Podcast Fonzie / TWL 11/5/22

Mr Dragon

Mr Dragon

Hi all, offered as an apology to all those in the Rumour thread - our interview with Simon Mannering.

Fonzie ‘scoop’ TWL
I had to go on my extra meds because of it, the voices were coming back and everything 🤣

Aman

Aman

also fucked to think we let two local home grown talents with amazing work ethic, ability and potential slip away for next to nothing but then wonder why we haven't made more progress in player development? like its blatantly obvious why, because the club is retarded.

Players could see why should have made more attempts to keep CNK and Papa. Good kids with brains, ability and great attitudes. Don't see many of them growing on trees do ya.

Reactions: 4 users
jsmooove

jsmooove

pretty incredible podcast. It was genuine and organic; I hate all the over produced garbage on TV where every question and answer are pre rehearsed. i understand and agree with media training for Players and ex-players but it's to the point where everyone is a robot with the exact same answers. so great job to those involved

Just remember that these guys are not professionals and are still learning/tweaking their art. It would be more helpful to give them constructive criticism so they can improve.

A lot of the Warriors content makers are on this site and can certainly see the comments. Support and providing feedback helps everyone, including the audience. Just be mindful of that.
Anyone who is making or even thinking about making content whether its about the warriors or what ever they are passionate about should be encouraged to do so. eventually with enough practice and perseverance they can make alot better content than so called " professionals"

Reactions: 6 users
AlexM

AlexM

I actually really enjoy Brad's sense of humour and think he's a funny bloke. Just like another poster said , it seemed Simon was mid sentence sometimes and he would jump in over the top... which is fine , but I just wanted to hear more about Footy and maybe less about building lol.

What I tried to Divine from what he was saying was that After Ivan Left until probably Kearney started a lot of things at the club went completely tits up.
And that our biggest problem right now is Defence? Not goal line but just regular contact, wrestle and general defence?

playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Without Brad’s off the wall convo, I don’t think Simon would have been that open.

Reactions: 11 users
Dangerous

Dangerous

GREAT POD GUYS!!! every question i was thinking in my head you guys seemed to ask him & he was honest & such an awesome bloke. Especially enjoyed his opinions on talented guys vs guys with work ethic eg Charnz NC & Conrad hurrell being a classic examples. Even brought back memories of Conrad getting subbed because he was tired lol!!!!

Reactions: 3 users

Burncity warrior

I'm not sure who was who in regards to Fonzie and Brad but I thought it flowed nicely. Really loved his thoughts on defence and how it impacts our yardage game. Also interesting how he loved the big wingers, I was one of the only guys here that was gutted ken left and then Fu's after him. I get they weren't playing well and admittedly I was excited with the Dallin signing but we are missing Ken's first tackle hit ups.. same as RTS.

Line speed is attitude more than any system and its Killing us. Allowing the opposition to get too good a field position which leaves us always always fighting out of our 20. And with no big wingers to get us out of trouble look where we are. Big great listen Fonzie, will have to check out the others!

drunk_monk

drunk_monk

Like Burncity warrior I had no idea who was who.

Just subbed to both pods, really enjoyed the listen. Just the right level of teasing each other bants, the right amount of knowing their stuff, and the right amount of talking like people I would want to have an actual convo with.

I haven't listened to a Warriors pod since View from the east stand stopped, so I am glad to have found your pods (even if I am late to the party).

Thanks everyone involved!

Reactions: 2 users
drunk_monk

drunk_monk

Oh and of course, holy shit Simon is exactly the way you would expect based on how he played. Down to earth hard working dude.

I hat it when someone you love turns out to be a dick behind the scenes. He is one of my favourite Warriors of all time, so glad that he is amazing in real life.

Reactions: 1 user