General Fonzies Warriors Talk - Ep 1 (1 Viewer)

Fonzie

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 22, 2018

Hi guys, I figured seeing that I was spending so much time reading and thinking about the Warriors I may as well collect my thoughts and share them through a podcast; so here it is. I just recorded it today and being a new podcast it will take a week or so to hit all the platforms like iTunes, but I thought I'd share the links that are available now on here in case anyone is interested.

Feedback and debate more than welcome!

Last edited:

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Feb 22, 2016
Good on you for doing this! Fans getting off their arse to do these types of podcast etc is awesome. I enjoyed listening to it.

There are other warriors pod casts, blogs , fb pages etc which are all out there for us fans to listen too and read which are all fab.

Thank you, the Fans make this club !!

By the way while I am here thanks to Tajhay for this forum !! Oh and Mt Wellington for sharing his jersey collection.

Bring on 2020!!

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Great blog, some well thought out opinion.

I had a mate who was a Police Detective. He told me that on Page 2 of the Detective Manual was the following advice:

Don't look for fancy clues, look at the obvious explanation first.

Facts:
SK never had any success coaching in the NRL.
Fancy clues:
Trying to think up reasons why this is going to change.

tajhay

Bird Gang to Warrior
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Fantastic work Fonzie Fonzie !

Anyone care to list all warriors related and general league podcasts around? Would love to create a comprehensive list to publicise the great work put in by members if the community.

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England

I had a mate who was a Police Detective. He told me that on Page 2 of the Detective Manual was the following advice:

Facts:
Fancy clues:
I think you’ve spotted the axe between the shoulder blades there bruce bruce

• Haha
Reactions: Johnnyray and bruce

Murraytd

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 5, 2014
Brisbane
Well done Fonzie. Wish I had a mate like you, few beers and a passionate, well thought out, sympathetic Warriors conversation, never get it!!!!. Hope you have a good Warriors mate close by to yarn to Fonzie. Keep it up.

Reactions: Fonzie and bruce

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
Agreed with everything you said on your podcast. One thing I would add when you mentioned the centre position is the importance of Peta Hiku. Each of those explosive wingers you mentioned had him on their side in each of the years they dominated.
Hopefully his shoulder is all sorted because I rate him as one of the most gifted in the game although defence can be iffy. He did a lot to address that last year though. Saw some top twenty list of centres for 2020 and didn't even get a mention, really underrated.
Agree totally about prop but a light pack isn't the end of the world. Canberra showed that last year having the lightest in the comp.

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Fantastic work Fonzie Fonzie !

Anyone care to list all warriors related and general league podcasts around? Would love to create a comprehensive list to publicise the great work put in by members if the community.
Only ones I’m listening to atm are view from the eaststand and the rugby league digest.
Used to listen to few others like Phil Gould’s and the fox one but because we were shit last year it got tiring listening to others shutting on us too

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 12, 2017
Agreed with everything you said on your podcast. One thing I would add when you mentioned the centre position is the importance of Peta Hiku. Each of those explosive wingers you mentioned had him on their side in each of the years they dominated.
Hopefully his shoulder is all sorted because I rate him as one of the most gifted in the game although defence can be iffy. He did a lot to address that last year though. Saw some top twenty list of centres for 2020 and didn't even get a mention, really underrated.
Agree totally about prop but a light pack isn't the end of the world. Canberra showed that last year having the lightest in the comp.
Nice podcast Fonzie!

Agree that a light pack can be a positive thing but you need to have 100% commitment from every player and we didn't have that last season.
Hoping this year will be different.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Hi guys, I figured seeing that I was spending so much time reading and thinking about the Warriors I may as well collect my thoughts and share them through a podcast; so here it is. I just recorded it today and being a new podcast it will take a week or so to hit all the platforms like iTunes, but I thought I'd share the links that are available now on here in case anyone is interested.

Feedback and debate more than welcome!

Solid podcast there Fonzie.

I’d add that letting our rock Simon Mannering “retire” and deciding not to renew Isaac Luke’s contract, were key decisions that created instability in the dressing room, accumulating with the departure of SJ.

Stability should have been the top priority on our list and keeping our key assets and snr players happy. That’s how you start a new season motivated and hungry for more.

Management got overconfident. Signing Kearney for 3 more years?? Its all been said in this forum.

2019 could have been very different if we got our priorities right.

You mentioned you didn’t quite understand the purpose of Brian Smith. I liked the idea and thought they were trying to replicate the sort of mentoring Ivan Cleary used to get with John Hart. You also mentioned Wayne Bennett who always goes into bat for Stephen. I felt that was the role of Brian Smith. Unfortunately the relationship just didn’t work.

Lastly on Stephen. Interesting to hear you’re still on the fence with him. Clearly something has happened within the club that we don’t know about. A power struggle involving Brian Smith + Corvo against SK and Cameron George maybe? Maybe a result from this feud was a realisation that he got it wrong and is now having to change. If so, its come at a big cost to the club.

Hearing Blair talk about “enjoying” preseason is a sign there could be massive motivation issues and a lot of unhappiness within the club. It’s concerning to hear.

We all want the club to do well, but I just can’t see it happening. Not with the players we have nor with the so called “new” approach we are taking.

Its going to be more of the same until Stephen leaves and we bring in fresh leadership with a proven formula that works.

Last edited:

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Lastly on Stephen. Interesting to hear you’re still on the fence with him. Clearly something has happened within the club that we don’t know about. A power struggle involving Brian Smith + Corvo against SK and Cameron George maybe?
Whatever the merits of Smith & Corvo v SK, he had all the cards with that ridiculous contract extension. If my mate heyzeuss was in either of those jobs he would have lost the argument as well.

Reactions: BeastMode

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Whatever the merits of Smith & Corvo v SK, he had all the cards with that ridiculous contract extension. If my mate heyzeuss was in either of those jobs he would have lost the argument as well.
Yeah agree.

This is all just pure speculation of course, but it wouldnt surprise me if the “All in” motto was not just in reference to the public but internally as well.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
You mentioned you didn’t quite understand the purpose of Brian Smith. I liked the idea and thought they were trying to replicate the sort of mentoring Ivan Cleary used to get with John Hart.
Interesting point. Smith is known to be prickly, but Hart even more so, yet his relationship with Ivan was positive, and so were the results. Puts even more doubt on SK as a coach IMO.

jsmooove

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Hey Fonzie

For your first effort i think its actually pretty fantastic. i enjoyed the content. You have a good enough voice that isnt going to stop people frim listening

just some really nitpicking things to think about, Maybe invest in a cheapish microphone just to improve the quality of the recording Just fix up the intro a little bit when you record you did seem like you weren't sure what to say on introducing the podcast - honestly i think as you do more it will be come across better

Im keen to hear more of what you got so let me know when its up on itunes and ill sub

Fonzie

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 22, 2018

Facts:
Fancy clues:
Haha thanks Bruce

I had a mate who was a lawyer and he gave me the following advice:

‘The only thing worse than overcomplicating something is oversimplifying it.’

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
just some really nitpicking things to think about, Maybe invest in a cheapish microphone just to improve the quality of the recording Just fix up the intro a little bit when you record you did seem like you weren't sure what to say on introducing the podcast - honestly i think as you do more it will be come across better
I thought it was a genuine league tragic sharing his psychological condition with fellow league tragics. That usually works pretty well and I found it very easy to listen to.

The only problem I had, and it isn't a problem really, is that I think SK is a goner and not worth wasting time over. Fonzie, the caring soul is still out on that subject, which is all good, but it pissed me off. Just saying like. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Upcoming Match

Manly Sea Eagles Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

20 Sep

14 - 26
5.9 Total Avg Rating
5.9 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 11 ratings