General Favourite Player [ Non-warrior,non-kiwi )

• Thread starter charlie bobmarley
  • Start date
charlie bobmarley

charlie bobmarley

I got a thing for Jack Reid, just love his game.
Ryan James, got a nasty streak but not in a grubby way.
Corey Parker.
Mitch Aubusson

Last edited:
Sup42

Sup42

Contributor
So I take it from you pics CB you mean current players

Old school My Faves pre Warriors are :

Steve Roach

Gordon Tallis

Ellery Hanley

Current players :
- This is proving incredibly difficult because I hate the enemy am too blinkered to pick Aussies.

Jamie Lyon
Andrew Fifita
Sam Burgess

RobRoyMcCoy

RobRoyMcCoy

+1 on Parker. 220+ metres last night and 40 tackles.
Sam Burgess.
Cameron Smith. I hate the twat but what a player.
Luke Lewis.

Jay M

Jay M

Contributor
Brent Tate (from pre-Warriors day) - always showed so much heart, aggression, determination...
Cooper Cronk - the pure professional. To me, he is the glue that holds Melbourne together. Slater and Smith can have off-days, Smith may be the captain, but Cronk runs that ship...
Kevin Kingston - captain, released from the panthers. Does he get the sh*ts and act up? Nope, he knuckles down and earns himself another contract.

If I was allowed to pick kiwis - I'd go with Jeremy Smith. The hard man, and a man like that is what the warriors pack needs. Will do what needs to be done to win.

And if we're going old school - I'd go Renouf, Joey and Tallis. For obvious reasons.

Oh, and can I pick Sam Tomkins? He's not a kiwi or warrior ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1378412463][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sam Tomkins?

Damn you, I was just including him in my post!

Reactions: Cces
Sup42

Sup42

Contributor
You guys seriously like Sam Burgess, you know he likes to touch other guys balls right ?
That Sqirell can crack all the Storm nuts he likes I don't care , as long as it's not a kiwi or a Warrior crack away pervo LOL

Reactions: Maraea
Weno

Weno

1-Steve Renouf, my favouritist (excuse the language) player of all time. Even when he came up against the Kiwis I couldn't hate the man.
The most well balanced, electrifying, dynamic, silky ball runner in the game.

But that's my one eyed view to answer this post FULLSTOP,LOL

Sup42

Sup42

Contributor
1-Steve Renouf, my favouritist (excuse the language) player of all time. Even when he came up against the Kiwis I couldn't hate the man.
The most well balanced, electrifying, dynamic, silky ball runner in the game.

But that's my one eyed view to answer this post FULLSTOP,LOL
Yeah he was the man I agree with everything about the balance , electric Silky etc.......

I used to wonder if it was racist to call him the black pearl , or even Silly because of the Ellery Hanley pearl name too......

Ah Well if Manu can rip off Kevin Iro's real name an no one tells him it's wrong bro he ' owned it ' then what the hey

Reactions: Weno
Maraea

Maraea

Favourite player of all time is Wally Lewis. He is now my favourite commentator, close second is Phil Gould because I've never heard him slag off the Warriors. Fav current ocker aussie is Sam Thaiday, who always turns up for the Broncos. Close second is Cameron Smith.

Reactions: Sup42
Apus

Apus

I've always liked JT. Not just for his awesome skill, but he seems like a genuinely nice guy on and off the field.

Reactions: Moz and Ranger
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Cameron Smith hands down. staying with current players prob followed by Billy the kid.

Old skool is hard but Talis for aggression, Lockier for talent, and Joey for pure brilliance

InsideBall

InsideBall

In terms of sheer ability, I'd say GI is my favourite (non-Warrior/Kiwi, of course) player to watch. When he is on, there's very, very little and opposition can do to stop him. Absolutely amazing.

Having only seen Tomkins more or less through highlights packages, I have to say I don't think there is a better natural runner of the ball in all of League. Some of the stuff he can do is just amazing. Currently is a non-Warrior, though I sincerely hope that is going to change very soon.

In terms of players who are always there keeping their team up beat, first one to be there to congratulate and pump-up his team mates, I marvel at Beau Ryan; he gives absolutely everything to every performance and is always encouraging his teammates.

As far as un-sung hereos go, I like the Kevin Kingston's, Corey Parker's, Matt Ballin's and Shaun Fensom's of this world - just give absolutely everything every game.

Moz

Moz

Cam Smith - one of the most complete football players

Jonathan Thurston- nuff said

Greg Inglis - I watch games just to see what he's gonna pull off next

JWH - uncompromising like a front rower should be ( I know he's a Kiwi but had to include him )

Corey parker- one of the best fwds in the game

Two players I admired most but are since retired- Ruben wiki and Darren Lockyer

Both men tough as nails both lead from the front and inspired those playing alongside them

Last edited:
Raurimu Massive

Raurimu Massive

Old school: Marty Bella, Steve Roach, Sterlo, Ian Roberts, Garry Jack, Martin Offiah, Smell My Finger

Current: Greg Inglis, Billy Slater, Sam Burgess.

Buck777

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378441026678222

Larson. Just a forward that did his job for norths and QLD

My dad admired Ian Roberts pre coming out. He was the 'complete footballer' according to him. We remind him every birthday and Christmas and most months actually of his undying love for Ian.

Reactions: Defence and Sup42
Bluecat again

Bluecat again

Contributor
Ex players Terry Lamb and Laurie Daley. A young Mel Meninga on the charge
Current players. Todd Carney. Ben Barba and Chris Sandow when they are sane and sober and playing well. Actually, all the loose cannons because you know something special can happen at any moment to turn a game

Reactions: Moz
Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
ex players: Benny Elias, Michael O'Connor, Bradley Clyde, Andrew Johns, Cliff Lyons,

current players: Robbie Farrah, Andrew Fifita, Jarrod Mullen, Sam Thaiday,

Defence

Defence

Fittler was my hero.
Current- inglis. I think carney and wade graham are both mean players- hate the sharks tho[DOUBLEPOST=1378456025][/DOUBLEPOST]
yeah bout Jamie Lyon but lost cred for me by not returning to the Eels

The rumour I heard- at a pub from an eels fan I'd never met before- was that Lyons misses had a miscarriage and the club were informed before the game but didn't tell him till after the game

Reactions: smc