a.c.e_old

heard something about this last week and its a concern for me whether true or not. If the guy doesnt want to be here or is unsure then the Warriors should look into it, not to reassure the guy and the contract hes signed, but to find out any skeletons Mateo might have about coming over. Dont want someone that doesnt want to play for my team.

I rather the Warriors to pull the pin on this guy here and now then finding him not performing at all next few seasons because he wants to be elsewhere.

Fazz_old

Just a shame we released the best support runner in the game to the Tigers. Any noticed that the Tigers are playing a style of game that has seen McKinnon return to his best form. Cleary needs a big curly red wig and red nose with some face paint.

I did notice that. But to be honest, our team doesn't seem to suit him anymore for some reason. I don't think you can blame Cleary for not picking him...he gave Wade the chance to win back his position and he didn't really do enough to do so. Could he have told the forward "watch for wade for the offload" sure, maybe he did. But for whatever reason it didn't come off.

Also, Wade's not breaking tackles much at the moment, he is however running some great lines. Good to see him doing well for the tigers.

Spence_old

Well we only just scraped into 8th, it's not like we were flawless. I, for one, am not happy with 8th spot, so I would want something changed. Evidently we changed the wrong things, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Jesbass_old

heard something about this last week and its a concern for me whether true or not. If the guy doesnt want to be here or is unsure then the Warriors should look into it, not to reassure the guy and the contract hes signed, but to find out any skeletons Mateo might have about coming over. Dont want someone that doesnt want to play for my team.

I rather the Warriors to pull the pin on this guy here and now then finding him not performing at all next few seasons because he wants to be elsewhere.

Not sure if you read the full article, a.c.e, but the Warriors did exactly that. They contacted his agent to see if there was any basis in the story and were reassured that it's just a media beat up...much like the Anderson-Hayne rift myth.

a.c.e_old

Thanks Jesbass, I had a read of the article in full sometime after and am fairly happyish. In truth I feel the Warriors are paying overs for the guy and that the club could look in another direction. Then again, every (as far as I know) Eels player that has come over to the Warriors recently have gone on to rep footy, so theres that to look forward to.

Spence_old

Want direction do you want to go in? Personally, I've wanted a ball playing backrower more than anything for the past few seasons.

ToiletDuck_old

Uhh yeah Wade didn't just magically start playing well after his move to the Tigers...nor do I think he's even that great there. He's steady and yes runs good lines, but his pace is gone, as is his ability man vs man...he used to have huge tackle break stats game after game. Personally I'm still glad we let him go, for his sake and ours. I'm not even sure why Cleary cops any criticism, half the time he gets criticised for being too loyal..

Northern_Union

loyal to the wrong players and cuts those that could make a difference.

Iafeta_old

loyal to the wrong players and cuts those that could make a difference.

I disagree. Many a coach would have slayed Manu Vatuvei after that game a few years ago. Ivan didn't. By in large, he's got it right. People have criticised him for failing to make tough calls, yet this is the same bloke that had the audacity to ax Ruben Wiki to reserve grade.

Northern_Union

I disagree. Many a coach would have slayed Manu Vatuvei after that game a few years ago. Ivan didn't. By in large, he's got it right. People have criticised him for failing to make tough calls, yet this is the same bloke that had the audacity to ax Ruben Wiki to reserve grade.

Yet persists with the likes of Ropati and Heremia, Cleary needs to grow a pair.

Spence_old

Alright NU, I have a game for us to play, if you're keen. Let's give Ropati a clean slate (Because, let's face it, he'll most likely play the rest of the season because he is our best centre/Ivan Cleary has no balls, take your pick). After each game we will discuss every defensive flaw, or otherwise, so we can decide definitively with facts, rather than opinions whether he is crap or not. So this means that we cannot bring up his past in the argument, whether in a positive light or negative light. Deal?

Obviously we can argue all we like about him outside of this particular argument.

Northern_Union

Alright NU, I have a game for us to play, if you're keen. Let's give Ropati a clean slate (Because, let's face it, he'll most likely play the rest of the season because he is our best centre/Ivan Cleary has no balls, take your pick). After each game we will discuss every defensive flaw, or otherwise, so we can decide definitively with facts, rather than opinions whether he is crap or not. So this means that we cannot bring up his past in the argument, whether in a positive light or negative light. Deal?

Obviously we can argue all we like about him outside of this particular argument.

Your on! Errm does this mean i'm arguing for Ropo and your arguing against?:D

ToiletDuck_old

I seriously don't know how you can still be calling for Ropo's head at this stage of the season...he's been one of our more consistent performers, especially on attack. Look at what you're left with too...Moon as our premier centre? See you there.

sebastian_old

I believe this story was nothing but fluff, I'm sure Mateo wil be great for us, become the ball playing backrower we've all wanted.