Podcast Fonzie Talks Warriors - Ep 2.19

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Good stuff mate. I was surprised you didn’t mention Ash Taylor - any thoughts on how he’ll go?

Reactions: AlexM

Fonzie

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 22, 2018
Good stuff mate. I was surprised you didn’t mention Ash Taylor - any thoughts on how he’ll go?
Cheers mate. I’m not getting too excited about Taylor, there’s a reason he could only manage a train and trial, and he’s only a 1 year proposition. I don’t think we can rely on him or build a style of play to suit him. Shaun Johnson injury cover only imo

Reactions: AlexM

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Cheers mate. I’m not getting too excited about Taylor, there’s a reason he could only manage a train and trial, and he’s only a 1 year proposition. I don’t think we can rely on him or build a style of play to suit him. Shaun Johnson injury cover only imo
I think he could surprise.
It wasn’t that long ago that he was considered to be potentially one of the better 7s in the game.
He is still living at home , has a great short kicking game and with the pressure off him and in new surroundings , he can hopefully only improve.

Reactions: PNG Kiwi and Fonzie

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
Taylor at his best is an elite Half. At the Titans he went through similar to what Shaun Johnson did here in expectations. Really he was in a no win situation. We have a group of Halves (including CHT) who have high ceilings. Consistency and injuries will be critical.

Mr Dragon

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2015
Great to hear you again, I still think we should invest in young Aus talent, like the Storm did with a young Smith and Cronk

Reactions: Fonzie

Swanley

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 13, 2012
Tonbridge, Kent, UK
Good listen again Fonzie.

All valid points raised, I think last year took it's toll not being able to travel back to NZ.

I think you are way too optimistic, I'm predicting another year of disappointment, and I'm unsure if Nathan Brown is the answer.

PNG Kiwi

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 11, 2016
Well done Fonzie, you have a talent and passion.
I do enjoy as a fan how you critique things. As a long suffering fan I live in hope, but have reached a stage where the disappointment of loses isn't as raw.
Logically we have a top 8 roster but like everything our injuries will play into this and Brown as a coach must stamp his mark, or the other Mark will stamp his authority.
I am actually thinking Mark Robinson believes in Brown or he wouldn't have been given the gig.
Then there is the Mark Robinson statement on POS that he didn't fit, I believe the same statement was made of SK on his exit.
As Grandma use to say the proof of the pudding is in the eating. So let's wait and see.

BippidyDooDah

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 30, 2016
Great episode, thanks for doing the podcast, it's one of my favorites.

Agree about Roger leaving. I find talk about things players do off field the be a bit overblown. RTS, Mannering, even Adam Blair were supposed to lift teams with their professionalism. Can't say I noted a lift when they joined or a drop off when they left.

Reactions: Fonzie and Lance155

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings