Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I haven’t read every comment on this thread, so if this has been discussed before excuse me.
The national government wants to change Pseudoephredine from prescription, only, to over the counter. Availability.
Its a cold decongestant cure but is also the main ingredient in speed, bennies, uppers. P.
Ram raids on Chemists?
Bulk loads from chemist warehouse?
Good idea?
I don’t think so.
comments?

I googled and from what I read, this is another one of the idiot ideas driven by David Seymour's Guns and speed party.

As for Ram raids for speed, that one is harder to predict. Pharmacies already have stocks of Controlled substances like opiates, Benzos, and prescription pseudo and there are no Ram Raids (maybe a function of having these drugs locked in a safe, but where there is a will there is a way).

We did not have Ram raids when Pseudo was legal, so like I say, it is harder to predict.

Serious organized crime groups in NZ do not need to Ram raid chemists for Pseudo because they have a direct line to industrial quantities of Meth Pre cursors made in massive factories in China. The Hong Kong Triad and the Fujian triad in Southern China live here in New Zealand or fly back and forth.

I used to look after these Triads when they went potty from using product, their passports were a give away, stamped eighteen times in a bunch of years for entry to NZ and China, unemployed young male millionaires from poor families out of China, driving brand new Super Cars and just leaving them here in NZ parked on the side of the road when have to get the heck out of NZ in a hurry.

Thanks to those guys I know a lot about the Meth rings in NZ because when they go psychotic on Meth they tell me stuff that they are not supposed to because are paranoid as shit house rats expecting to be killed by their employers.

Before the Triads started operating out of Sky City Auckland (a hidden in plain sight, a perfect base for Chinese nationals to blend in by posing as regular gamblers - offering a twenty four hour base for operations run seven days a week) the NZ meth scene was indeed supplied by over the counter Pseudo.

Like an episode of breaking bad, 'Smurfs' would shop for the Gangs and buy up as much product as they were allowed across a wide network of chemists.

The problem with that old model is that it is labor intensive, expensive, attracts attention, and the product...the cold and flu remedies need to be cooked/more cost, more hassle.

Still, there is a market for homebake Meth using pseudo pills, the smaller operators, the backyard cooks can and will run less pure product onto the streets over and above the several tonnes of pure industrial Precursors that the Triads control, some of it coming from unstable countries partnered with China (Myanmar for example) and imported directly to Australia in mega tonne loads to be converted for the US market.

With Australia a key link in the world supply, we are invariably right up there and part of the largest Meth chain in the world.

A massive amount of Meth being trafficked by Mexican Cartels comes through Australia and to a lesser extent NZ. The Cartels use Australia to cook the precursors, which then get shipped as product to the US.
Because the DEA target Mexican and South American imports, Australia became the back door to the US market. And because Australia while having decent law enforcement, is historically and currently subject to a culture of police corruption, also to be fair to the Australian police they are not the DEA, they are not that big army if you like of Cartel hunters like the DEA....who are backed by a US budget and a US president in the 'war on drugs'.

Excuse the rant.

As for Act saying that this move is to help the Elderly access pills that work....yes pseudo is the most effective symptom reliever of flu like symptoms by targeting the lack of energy, drying up the sinuses and all round decongetstion.

What I want to know, is where did David Seymour get his medical degree?

Since Pseudo ephedrine speeds up the heart rate and increases blood pressure, causes insomnia, can cause hallucinations and seizures....I am left wondering whether this is the Act parties way of culling off the very group that is highly represented in the heart disease/blood pressure/ mental frailty grouping.

All elderly should only use Pseudo ephedrine with the supervision of a doctor, the thing is that drug interacts with the raft of other pills the Elderly are on and of all groups they need medical monitoring.

But David Seymour is the most dangerous NZder I have ever encountered, and as someone else said, this big pharma, big tobacco, US gun blood money this guy is trading us in for, and it is obscene. I hope gets hit by a bus. I don't know how anyone could defend this bastard, he is the worst thing that has ever happened to NZ.

Your other problem is addiction and abuse.

Of course young people are going to just buy this shit and take handfuls and go out partying, dance and drink, drop dead from overdose or over exertion / dehydration / mixing substances.

Sounds a bit worse than Vaping but wait for the excuse making by defenders of the new far right lunacy in here on this issue.

Last edited:
They are very effective.

Problem is kids will gobble them up for a legal speed hit and the addiction issues and mental health issues will be significant.
Would making them a pharmacy behind the counter medicine help? I know people say that this might make chemists the targets of ram raiders but wouldn't ram raiders go after drugs like opioids over Pseudo ephedrine if they were hitting a chemists?

Would making them a pharmacy behind the counter medicine help? I know people say that this might make chemists the targets of ram raiders but wouldn't ram raiders go after drugs like opioids over Pseudo ephedrine if they were hitting a chemists?
Yes this would help, at least the Pharmacists knows about drug interactions with whatever you are already taking.

Yeah I have doubts that Ram raids, we are about to find out thanks to the Industrial poisons party.

Just make them prescription-only. If you are that desperate for the meds, you can go through the usual hassle of calling your doctor and getting them prescribed

Some of these minor changes are similar to what we got when Labour took over from National. There would be similar changes in the past with both parties and will happen again in future changes of government. Little things that people may have complained about at the time but eventually got used to or other little minor things. A good indication of why we struggle to get things done. Both parties start off with little petty things the previous lot did before moving on to the larger issues.

The pseudoephedrine changes from what I recall were made years ago as we were having a lot of issues with P. Any changes in purchasing products with pseudoephedrine I'd say most people are used to now.

To be honest, if I get a headache I tend to drink more water first. Then move to pills. My wife takes them a lot more than I do. Plus we have our nephew now living with us who also seems to get headaches a lot. So my issue is more when I need them we've run out and I tend to stock up on anything we need. So I'll stock up when at the supermarket etc. The last time the store didn't have it labelled too well on the limits. So I get to the checkout and got one removed and told I can get around it by making another purchase. Another purchase then defeats the purpose of having limits similar to at work with IT security if we don't enforce the rules to protect the business what's the point of having them. Being able to purchase from the supermarket you can easily go to the car unload and come back or to the chemist in the mall.

The workout pills with ephedrine back in the day were great. Think it was indicated by mua huang extract. They used to be great for losing weight. Like pseudoephedrine, it's a pity people use things the wrong way either not in moderation or for other means.

Some of these minor changes are similar to what we got when Labour took over from National. There would be similar changes in the past with both parties and will happen again in future changes of government. Little things that people may have complained about at the time but eventually got used to or other little minor things. A good indication of why we struggle to get things done. Both parties start off with little petty things the previous lot did before moving on to the larger issues.

The pseudoephedrine changes from what I recall were made years ago as we were having a lot of issues with P. Any changes in purchasing products with pseudoephedrine I'd say most people are used to now.

To be honest, if I get a headache I tend to drink more water first. Then move to pills. My wife takes them a lot more than I do. Plus we have our nephew now living with us who also seems to get headaches a lot. So my issue is more when I need them we've run out and I tend to stock up on anything we need. So I'll stock up when at the supermarket etc. The last time the store didn't have it labelled too well on the limits. So I get to the checkout and got one removed and told I can get around it by making another purchase. Another purchase then defeats the purpose of having limits similar to at work with IT security if we don't enforce the rules to protect the business what's the point of having them. Being able to purchase from the supermarket you can easily go to the car unload and come back or to the chemist in the mall.

The workout pills with ephedrine back in the day were great. Think it was indicated by mua huang extract. They used to be great for losing weight. Like pseudoephedrine, it's a pity people use things the wrong way either not in moderation or for other means.

A lot of housewives got hooked on diet pills. Which leads to needing benzos for the problems the diet pills cause, which leads to serious dependence issues.

I saw someone in the Cells that wanted to kill her child, as a result of getting unwell from a diet pill prescription, I realise that is a horror story and not the norm, but everything has risks.

The Problem with ephedra or pseudo active ingredient work out suppliments is that they speed up the heart and raise blood pressure, so heavy lifting or intensive exertion can cause you to drop dead mid work out.

Longer term the problems are an enlarged heart which also leads to death from stimulants. And then as people know well the sleep issues, mood altering effects.

As for the paracetomol rules, yes they are stupid and we have landed with them because of one ill informed student, you should never manage risk for a population based off one Coroners opinion in one isolated case, as you say the restriction is meaningless anyway with the loop hole.

Aucklanders need to wake up according to mayor wayne brown. Sounds like they will be waking up to a 7% rate rise next year followed by another of 4.5% in 2025 and another of 8% in 2026 if his plan is accepted.

Aucklanders need to wake up according to mayor wayne brown. Sounds like they will be waking up to a 7% rate rise next year followed by another of 4.5% in 2025 and another of 8% in 2026 if his plan is accepted.
Is that with privatization of the Port or not.

Wants to shift the port from Auckland and lease the land for 35 years.
Obviously to Northland I presume.
I actually don't think there's enough room to handle the amount of shipping now let alone the future.
Ships are getting bigger every year.
Would take a shit load of dredging to begin with.
The other downside is workers need housing.
They'll be required to sell homes in Auckland and need to buy again in Whangarei area.

Brynderwins a possibility of work so would imagine so. Would need to be tidied up through there to handle the amount of freight going south.
I have a feeling that there's a huge amount of negative things that have not been considered.
Also I am of the opinion that getting the Auckland waterfront back to the original would be great.
The financial returns don't add up.
Just my opinion

Aucklanders need to wake up to Wayne Brown. Privatisation is high on the agenda, with Maurice Williamson in the background. More neoliberlist ideology.

Wayne Brown is also a complete prick.
Aucklanders voted for him and not much has changed.
Our choices of leaders is shocking.
At least the Mayor of Wellington has admitted to being a piss head .
Councils all over NZ are having problems 😑

Aucklanders voted for him and not much has changed.
Our choices of leaders is shocking.
At least the Mayor of Wellington has admitted to being a piss head .
Councils all over NZ are having problems 😑
i’ve seen her out and about a handful of times. trust me the news are being kind. she’s a nasty fucking asshole and she’s full of herself. falling all over the place telling everyone she shouldn’t have to pay and don’t you know who i am? she a fucking disgrace that’s who.

it’s one thing to have a problem. it’s another to just be a cunt.

He's part of the cabal promoting zombie economics that return from the dead
1701415147155.png

Obviously to Northland I presume.
I actually don't think there's enough room to handle the amount of shipping now let alone the future.
Ships are getting bigger every year.
Would take a shit load of dredging to begin with.
The other downside is workers need housing.
They'll be required to sell homes in Auckland and need to buy again in Whangarei area.
Back in 2017, Wayne Brown wrote the Transport section of the NZ First election manifesto which included upgrading the rail network from Whangārei to Auckland and moving the port operations from Auckland to Northport.

Back in 2017, Wayne Brown wrote the Transport section of the NZ First election manifesto which included upgrading the rail network from Whangārei to Auckland and moving the port operations from Auckland to Northport.
Just my opinion but why didn't he consider the suitability of the area to handle the volume of shipping and more importantly the fact that the size (numbers of boxes they hold) before worrying about rail and road access.

Back