Podcast Fonzie Talks Warriors - Ep 14

Juno

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 2, 2018
Please NOT Dean Pay. He took an outstanding comp winning Storm U20s team down the tubes in about 3 years...had a few kiwi boys in there so I watched them with interest. Jordan McLean, even tho he is a declared Queenslander these days, was from the previous winning team, Tohu Harris was a newbie but head and shoulders above the opposition even back then, Slade Griffin who was already the Ryan Hinchcliffe player Bellamy loves, plus some outstanding indigenous aussie boys. All were scouted by the legendary Darren Bell who was responsible for finding so many of the Storms stars. I remember during that time that Storm (& their fans who very quickly turned on Pay because of poor choices & results) let him have his 3 years before he punting him. Apparently a decent player in his day but no coaching intelligence/ ability - even with arguably the best system & coach at hand to learn from. Everything I've seen at the Dogs reflects that 3-year hiatus I had following a Storm team lol. So hopefully not...don't think I could watch things go from bad to worse.

Last edited:

Fonzie

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 22, 2018
Please NOT Dean Pay. He took an outstanding comp winning Storm U20s team down the tubes in about 3 years...had a few kiwi boys in there so I watched them with interest. Jordan McLean, even tho he is a declared Queenslander these days, was from the previous winning team, Tohu Harris was a newbie but head and shoulders above the opposition even back then, Slade Griffin who was already the Ryan Hinchcliffe player Bellamy loves, plus some outstanding indigenous aussie boys. All were scouted by the legendary Darren Bell who was responsible for finding so many of the Storms stars. I remember during that time that Storm (& their fans who very quickly turned on Pay because of poor choices & results) let him have his 3 years before he punting him. Apparently a decent player in his day but no coaching intelligence/ ability - even with arguably the best system & coach at hand to learn from. Everything I've seen at the Dogs reflects that 3-year hiatus I had following a Storm team lol. So hopefully not...don't think I could watch things go from bad to worse.
Woah wheres the Dean Pay talk coming from?

Fonzie

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 22, 2018
You

You mentioned him in your podcast/ timing of him leaving the Dogs. I was just replying to that.
Oh ok got it, cheers. I didn't mean to suggest that we're after Pay - I was speculating that we might be after a coach that the Dogs are also after, so that our interview process has forced the Bulldogs to make a move sooner that they might have.

Reactions: Juno

Juno

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 2, 2018
Oh ok got it, cheers. I didn't mean to suggest that we're after Pay - I was speculating that we might be after a coach that the Dogs are also after, so that our interview process has forced the Bulldogs to make a move sooner that they might have.
All good, you didn't infer that, I just took it & ran with it in a lateral way, hoping our incompetent (my opinion) owner doesn't go there! But we might be safe, Pay appears to have the 'personality' of a wet sack in front of the cameras anyway so won't fit his number 1 criteria.

Upcoming Match

Wests Tigers Sydney Cricket Ground Rate Match

Last Game

31 Jul

26 - 20
6.7 Total Avg Rating
6.9 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings