General Finals Footy

Selector

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 2, 2015
scrappy game, poor ball control from both teams. It's funny how the rules change/refs turn a blind eye in the last 10mins of a game. Two head high tackles and they don't call them. Yet earlier in the game they call them.

If the Panthers play like they did tonight, the Storm will beat them comfortably. They won't get away with making so many errors against Storm.

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
17 wins in a row congrats uncle Cleary

Storm will end it next week

money in the bank, and Cameron Smith will retire a true champion
He'll retire GOAT player, premiership winner, coach, ref and messiah. It's like the Nazis winning ww2 but good luck to him, Jacinda's the best at politics and Cam's the best at this game, no denying it.

Reactions: Defence

Trugoy

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 3, 2016
Just watched Leuai and Cleary post game interviews.
Both of them are well spoken and carry themselves with respectful confidence and personality.
Very refreshing to see.
Whatever the result next week the club looks to be in good hands for the future. 👏

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Hahaha just think, we’d also have halfback named Cleary right now too.
I see that brought up from time to time, there’s no guarantee that either A.Nathan stayed with us (had his dad stayed) or B. Becomes the player he has developing with us... also as seen with the Tigers fiasco , Ivan would have likely followed his son to another club anyways

Uster101

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2020
I use to be a Panthers fan so I would of been supporting them in the Final, but I cannot stand that little dick Nathan Cleary so I will be supporting the Storm in this one, even though I hate the Storm :D - for dislikes Nathan Cleary trumps a whole team every time :)

Sky Waka

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2017
Since late August I've thought Penrith are going to fall 1 game short of the GF. And I thought to make the GF they would've had to drop a game before the finals. So we'll see what happens tonight.
I couldn't have been more wrong. I did pick Melbourne but neither of the teams I wanted in the GF won.

Trugoy

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 3, 2016
I see that brought up from time to time, there’s no guarantee that either A.Nathan stayed with us (had his dad stayed) or B. Becomes the player he has developing with us... also as seen with the Tigers fiasco , Ivan would have likely followed his son to another club anyways
True but I do reckon if Ivan had stayed on here for an extended period after 2011, then Nathan definitely would’ve come up through our system, and as close as they are and if Ivan was here it’s odds on Nathan would’ve debuted with us.

Would he be as good coming through our system, probably not, but would’ve been a top talent regardless.

Last edited:

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
True but I do reckon if Ivan had stayed on here for an extended period after 2011, then Nathan definitely would’ve come up through our system, and as close as they are and if Ivan was here it’s odds on Nathan would’ve debuted with us.

Would he be as good coming through our system, probably not, but would’ve been a top talent regardless.
Spot on. Was the worst mistake not offering Cleary more money. He was our most consistent coach at getting us into the 8 and progressing in the finals.

Nathan would have been as good or better than CHT, CHT has most of his skills but what he lacks is Nathans speed. The Warriors do not have a starting half with magic in their feet when taking on the line. I think CHT has to stay at 7, but Kodi needs to be shopped. We have Hayze who has shown how good he is at 5/8th but hasnt had a single game given to him at his native position. Then we have Paul Turner, who quite simply is Electric and will make an amazing running half. Without having speed and the ability to freeze the opposition by running with the ball in 2 hands, a team is lacking the key ingredient to consistently setting up tries. Andrew Johns had it, Shaun Johnson has it, Thurston had it. We need somebody who can put confusion into the line like Cleary does and I think our only option is to develop Paul Turner. He is amazing, even in his 1st grade debut he was the only electrifying player in our team. I think Kodi has had long enough to prove that he can improve and he just isnt better than the $250k player we paid $600k for.

Anyway, BOT, the Panthers looked VERY average vs Souths, I dont want either the Storm or Penrith to win, but Im afraid the Storm looking far more electric and intense. They also have a better roster imo.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings