Podcast Fonzie Talks Warriors - Ep 2.14

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Good comments , I’m glad we see eye to eye with Sean O'Sullivan and Kosi … just not up to it! Egan is on the improve, I gave him a bagging earlier in a discussion with yourself.

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 19, 2017
Funnily enough Josh McGuire played DH for Samoa I think and the Bronxos maybe?
I think the impact was because McCullough wasn't on the field, guy can tackle but is the ultimate handbreak

Reactions: Cces and Fonzie

BippidyDooDah

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 30, 2016
Great, that's my morning drive into work sorted. Hope you're not as depressed as you were in the last pod. Though you probably should be

• Haha
Reactions: Fonzie

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Another goodun.

Very happy for Egan that he gets to play with Addin Fonua-Blake and Lodge then the other big boys come on.

Will be watching him closely next outing, his service is really good, with those boppers we will gain the upper hand I feel....

But as for the rest of it...big problem with our halves, the Sharks clear favourites.

Fonzie

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 22, 2018
Another goodun.

Very happy for Egan that he gets to play with Addin Fonua-Blake and Lodge then the other big boys come on.

Will be watching him closely next outing, his service is really good, with those boppers we will gain the upper hand I feel....

But as for the rest of it...big problem with our halves, the Sharks clear favourites.
Woods and Tolman starting props...

Reactions: Sup42

PNG Kiwi

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 11, 2016
Insightful as usual, I agree if we snag a win on Sunday then we get more troops back game on.
I am inclined to think put Reece Walsh to 6 for this game instead of Sean O'Sullivan if we haven't given up on the top 8, and obviously with all the mid season signings we haven't.
With Chad going down has put a spanner in the works.

Reactions: Fonzie

HoRneT041

1st Grade Fringe
Dec 4, 2018
“Completing and Possession”

The Cowboys last night had Souths 12-0 and looked dominant. Then ONE lazy pass from Drinkwater and it all went horribly wrong. Souths score and hold possession for pretty much the entire match after that turning point.

These new rules have seen some crazy blowouts for the team that can hold onto that possession and have the class to use it effectively. It’s basically rewarding clinical teams.

Additionally, Manly have had an incredible run blowing teams off the park recently. But that wasn’t the case against the Raiders, with Turbo and DCE gone they completely lost their mojo looking very ordinary. You could see the players really trying but they were missing the x-factor badly of those two. I only mentioned this because without turbo and DCE Manly actually play like us, which makes me think we must be very close, one or two signings away (maybe Shaun Johnson is one already?) from being a very good outfit.

HoRneT041

1st Grade Fringe
Dec 4, 2018
Egan is our smartest player and leads the tackles made every week, how could you not like where this is headed? He will only benefit more with the addition of Lodge in the pack..💪

• Love
Reactions: Fonzie and Sup42

gubbbs

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 26, 2016
Would be great to get your thoughts on the warriors ref treatment. Do we get a harder time than most teams or not? The most obvious example being the lack of yellows given to teams playing us.

Fonzie

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 22, 2018
Would be great to get your thoughts on the warriors ref treatment. Do we get a harder time than most teams or not? The most obvious example being the lack of yellows given to teams playing us.
We do get a harder time than most teams, I have no doubt.

I think (hope) this is subconscious. The refs are based in Sydney, and read Sydney media. Sydney media don't blow up if the Warriors get stuffed (whereas they do if, say, St George get stuffed). There is also a perception here that the Warriors are poor/undisciplined (interestingly, that was fading under Kearney).

So when the crunch comes, the ref subconsciously knows that a bad call against the Warriors wont be as painful as a bad call against the opposition.

Reactions: HoRneT041 and Juno
South Sydney Rabbitohs Sunshine Coast Stadium Rate Match

Last Game

24 Jul

3.8 Total Avg Rating
4.6 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 12 ratings