guess you have lost a few players. Pompey has the bulk of last seasons squad with a few additions that seem ok. Good to see players from the youth side coming through.

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
Croatia a little unlucky first half. Probably out played France so far. Dubious penalty, own goal where Pogba was off side and was in the play , and a great strike by Peresic.

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
Looks like two moments of class from Pogba and Mbappe will be the difference

Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

Looks like two moments of class from Pogba and Mbappe will be the difference
The two goals that won it, but the Croatian goalkeeper was poor. Either Pickford or the Belgian keeper Courtois would have had a shout at saving some of those, he was completely off balance and watched them both fly in

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Shame Croatia couldn’t get up but France have had a solid tournament

Reactions: Defence