General Feminism

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
Neither do many ‘feminists’ unfortunately

It has to be about the most misconstrued concept in the modern 'media outraged' Western world. Real feminists will be up in arms too.

It is a bit like all the ideals of environmentalism that can get ruined by a bunch of hippy numpties who think niggly activism is the way to go, when in fact it turns off more people than it converts, or PETA for animal rights.

Effective activism is about not scaring away the impressionable middle.

You see the same characters fighting the fight no matter what the debate in NZ. They just like conflict and fighting the "oppressive system." Invariably the people that get angry are not after equality, they want to be put on a pedestal. This is a real battle for me in pastoral care within the secondary school system at the moment.

Last edited:

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Studied it as part of a degree.

Most interesting mental exercise of the whole lot.

As an academic exercise it's supported by facts and research, women have a lot to complain about, justifiably.

The patriarchy and the boys club are a thing in the real world.

It's good brain gymnastics to take on any subject where you don't have a buy in and make a strong argument for that topic.

Some hardcore feminists think that sandal wearing male sympathizers are the worst kind of sexists, taking a spot in the sisters arena that should always be driven by women.

As I say it is an interesting subject if you try to put the shoe on the other foot.

Reactions: Rizzah

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Studied it as part of a degree.
That would do you head in, assuming the classes were at least half full with females. :rolleyes: Did you ever try discussing nature versus nurture? That really gets the power harpies going.:eek:

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Society progresses through education.

I guarantee without all the extremists that society would still be following a predictable course towards a more equal, balanced society with ever increasing respect for the environment, animals, rainbow rights, etc, etc

The extremists think they are making a difference but it’s overall education that brings about real change

Juju

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2012
bet you theres a few on here that get all wound up every time Gloria Ghahraman says something publicly...

• Haha
Reactions: bruce

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
I loved Viz, it wasn't just Millicent Buckridge Tant that could light a fire under the permanently offended. Roger Mellie also did his fair share along with basically everyone in it.
I lived in Newcastle when that was at its peak, the Viz office was a couple of minutes walk from mine in Jesmond. The city centre on a Saturday is full of Viz characters including Sid the Sexist and his mates

• Haha
Reactions: bruce and surfin

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
That would do you head in, assuming the classes were at least half full with females. :rolleyes: Did you ever try discussing nature versus nurture? That really gets the power harpies going.:eek:
Yeah it was a psych paper so that year the majority in the class were women. I adopted a policy of keeping my mouth shut and my head down. A couple of blokes tried standing up above the foxholes, you can imagine the result. One guy quit.

Yeah I understand where you are coming from with nature versus Nurture, fortunately the world has evolved with brain imaging technology and dna whereby there is a lot of evidence for both nature and nurture contributing in tandem.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Yeah I understand where you are coming from with nature versus Nurture, fortunately the world has evolved with brain imaging technology and dna whereby there is a lot of evidence for both nature and nurture contributing in tandem.
Heuzeuss spare me, they really got to you then didn't they? ;) You got brainwashed young fella.:eek:

• Haha
Reactions: Sup42

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Society progresses through education.
Tell that to a power harpie feminist. Point of explanation though, not all women are power harpies, however get a few of them in a group and the effect of oestrogen can be a health risk. Just ask anybody who has taught at an all girls school.

Christofolos

1st Grade Fringe
Dec 15, 2018
Wow, this thread showed up in new posts so I thought I would check it out, whoever started this thread should not only be banned from starting threads, should also be banned from social interaction completely lol, what a load of foul smelling rubbish

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings