TeamList Team List Tuesday (2023 Finals Week 2) - Warriors vs Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of stats we are very similar to the Knights, with one major exception, they have come home with a wet sail whereas we have limped over the line, but still ahead of them ladies and jellybeans..

On the right wing Dominic Young was one I would not have swapped for DWZ, but now he has scored more than DWZ this season, his finishing is just YouTube quality.

I think we have a better overall pattern, I will worry if SJ is not playing though, and if I were them I would not like the trip from Newcastle to Sydney and then over here.

The Aussie bookies have their money on the Warriors, I agree.
Yeah, agree. Their shape is nothing to write home about -- tend to go hand to hand to the outside, which works because you've got the genius of Ponga at 2nd or 3rd receiver - they do not have an under option to speak of.

Bruiser Bruiser Was asking the same thing the other day he wants a tan on his crown especially for his boat !!!!!!
Was literally just scrolling down the page and thought of you when I seen that comment from Nate Dogg. If I remember rightly you used to rock one of these 20 years ago before the great recede

Was literally just scrolling down the page and thought of you when I seen that comment from Nate Dogg. If I remember rightly you used to rock one of these 20 years ago before the great recede
Would u rather receed from the front or the back?

I had a niggly calf last year. Didn’t have the luxury of resting it long enough for a full recovery.
I was okay for 40-60 minutes then struggled and couldn’t train on it during the week how I’d like to.
Just had to do the Sup42 type training.
And I was on the next week for 40-60 minutes again.

I strained my calf muscle and managed to play a 5 day hockey tournament about 2-3 weeks later playing 1 x 70 minute game each day (I played the full game each time) when I was in high school. It was doable but your calf feels tight as f*** and I had a burning sensation after a few minutes of running. Was a bad thing to do as I managed to strain the other calf a few months later and now I have compartment syndrome in both calves so I can’t run at all without tightness and burning. I’m waiting to get surgery done.

Hope Shaun’s calves manage to hold up and he doesn’t wreck them like I did.

As a side note, I heard on SENZ today that as the NRL run the playoffs that the game day experience will be quite different to what we have become accustomed to this year I.e. No blackout and music etc as they head into the pitch and less of the pre game Warriors hype.

Was pretty pissed off to hear this as well, so will be interested to see what takes place.

As a side note, I heard on SENZ today that as the NRL run the playoffs that the game day experience will be quite different to what we have become accustomed to this year I.e. No blackout and music etc as they head into the pitch and less of the pre game Warriors hype.

Was pretty pissed off to hear this as well, so will be interested to see what takes place.
Hopefully the crowd makes up for it!

Bugger, I was about to ask of it was dark at 6 for our 'traditional' entrance. Did they say why?

Will Ferrell probably has a spare one.

He is wearing TED stockings too lol (compression stockings for old people, enhances venous return to the heart, decreases swelling in the lower extremities).

You have to be comfortable in your own skin and a pretty secure man to rock that full look.
I wear compression socks when doing long runs, it's quite common for distance runners, whether there is any benefit to me, I'm unsure. Long runs is generally anything over 20km.

Disappointed but not surprised.

Hope they at least still roll out the Pate drums.. almost wouldn’t feel like Mt Smart without them

Also, just imagine the crowd singing the victory song post game without Savage/the lyrics on the big screen, Just taking it into our own hands, it would be electric

NRL Physio on twitter said "I actually have a mate of a mate who had a calf injury, and he was like "ouch" and then I was like "gasp".

For that reason alone I have grave concerns for SJ on Saturday.

Can Saturday hurry up already, this week is draggggging.
I've had a calf injury, they hurt, don't know if a needle works, my guess he's been receiving a lot of physio to lengthen the scare tissue and plenty of stretching.

Looking at the photo(yes it's jonno esq stopwatch time), it looks like just socks and no tape, my guess is it was a niggle during the rest period and they've been saving him for this game. He was never playing against Penrith and he can't be that bad as he would've never flown with the team to Sydney.

Disappointed but not surprised.

Hope they at least still roll out the Pate drums.. almost wouldn’t feel like Mt Smart without them

Also, just imagine the crowd singing the victory song post game without Savage/the lyrics on the big screen, Just taking it into our own hands, it would be electric
The NRL have done an excellent job with crowds and TV ratings this season.

I think we are close to or have pipped AFL for both TV and crowds.

However their PR over the finals has been shite, apart from letting us have MSS.

The NRL have done an excellent job with crowds and TV ratings this season.

I think we are close to or have pipped AFL for both TV and crowds.

However their PR over the finals has been shite, apart from letting us have MSS.
They say AFL is a better live sport and NRL is a better tv product, but i've been to a couple here in Perth during my time and I had no idea where to look. No idea where they get that idea from.

Last edited:
They say AFL is a better live sport and NRL is a better tv product, but fek me i've been to a couple here in Perth during my time and I had no idea where to look. No idea where they get that idea from.
I am told that in Perth they go outside to watch planes land.
AFL is a cultural thing, much the same as rugby codes are to Kiwis
However when Murdoch screwed our game in the mid 90s AFL became cash rich.
So like their rugby cousins they blew it trying to take over league territory.
It seems the only territory they gained was from yawnion in the flash schools.

Are there any articles on Johnson playing?
What is he saying on Instagram?
Shaun plays we might win
Shaun doesn’t play equals certain loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back