Podcast Fonzie Talks Warriors - Ep 2.16

Cces

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2013
Christchurch
Cheers for taking the time Fonzie Fonzie. Have had a listen & will no doubt have another listen before Fridays game.
Just wanted to touch on Chanel Harris-Tavita. During lockdown I've have a look at his career dating all the way back to his NYC days.

NYC: 39 games 10W/28L/1D
Jersey Flegg: 1 game 1L
Junior Kiwis: 2 games 2L
NSW Cup: 30 games 12W/16L/2D
NRL: 36 games 11W/24L/1D (9W/20L as a starter)
Tests: 1 game 1W

That's a 31% win rate across those 109 games. He's been a part of a side that's won 2 or more games in a row just 5 times (once in the NRL) & hasn't had a win streak over 3 games.
He's played just one playoff match (NSW Cup 2018) where he kicked 2/5 off the tee & 0/2 Field Goals.

I see potential in him too but how long should the club persist with him when he has a track record of mediocrity & is becoming increasingly injury prone? Personally, despite the increased risk of injury, I'd like to see him become our equivalent of Radley & control our centre third

Last edited:

Fonzie

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 22, 2018
Cheers for taking the time Fonzie Fonzie. Have had a listen & will no doubt have another listen before Fridays game.
Just wanted to touch on Chanel Harris-Tavita. During lockdown I've have a look at his career dating all the way back to his NYC days.

NYC: 39 games 10W/28L/1D
Jersey Flegg: 1 game 1L
Junior Kiwis: 2 games 2L
NSW Cup: 30 games 12W/16L/2D
NRL: 36 games 11W/24L/1D (9W/20L as a starter)
Tests: 1 game 1W

That's a 31% win rate across those 109 games. He's been a part of a side that's won 2 or more games in a row just 5 times (once in the NRL) & hasn't had a win streak over 3 games.
He's played just one playoff match (NSW Cup 2018) where he kicked 2/5 off the tee & 0/2 Field Goals.

I see potential in him too but how long should the club persist with him when he has a track record of mediocrity & is becoming increasingly injury prone? Personally, despite the increased risk of injury, I'd like to see him become our equivalent of Radley & control our centre third
Hi mate
Sobering stats no doubt, but of course team win percentage doesn’t necessarily tell you about an individual player.

My answer to your question is ‘until he stops improving or we can sign someone much better’. Halves are hard to develop and recruit. I think he’s more likely to become a good half than a 13.

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 19, 2017
Looking forward to the next one mate ;)

Reactions: Cces

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player