NRL Grand Final Discussion - Penrith vs Broncos

Penrith seemed to read every Walsh pass. Does he give something away in the lead up I wonder? Or did they just offer the higher risk cut out pass as his only option

Feel sorry for the Broncos. Clearly the NRL has rigged this.

Only made them leave their home state half a dozen times so they would come into the grand final unprepared for the harrowing effects of daylight saving weekend.

It's why they can only play 75 minutes in GF's

That damn one hour switch.

Regardless of losing players I just don't think the Broncos have a sustainable style like Penrith (and us). How long has Reynolds got? They are so screwed when he goes
They have Mam and Walsh probably can play halves. The problem is the firearms, they lose Flegler and Haas can be hot and cold. They lose Carrigan to an injury and it can be over.

Whatever tickles your nuts my man
Nah that would be two blondes and a V8
Bet Ivan regrets leaving the warriors right about now
Bet Ivan cannot wait to throw it all in because he is sick of winning and does not want to be the next Super coach of the NRL, rather he wants to go the Auckland and up root his family because according to dreamers around here he is the kinda guy that gets sick of winning.

Penrith seemed to read every Walsh pass. Does he give something away in the lead up I wonder? Or did they just offer the higher risk cut out pass as his only option
They shut him down similar to how we shut Ponga down.

I was thinking last year it looked like he may have been worked out as he wasn't getting a lot of his go to plays away. This year he got to do it again as the Broncos got him front foot ball and into positions he could do it.

The big games the opposition are up for it and look to do all of the big effort plays. He could end up like Harry Grant where some big games he can't do what he normally does and it looks ugly.

Mind you he will have a long career ahead of him so he's also likely to have a big game where he just tears it open.

Yeah, There's talk of Sam Walker going to the Bronx when Reynolds calls it a day. Two young guns. Can't replace that experience that Reynolds brings tho. See how Mam progresses the next few years.
Put anyone with a kicking game behind that pack and they'll be sweet

Turning point for me was Luai exiting the game

Cogger straightened them up alot when he came on

Penrith were very side to side before that.

Penrith were way too clunky with ball in hand for 60mins for this to be considered the greatest game of all time.

Greatest comeback in a GF though makes it a classic

Broncos must be kicking themselves

24-8 up with 20mins to go

They should have shut up shop, slow the game and grind away for the win. Instead they got too cocky, persisted with the high speed game and slowly fell apart.

Cleary was absolute clutch through. Pulled a 40/20 out of nowhere, killed Reynolds drop out by catching the ball with one foot stretched over the sideline, scored the winning try and set up Leota for the comeback. A really masterful performance.

Walshy went from hero to zero real quick. Poor bugger. Got absolutely smashed a few times, but also blitzed that Penrith backline with some speedy runs.

Dam. What a good game.

Broncos must be kicking themselves

24-8 up with 20mins to go

They should have shut up shop, slow the game and grind away for the win. Instead they got too cocky, persisted with the high speed game and slowly fell apart.

Cleary was absolute clutch through. Pulled a 40/20 out of nowhere, killed Reynolds drop out by catching the ball with one foot stretched over the sideline, scored the winning try and set up Leota for the comeback. A really masterful performance.

Walshy went from hero to zero real quick. Poor bugger. Got absolutely smashed a few times, but also blitzed that Penrith backline with some speedy runs.

Dam. What a good game.

Be some sleepless nights for a long time wondering how that got away from them.

I reckon our game gave the riff a bit of tape on Walsh to study...

Back