Podcast Fonzie / TWL 11/5/22

Fonzie

Fonzie

Hi all, offered as an apology to all those in the Rumour thread - our interview with Simon Mannering.

Fonzie ‘scoop’ TWL

Reactions: 9 users
AlexM

AlexM

Fuck Brad can be annoying... just changing the topic... fan boying...

Reactions: 3 users
Aman

Aman

Damn crazy to think one of our greatest warriors ever doesn't even watch the team anymore? I can't comprehend that.

Also the club doesn't want to use him in some capacity? How good would he be for the young guys in the squad.

Also my mind still boggles the club fucked SK by moving on Shaun Johnson and then firing him after such a short stint of failure

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
tajhay

tajhay

🏉
Just remember that these guys are not professionals and are still learning/tweaking their art. It would be more helpful to give them constructive criticism so they can improve.

A lot of the Warriors content makers are on this site and can certainly see the comments. Support and providing feedback helps everyone, including the audience. Just be mindful of that.

Reactions: 20 users
Fonzie

Fonzie

It’s really interesting - going by feedback and listener numbers there’s some people who prefer my slightly drier analytical contributions, and a similar number who like Brads unstructured tangents 😂. Horses for courses. I can tell you that without Brad we probably wouldn’t have had the really relaxed informal vibe that I think Simon enjoyed, to the point where he gave us so much of his time (including after we stopped recording).

Reactions: 15 users
jonesy101

jonesy101

I was going to send a DM to you Fonzie, but have made a public comment instead as I want the guys from this Warriors Life to know that there are some out here that love their work just as it is. I find both podcasts essential listening and really enjoy it when you collaborate with them. Brad is brilliant, very funny, a real personality and I would hate for the tone of This Warriors Life to change as its very authentic.

That they manage to get Simon Mannering and Cameron George on their podcasts is a testament to This Warriors Life and keep up the good work guys!

Reactions: 6 users
bangbros18

bangbros18

Good pod guys!

My all time favorite player Simon Mannering. (Second, Micheal Luck).

Some good takeaways from this I found interesting.

• I hope when the club is back on its feet they go back and revisit Simon being involved with the club, he sounds like he wants to give back. I personally would love it that he's coaching the SG ball team so from an early age they are learning about the effort areas of thier game (Defense!, Defense!, Defense!). Short comp so wouldn't take too much of his time.

• The video session at the Storm was telling for me when he said in the warriors environment when players were asked what went wrong there was silence. To me that's what they talk about when referring to club culture. Where a young guy can get up and have his say and have a voice must be really empowering. How can that be installed into our club, I feel as kiwis we are naturally to shy to stand up in a scenario like that, they need more students of the game.

• Channel Harris Tavita!!! Simon says!!!! Now get it done warriors!!!!

• Agree Junior system needs to be taught defensive system all the way through to nrl. I will swear Black and blue! If we don't have defenses we have nothing! And being real with players and not cuddling them, I don't care about where they come from or this notion that they are pacific islanders they can't talk to them in a way that makes them uncomfortable so that they are battle hardened. Its actually like training soldiers in a lesser extent, they are put through hell so that when hell comes they are ready to perform.

Great pod guys. The club is definitely short sighted, this needs to stop!

• Get why you have Brad but would of loved it if he didn't speak while Simon was trying to speak and coming over him with a joke? (Just a work on Brad) I do love his humor but needs to let people finish what they are saying, my only grip of the pod. Otherwise keep up the great work!

Fantastic end to the pod fonzie and loved the questions. You didn't waste time while having a living warriors legend of the game, Epic!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Tragic

Tragic

I actually think the combo of Fonzies analysis and TWL's style works really well because the interviewee gets a break from in depth analysis and gets to talk about other things and then gets ambushed again by Fonzies in depth critical analysis and has to think hard about the answer. Kinda plays off each other. Awesome podcast - well done to all.
Would be good if you could put up a photo of this picture that was mentioned Fonz, give us an insight into the real you

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
bangbros18

bangbros18

I actually think the combo of Fonzies analysis and TWL's style works really well because the interviewee gets a break from in depth analysis and gets to talk about other things and then gets ambushed again by Fonzies in depth critical analysis and has to think hard about the answer. Kinda plays off each other. Awesome podcast - well done to all.
Would be good if you could put up a photo of this picute that was mentioned Fonz, give us an insight into the real you
I agree! I just love the analysis you bring fonz.

Reactions: 1 user
Tragic

Tragic

I agree! I just love the analysis you bring fonz.
It is really insightful but then he goes off and tries to tell us to stick with Brownie or that Chanel Harris-Tavita is awesome coz he takes the ball to the line or something crazy like that, I cant work out if he is a league savant or just a town idiot like the rest of us,

• Haha
Fonzie

Fonzie

It is really insightful but then he goes off and tries to tell us to stick with Brownie or that Chanel Harris-Tavita is awesome coz he takes the ball to the line or something crazy like that, I cant work out if he is a league savant or just a town idiot like the rest of us,
Definitely town idiot

• Haha
bangbros18

bangbros18

🤔 but would you say they same about Simon Mannering? He seems to think along the same line that the things Chanel Harris-Tavita does bring are things he likes in a player and I have to agree, they need more coaching.

I'm all for getting a good coaching team assembled but if there isn't that option why change a bunch of mediocre coaches around and instead install stability? Brown by all accounts is a great fellow to have around. Is he the best coach...no! But do I want another Nathan Brown coming through the door or just keep the club stable?

Tragic

Tragic

🤔 but would you say they same about Simon Mannering? He seems to think along the same line that the things Chanel Harris-Tavita does bring are things he likes in a player and I have to agree, they need more coaching.

I'm all for getting a good coaching team assembled but if there isn't that option why change a bunch of mediocre coaches around and instead install stability? Brown by all accounts is a great fellow to have around. Is he the best coach...no! But do I want another Nathan Brown coming through the door or just keep the club stable?
Yeah I get it, I was against getting Brown but I can see value in him despite the records he is getting us that we don't want, I would still move him for someone good if there was someone (in 2 minds about Flanagan) . I just couldn't think of anything else stupid Fonzie said and I didn't want to be too nice to him or he might think I want to come and stand under his picture and hold hands or something.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Fonzie

Fonzie

Yeah I get it, I was against getting Brown but I can see value in him despite the records he is getting us that we don't want, I would still move him for someone good if there was someone (in 2 minds about Flanagan) . I just couldn't think of anything else stupid Fonzie said and I didn't want to be too nice to him or he might think I want to come and stand under his picture and hold hands or something.
Lol that picture thing was a stitch up

Tragic

Tragic

Lol that picture thing was a stitch up
are you wearing bike pants lycra boy?

• Haha
Mr Dragon

Mr Dragon

Good pod guys!

My all time favorite player Simon Mannering. (Second, Micheal Luck).

Some good takeaways from this I found interesting.

• I hope when the club is back on its feet they go back and revisit Simon being involved with the club, he sounds like he wants to give back. I personally would love it that he's coaching the SG ball team so from an early age they are learning about the effort areas of thier game (Defense!, Defense!, Defense!). Short comp so wouldn't take too much of his time.

• The video session at the Storm was telling for me when he said in the warriors environment when players were asked what went wrong there was silence. To me that's what they talk about when referring to club culture. Where a young guy can get up and have his say and have a voice must be really empowering. How can that be installed into our club, I feel as kiwis we are naturally to shy to stand up in a scenario like that, they need more students of the game.

• Channel Harris Tavita!!! Simon says!!!! Now get it done warriors!!!!

• Agree Junior system needs to be taught defensive system all the way through to nrl. I will swear Black and blue! If we don't have defenses we have nothing! And being real with players and not cuddling them, I don't care about where they come from or this notion that they are pacific islanders they can't talk to them in a way that makes them uncomfortable so that they are battle hardened. Its actually like training soldiers in a lesser extent, they are put through hell so that when hell comes they are ready to perform.

Great pod guys. The club is definitely short sighted, this needs to stop!

• Get why you have Brad but would of loved it if he didn't speak while Simon was trying to speak and coming over him with a joke? (Just a work on Brad) I do love his humor but needs to let people finish what they are saying, my only grip of the pod. Otherwise keep up the great work!

Fantastic end to the pod fonzie and loved the questions. You didn't waste time while having a living warriors legend of the game, Epic!
Simon Mannering was awesome, even in his last year he was a tackle machine, left a big hole when he left

Mr Dragon

Mr Dragon

Just remember that these guys are not professionals and are still learning/tweaking their art. It would be more helpful to give them constructive criticism so they can improve.

A lot of the Warriors content makers are on this site and can certainly see the comments. Support and providing feedback helps everyone, including the audience. Just be mindful of that.
I thought you were talking about the Warriors for a second 🤣

• Haha