Support/Announcement Feedback for website in 2016

tajhay

Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Hi all,
Thanks to all that have made the forum and site the goto place for Warriors news, information and resources.

We are underway planning for new features for 2016. If you have any feedback, or advice on what you want us to incorporate into the site, please use this thread. All constructive criticism welcome.

Planned updates for season 2016
  • New updated styles (home and away) - New streamlined look based on the home and away jerseys.
  • More editorial content, such as ones currently being provided by Play The Ball. If you would like to write articles, or know someone who would like to, please let us know.
  • More organised threads. We will close all 2015 related threads in the coming months as we prepare for 2016, and will recreate them for 2016 onwards.
  • We now collate all statistics for all players in the NRL (2015 onwards). We also have Warriors players stats 2013 onwards. A player comparison feature is planned. If there are stats nuts out there, let us know and we can assist in giving you access to our stats database to assist with your analysis.
  • NRL Power Rankings feature that will be updated once per week and provide an insight into not only how the warriors are going in regards to the competition, but all the other NRL clubs.
  • More competitions and prizes (only available to registered members with 10 or more posts).
  • Vault of Warriors related match footages / magazines.
A few people have asked how they can contribute or assist the site. We are always looking for people to help assist in the day to day running of the site. Whether it be moderating, tidying up, running competitions, writing content, or the technical side (graphics/testing new features). There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes. Any help is appreciated.

A few people have also asked how they can contribute financially to the site. In 2016 there is likely to be a contributor membership which people can upgrade their account to for the price for a cup of coffee a month to assist in the running of the site. This money is used for the hosting, software licences, purchase of prizes, new addons/features, custom development etc. Please note that as the site grows, so does the cost of the site. For example hosting costs us tenfold of what it did in 2013. There will be a few perks to the membership such as turning off all ads on the site, having a special contributor icon displayed against your username etc. More to be announced on that later. Please note that, the upgrade to a contributor membership will not be compulsory and people will still have access to all the content as they previously did. All/any new features will first be rolled out to contributor memberships to iron out any issues before rolling out to all the other users.

If theres something you would like to see, or theres something we can do better, please feel free to let us know.

#robbiemears

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 1, 2015
I only discovered this forum a month or so back and, as a 20 year Warriors supporter (clearly a sucker for punishment), have been glued to it ever since. Far more revealing, insightful, and interesting than the paid (generic) media coverage that we're saturated with. Big props to the Mods for doing a superb job of keeping the discussion friendly but lively and the topics on track. I'd be more than happy to pay for a subscription once that option is rolled out. In the interim, one suggestion I had was a digital media hub where any Warriors related newspaper or audio/video links can be housed and added to by anyone who comes across something relevant. I know they're often dropped into the various threads, but they're easily lost amongst all the chatter. Thanks.

Last edited:

Jay M

Warriors 1st Grader
Sounds great tajhay tajhay - put me down for a membership as well (even though I don't drink coffee each month). Also be interested to see the stats databases.

Great work as usual by all the mods, content contributors. Now here's hoping the warriors improvements on the field in 2016 match the sites improvement over the years :).

scottyb

Warriors tragic
Contributor
May 11, 2012
More than happy to pay membership fee's to help keep this great site running. I get hours of pleasure here everyday so to contribute to it would be a pleasure.

Evil_Mush

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Can only say keep up the good work.

Much prefer the discussion on these sorts of forums (this one in particular) than joepublicsocialmedia places like Facebook & Twitter which are 90% moronic txt speak that makes my soul cry.

Makasene

1st Grade Fringe
May 10, 2012
I'm happy to pay a subscription.

The moderation of this site allows for constructive and flowing discussion on all things Warriors and Rugby League. Keep it up fellas.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I don't mind contributing but I'd prefer a one off contribution.

And Sup42 Sup42 please switch to Moccona. It helps with my wife's contributions to pay our mortgage.;)
Still laughing......funny......

Sign me up for contribution to both causes....

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
I'd rather pay a subscription than be propositioned by Asian/Russian "babes". Easy with a one-off or monthly system, whichever works best for the site.

Moccona haft mear mmmmmm..

That's my German sussed. That and knowing that Hitler's rant in Downfall is all about how he couldn't get tickets to see Lorde in Berlin that time.

• Haha
Reactions: koolkat

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Yeah I'm happy to chuck a few notes in, especially if it gets rid of them pesty adds.
That's my only complaint around here- well I think it's a bit over moderated too but understand that the majority of people are probably a bit easier offended than I.
Aside from those minor complaints what can you say- it's pretty awesome around here for a warriors fan- there's some brilliant features and some very well informed opinions along with the odd inside word here and there.
It's the bees knees.

Reactions: OMG and surfin

surfin

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Coromandel
I'd rather pay a subscription than be propositioned by Asian/Russian "babes". Easy with a one-off or monthly system, whichever works best for the site.

Moccona haft mear mmmmmm..

That's my German sussed. That and knowing that Hitler's rant in Downfall is all about how he couldn't get tickets to see Lorde in Berlin that time.
Your comment on Hitler may be true but Moccona is Dutch.

22 BEAST

Warriors Bench Player
Apr 25, 2012
Count me in for a few coins a month.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Happy to throw some dollars at this place for sure. Like that you're not restricting access to signed up members like the Broncos forum. I would be dead against such a move. Freedom of speech and all that blah blah blah. Good to see members pay just as a sign of appreciation.

Would like to see the ads as an option box in people's settings. They're invisible to me anyway and I'm happy for the page to keep gathering revenue from them off me.

Don't forget you can also send feedback about possible features you want to see here. I've asked to have the player profiles expanded to also feature former CEO's, assistant coaches, trainers, etc. People like John Ackland, Graham Lowe and Ian Robson deserve to be acknowledged for their role in shaping the club. Most people won't have heard of Brian Elliston or Rocky Cavanagh and the rule they had in getting the team included in the Australian comp. What about Peter McLeod? I consider him the godfather of the club.

Also as Taj has already mentioned we'll bring you issues of old club newsletters and magazines. Missing some issues so if you have any let me know. Got a stack to scan over the holidays...

Reactions: ramraider78 and OMG

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Like that you're not restricting access to signed up members like the Broncos forum. I would be dead against such a move.
Didn't this site used to be like that? I was lurking for a while and I remember I couldn't view anymore unless I signed up. So it was sign up and view or sign up and add my 10c. I'm happy to contribute more than 10c by the way.;)

I'm not sure what other features could be possible. I'm only a member of one other forum and that one my only option is pretty much only type and post. The others I browse through look to have some of the features of this site or are pretty limited.

CompletionRate

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 13, 2015
I would throw around a couple of dollars here and there if it meant getting an easier way to read the Mad Butchers newsletter :D
Also, mobile optimization?

tajhay

Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Didn't this site used to be like that? I was lurking for a while and I remember I couldn't view anymore unless I signed up. So it was sign up and view or sign up and add my 10c. I'm happy to contribute more than 10c by the way.;)
Nah never was mate. We did restrict unregistered members to only have 10 or 5 page views a day during gamedays as large amount of lurkers who didnt bother joining up would suck up huge amounts of bandwidth causing the site to have a seizure lol. Theres a few sections such as tipping/knockout/quiz/bookie and some stats related stuff that unregistered members do not get access to. Not given access since its pointless as they cannot participate anyway.

Anyway thanks for the support guys. As previously said its not compulsory, its simply a way of saying thanks if you want to.

Lets hear of some interesting features that you guys would like to see.

Also, mobile optimization?
Site is fully optimise for mobile. What are you having issues with? Tablets and differing screens utilise a feature called responsive design. That means that if you minimise your screen or use a tablet or browser, the site will respond accordingly to ensure that you are able to experience it the same and dont need to scroll across like you may on non mobile responsive sites. To keep a consistent experience some things may not be shown on mobile (for example latest articles under the recent posts widget), as it causes too much bloat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Last Game

13 Sep

5.7 Total Avg Rating
5.1 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 11 ratings