Social Finding Heidi podcast

I believe they can be swapped too
Why?

Why would Tamihere be in the same make and model car at the same time they were murdered and admit to stealing it? But it really been swapped?

I haven’t followed the case so I’m trying to play catch up.

It seems if it’s the same car it’s 100% him or at least he’s somehow involved. If it’s not the same car then the case falls apart as the rest of the evidence is circumstantial.

Last edited:
Is he saying a cop walked 5 hours into the bush to plant a jacket? Have I got that correct?

From the sounds of it it could be mistaken identity between Tamihere and the David Turner guy. Maybe???

There were two white subarus at the place where the tourists were being held, the dude was changing the number plates
All admitted to by Tamihere:

Tamihere was interviewed in prison. He admitted to stealing the Subaru and to pawning off the backpacks and gear. He said he had stolen the car from Tararu Creek Road (where police already knew as their last location) and pawned off the gear in Auckland.

A jacket was recognised from pictures as belonging to Urban Hoglin. Tamihere’s partner reported that Tamihere had brought the jacket home and given it to one of his sons.

If he admitted pawning off their backpacks… why would they have been hiking in the bush without them…

Last edited:
Just reading some of that stuff it seems they are all a bunch of criminals and hard to believe what they say.

It is interesting how the key witness in the podcast turns out to be Dean Olds who is a self confessed thief and Pot guy.

Wolf takes on a lot of risk going and interviewing people around the case.

Surely he must realize there is a chance his investigation will eventually put him in a room with a killer.

Last edited:
All admitted to by Tamihere:

Tamihere was interviewed in prison. He admitted to stealing the Subaru and to pawning off the backpacks and gear. He said he had stolen the car from Tararu Creek Road (where police already knew as their last location) and pawned off the gear in Auckland.

A jacket was recognised from pictures as belonging to Urban Hoglin. Tamihere’s partner reported that Tamihere had brought the jacket home and given it to one of his sons.

If he admitted pawning off their backpacks… why would they have been hiking in the bush without them…
You need to listen to the podcast in full - it's a lot murkier than just Tamihere acting on his own.
I believe he's complicit but alot more too it.

It is interesting how the key witness in the podcast turns out to be Dean Olds who is a self confessed thief and Pot guy.

Wolf takes on a lot of risk going and interviewing people around the case.

Surely he must realize there is a chance his investigation will eventually put him in a room with a killer.

Serial killers of a certain profile like to inject themselves into the investigation.

For example, try to imagine that the reason Dean Olds has come forward now, is that he was involved himself.

With that in mind, if you re listen to the tone of his interview and how he keeps directing the script to finger people who are now dead and gone, or too old to do anything about him, Dean himself cuts a troubling figure.

Listen carefully to Deans lack of appropriate emotion in that interview, not once does he sound remorseful, there is no survivor guilt, there is no soul searching. His voice at no point portrays the elements of a man who saw what he is talking about, Heidi being held by the elbow looking petrified (his own words) rather than distressing the speaker juxtaposes into a half chuckle 'Youse got the wrong guy" he says of the police.

In the preamble to the interview Wolf himself gives a warning that the content is disturbing, none of that is reflected in the tone of Dean Olds account.

Wolf says Dean Olds was very nervous.

He says he was not aware of the Murders living in Whangamata.

Well he must never have gone to the shops, the petrol station, or spoken with any locals, and certainly never went and had a beer with anyone there.

For two years he says he knew nothing of the Murders.

He is lying. Everyone knew, it was the biggest case on the Coromandel and even up the valleys and in the back of beyond, people knew there had been the worst crime in the peninsular history.

The first thing that pot growers and smokers notice is cops and helicopters.

Put it this way, the F.B.I. profiling unit would have investigated Olds and his mate, too convenient that they found the body, too convenient that he knew they were being held hostage according to his account (he is lying about not knowing after the fact that they were murdered).

Not saying Old's did it, what I am saying is, that there is something very wrong with his account and the F.B.I would have made him central to their investigation as a critical witness.
Old took some risk himself…

1696634957516.png

Old took some risk himself…

Back