Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fucking Fisher-Harris baby! (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
Capewell would fit well on the bench replacing Curran's role this year. He'd cover centre for injuries to an outside back and the centre could move out one.

A bit different to Curran would provide enthusiasm. Capewell a bit more versatile.

From his point of view playing on the bench at the Broncos or Warriors he'd likely stay where he is. Unless he gets a few more years here.

I don’t know how true it is but I heard the marshal twins would do that. The twin that was the better batter would get out and then head out to bat again as his brother.
Spent a New Years in Tauranga drinking with those guys. They were good dudes.

Took me a while to figure who you were on about. Benji doesn't have a twin. Got me with the change of sport.

Probably be easier in cricket depending on how the wickets fell. Hey I'm in better form and they got me with a jaffa, let me go back in again at the next wicket I already have my pads on.

isn’t all this talk, innuendo, press conferences, player-coach-manager meetings and press releases contract tampering?

Isn’t AFB contracted through for another few more years?

Same shit happened with Walsh. It seems like rules don’t apply when it’s a warriors player asking for a release.

Idk I think I might be thinking about other sports but sure league has rules around not being able to talk to players before a certain date.
Yeah exactly.

We could take the Flanagan route and just say nope see your contract out.

Although im a believer of keeping guys who want to be there. Since hes under major contract lenght we are in box seat and should settle for nothing less than a trade of similar stats plus something (be it cash or some players) similar to volk/lussick deal where we essentially got a 2 for one.

Yeah exactly.

We could take the Flanagan route and just say nope see your contract out.

Although im a believer of keeping guys who want to be there. Since hes under major contract lenght we are in box seat and should settle for nothing less than a trade of similar stats plus something (be it cash or some players) similar to volk/lussick deal where we essentially got a 2 for one.
You also need to remember the other team needs to agree to deal. It’s not like the tigers are going to jump at a deal where we get Ipap and Korosau. They are only going to agree to a deal that strengthens their squad.

I’m starting to come round to capewell purely because of Webby.
He’s coached him and curran and knows which one is the better fit for the club.
Gotta trust his judgment on that one.
Still feel we’re short a prop- hopefully niukore is the new Moses leota.

Last edited:
One more nrl seasoned prop in case Addin goes down I reckon. Even a lumbering oaf like Klem would be handy insurance if that happened.
I reckon he’ll back his squad largely as he did this year, there’s a few playing for contracts too. When considering props and locks are both middles, we have AFB, Bunty, Ale, Zyon Maiu’u as our props, we then have Tohu, Barnett, Jazz as locks which can fill prop too when Walker comes off the bench at lock. If Capewell comes over we then have Niukore who can fill prop too if desired. I’d like us to get another prop too, but I just feel like he might back the squad he’s got.

I reckon he’ll back his squad largely as he did this year, there’s a few playing for contracts too. When considering props and locks are both middles, we have AFB, Bunty, Ale, Zyon Maiu’u as our props, we then have Tohu, Barnett, Jazz as locks which can fill prop too when Walker comes off the bench at lock. If Capewell comes over we then have Niukore who can fill prop too if desired. I’d like us to get another prop too, but I just feel like he might back the squad he’s got.
How good is it having a coach we can have 100% faith in, sometimes I still can't believe it's real.
I love you Webby, there I said it.