General Five Eight/Number 6

Who is you're preffered Five Eight?

• Kieran Foran

• Tuimoalo Lolohea

• Ata Hingano

• Mason Lino

Results are only viewable after voting.

AusWarriorsFan

no, but still shits all over Lolohea. Tui needs to keep his feet on the ground and continue to develop. He is a talent but doesn't deserve a walk up start to the 6 jumper and doesn't deserve special treatment. I get the concerns around playing different positions through the year but the fact is that it is the NRL and injuries are going to occur and it is a team game. players will have to slot in to positions thye are not used to or perhaps not as comfortable with. Now, you can either take up the challenge or you can sulk and get your manager to issue ultimatums that only cause further problems.
Ok I see your point. But hes not likely to stick with the warriors. Why would he? Hes highly thought of in the NRL. My problem is unless Foran is commited to a longer term then we will be doing what we always do, losing class players only to find ourselves short of the position, Brad Abbey case in point. IMO you cant have them all, either Foran and Lolo will likely get a big offer elsewhere or keep Brad Abbey and no Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and develop Abbey would likely appear next year (they chose the Roger Tuivasa-Sheck no Abbey route). I dont think you can judge Lolo at 6 until hes played a season of FG 6. Otherwise you may as well judge Bull for being a hopefless FB, Centre, Wing 5/8th

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
Ok I see your point. But hes not likely to stick with the warriors. Why would he? Hes highly thought of in the NRL. My problem is unless Foran is commited to a longer term then we will be doing what we always do, losing class players only to find ourselves short of the position, Brad Abbey case in point. IMO you cant have them all, either Foran and Lolo will likely get a big offer elsewhere or keep Brad Abbey and no Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and develop Abbey would likely appear next year (they chose the Roger Tuivasa-Sheck no Abbey route). I dont think you can judge Lolo at 6 until hes played a season of FG 6. Otherwise you may as well judge Bull for being a hopefless FB, Centre, Wing 5/8th
the reality is that players like Abbey and to a lesser degree Lolohea need to develop and improve. That is usually in the lower grades but with lolohea, due to circumstances he has been forced up in to first grade. If they think they are better than that and think they can secure a better contract and more gametime elsewhere then so be it. Interestingly I haven't heard much about Abbey this season. Is he killing it with the Bulldogs? If you are asking me whetehr we should have held on to Abbey and developed him rather than sign Roger Tuivasa-Sheck then my answer is no. I sign Roger Tuivasa-Sheck everytime. If Abbey was smart he could have stayed and learnt from the Kiwi fullback and potentially got his chance with the injuries we got this year. IMO he wouldn't have been good enough if he had stayed and will need 3 or 4 years before getting anywhere near a consistant first grade spot. I think this has been the issue with the Warriors for a number of years now. Kids wanting the spoils before they are ready or earned them. Contracts for potential need to be a thing of the past.

Reactions: 4 users

AusWarriorsFan

Yes I agree on Abbey and no hes still in development. I wish it was under Des though. It broke my heart when we let him go, like it would have Johnson or Lolo. Lolo can learn from Foran, like Abbey could have from Roger Tuivasa-Sheck. Win Win.

Like I said in the other thread, if Foran comes, Lolo to wing, Manu to lock. If Foran has a blinder in the first 8 weeks, try to lure him longer term, I know his life is across the ditch so that might not be easy. And it would mean letting go of some players, like hoffman, who I thought was off contract.

gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Honestly i dont know what people see in Tui. I have the memory of a goldfish and i can only normally remember about 1 season back and in that season Tui hasnt been up to the job of FB, or Wing or Centre. I vaguely remember him in the world cup but what i remember is that he wasnt any good. Keeping him based on under 20s performance (that i dont rate at all), there is no way that i would ever have him put into FG as a six or seven.

Maybe with good coaching and stability he will come right in some position. I cant judge what might happen, but i can see what has happened and to play wing or FB you need to catch balls. To play 6 you need to be able to set a play up and kick and control, and i think ive seen more from Fusitua in this regards. He reminds me of a simpler version of Shaun Johnson without the kicking ability, or the talking.

To hand him the regular FG role in the 6 jumper based on what ive seen would be the epitome of madness.

Reactions: 2 users
fizurg

fizurg

To me Lolohea has all the same flaws as Johnson and is missing the few things that make Johnson such a special player.
I feel if Johnson had of been put into as many positions as Lolohea did in his second season we would have seen a lot of similar issues. Yet I can guarantee his highlight package would have been a lot more spectacular than Loloheas was this season.

Reactions: 1 user

AusWarriorsFan

To hand him the regular FG role in the 6 jumper based on what ive seen would be the epitome of madness.

u would rather play him out of position as a rookie, then blame it on him when it doesnt go right?

i cant be bothered debating the point, its totally illogical, no u didnt win a debate, u just dont get it. next year johnson can play fb, win, centre if we have an injury and when he fails, no way will we play him in his actual position again. :banghead:

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Honestly i dont know what people see in Tui. I have the memory of a goldfish and i can only normally remember about 1 season back and in that season Tui hasnt been up to the job of FB, or Wing or Centre. I vaguely remember him in the world cup but what i remember is that he wasnt any good. Keeping him based on under 20s performance (that i dont rate at all), there is no way that i would ever have him put into FG as a six or seven.

Maybe with good coaching and stability he will come right in some position. I cant judge what might happen, but i can see what has happened and to play wing or FB you need to catch balls. To play 6 you need to be able to set a play up and kick and control, and i think ive seen more from Fusitua in this regards. He reminds me of a simpler version of Shaun Johnson without the kicking ability, or the talking.

The skillset is there. Vision. Same with speed and footwork. Missing link is development. Tui should have spent 2014 onwards playing NSW Cup. Instead he's played in NYC in 2014 and thrown in the deep end in 2015. Ridiculous yet typical of the Warriors. Poor development will probably make sure this kid never realises his potential now. Carlos Tuimavave V2.0...

pantera nhl

the reality is that players like Abbey and to a lesser degree Lolohea need to develop and improve. That is usually in the lower grades but with lolohea, due to circumstances he has been forced up in to first grade. If they think they are better than that and think they can secure a better contract and more gametime elsewhere then so be it. Interestingly I haven't heard much about Abbey this season. Is he killing it with the Bulldogs? If you are asking me whetehr we should have held on to Abbey and developed him rather than sign Roger Tuivasa-Sheck then my answer is no. I sign Roger Tuivasa-Sheck everytime. If Abbey was smart he could have stayed and learnt from the Kiwi fullback and potentially got his chance with the injuries we got this year. IMO he wouldn't have been good enough if he had stayed and will need 3 or 4 years before getting anywhere near a consistant first grade spot. I think this has been the issue with the Warriors for a number of years now. Kids wanting the spoils before they are ready or earned them. Contracts for potential need to be a thing of the past.
oppurtunity missed

pantera nhl

The skillset is there. Vision. Same with speed and footwork. Missing link is development. Tui should have spent 2014 onwards playing NSW Cup. Instead he's played in NYC in 2014 and thrown in the deep end in 2015. Ridiculous yet typical of the Warriors. Poor development will probably make sure this kid never realises his potential now. Carlos Tuimavave V2.0...
Well hopefully that changes next year

gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
I cant disagree with this. He should have been allowed, encouraged and placed in one role and developed into a top player. But it didnt happen. And im looking at what the warriors have now, not at what i want to be there.

AusWarriorsFan no matter what you would like him to be, he is what he is now. Only focusing on what should have been or potential is for fools and gets us with coaches like cappi and bluey.

jonno

jonno

I think Lolohea's very public declaration that his dream is to play in the halves, when he clearly isn't up to it, but is great on the wing, is the reason he's having so much trouble ATM.

He's got a great running game. FG class indeed.

But his passing, organizing, kicking etc... are in a galaxy far, far away from FG quality.

So McFadden played him on the wing and he was good. That's all the footy talent he's got IMO. Sorry.

diehard

I cant disagree with this. He should have been allowed, encouraged and placed in one role and developed into a top player. But it didnt happen. And im looking at what the warriors have now, not at what i want to be there.

AusWarriorsFan no matter what you would like him to be, he is what he is now. Only focusing on what should have been or potential is for fools and gets us with coaches like cappi and bluey.
No, Lolo is what Cappy tried to make him. Please don't judge Lolo on what Cappy did to him. Kearney had enough faith in Lolo to at least try him out at 6. Give Kearney and Stacey a pre-season and the regular season with Lolo and see how he goes. For that matter, see how Shauny J goes with Kearney. All Cappy said about Shaun Johnson was, "he doing excellent."

pantera nhl

No, Lolo is what Cappy tried to make him. Please don't judge Lolo on what Cappy did to him. Kearney had enough faith in Lolo to at least try him out at 6. Give Kearney and Stacey a pre-season and the regular season with Lolo and see how he goes. For that matter, see how Shauny J goes with Kearney. All Cappy said about Shaun Johnson was, "he doing excellent."
Thats if he is still here

Dunedin warrior

We are never going to be able to develop our own talent successfully if we start writing players off at 21. Maloney had played four nrl games at 23. Cherry Evans debuted at 22.

We have done Tui no favours with his development moving him everywhere and Cappy anointing him his five eighth for the season before moving after one game can't have helped his confidence.

In fairness he did himself no favours towards the back end
of the season, but second season syndrome is common enough, and by no means terminal. Fusitua is a great example of that.

Give Tui a good preseason and see how he goes in the first few weeks. Hingano is a wonderful talent also but no need to rush him. I think Lino is underrated also and could fill a role if required.

Reactions: 5 users