General Favourite Album

WA supporter

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Mar 18, 2017
Perth
I don't know if Bill was influential enough for Mossad level kompromat but he was a dodgy character alright, more like an inside asset;

Am I right to suggest there are two versions of that song. The tamer version being this line “she was a disco dancer. at......”. And the racier version “ she smoked marijuana at.....”?? Likewise,Pink Floyd‘s Money had two versions on NZ radio back in the ‘70’s,when you couldn’t use words like “do goody good bullshit”. 1251 ZM (as it was known in the ‘70’s),either dropped the offending word or there was a ”softer” version of the song. Also as far as albums go Meatloaf,Bat Out Of Hell was and still is (imo) not a brilliant album but up there. But for those of us old enough to remember LP’s. The album cover was an absolute classic. Honourable mentions to album covers. Led Zep IV,and ELO Out of the blue. J Hendrix Electric Ladyland Pink Floyd’s Animals & Wish You Were Here!

Last edited:

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
Wife just bought us stone temple pilots tickets- for HER birthday! Had to get the old reverse physiology going for that one... so you’re turning 38? Probably a bit old for concerts now eh..?
Sure Scott weiland is irreplaceable but u still got a rhythm section that can do this..

Bush and cheap trick playing too.
When are stone temple pilots playing?

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
Wife just bought us stone temple pilots tickets- for HER birthday! Had to get the old reverse physiology going for that one... so you’re turning 38? Probably a bit old for concerts now eh..?
Sure Scott weiland is irreplaceable but u still got a rhythm section that can do this..

Bush and cheap trick playing too.
Old for concerts huh? Didn't see you at knocked loose? 😂

Raw Power

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 30, 2016
Brisbane
Lots of Great Stories here and a real eye opener to see some very similar music tastes with other Warriors Fans

Favourite album is pretty tough... lot's of varied moods to regather

My Avatar name is definitely one of them...
Raw Power by Iggy and the Stooges = kick ass youthful energy
Goodbye Yellow Brick Rd by Elton John... a lot of early Elton still sounds the same as when you first heard them!
Don't Let It Die by Hurricane Smith... unearthed Gem
Travalgar by the Bee Gees, ironically made with only two of the Gibb brothers
Frank Sinatra... any album
Loaded by the Velvet Underground
Transformer by Lou Reed
David Bowie (1967 album) by David Jones, loved a lot of Bowie but keep listening more to his first one
Evening Star by Fripp and Eno... especially the A side
Taking Tiger Mountain by Strategy by Eno
Before and After Science by Eno
Super Hits by Big Audio Dynamite

Dig deeper back to more sixties and the fifties with worthy mentions
Greatest Hits...
Eddie Cochran
The Supremes
Donovan
The Lovin' Spoonful
Herman's Hermits
The Troggs
The Hollies

Fast forward to now and still finding great music… the Favourite albums are mostly Chilled Out compilations with a couple of exceptions with say... Kraak and Smaak and Washed Out

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Old for concerts huh? Didn't see you at knocked loose? 😂
Yeah that’s me here....

B06BE99A-115B-4B20-A20D-1F4C159A7AE2.jpeg

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Am I right to suggest there are two versions of that song. The tamer version being this line “she was a disco dancer. at......”. And the racier version “ she smoked marijuana at.....”?? Likewise,Pink Floyd‘s Money had two versions on NZ radio back in the ‘70’s,when you couldn’t use words like “do goody good bullshit”. 1251 ZM (as it was known in the ‘70’s),either dropped the offending word or there was a ”softer” version of the song. Also as far as albums go Meatloaf,Bat Out Of Hell was and still is (imo) not a brilliant album but up there. But for those of us old enough to remember LP’s. The album cover was an absolute classic. Honourable mentions to album covers. Led Zep IV,and ELO Out of the blue. J Hendrix Electric Ladyland Pink Floyd’s Animals & Wish You Were Here!
Bit of an odd one I guess but this has always been my favorite album cover- idk why- it just says rock n roll to me.
0A8F6603-F985-4511-BEFE-D6D9EFC838D0.jpeg

Quite ironic because if u had never heard Neil diamond and only seen this cover you would be quite surprised when u dropped the needle and crunchy granola suite started playing.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
Bit of an odd one I guess but this has always been my favorite album cover- idk why- it just says rock n roll to me.
View attachment 43762

Quite ironic because if u had never heard Neil young and only seen this cover you would be quite surprised when u dropped the needle and crunchy granola suite started playing.

Neil Diamond, but is is one of the great live albums.

Raw Power

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 30, 2016
Brisbane
the self titled 'the band', great follow up to 'songs from the big pink'. The last waltz is a true classic as well. I have wondered if Elton John's 'Levon' is about Levon Helm.
Hey Gizz, apparently not...When Rolling Stone asked Taupin about the song in 2013, he insisted that he has no idea what he intended as the meaning. “It was a free-form writing,” he said. “It was just lines that came out that were interesting.” and Elton says of Levon: “It’s about a guy who just gets bored doing the same thing. It’s just somebody who gets bored with blowing up balloons and he just wants to get away from it but he can’t because it’s the family ritual.”
Another great John/Taupin song though... so many

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
If anyone here hasn't listened to the fragile by nine inch nails, I highly recommend it. My favorite album is rage against the machines evil empire.

Big Day Out 2008 up front for rage against the machine best night of my life! (Wife is sleeping)🤫

Fuck I would give an arm to have a major festival again! In fact just to go to a gig again! Deftones owe me! 🙏
Nine Inch Nails The Fragile is great. I played that after buying one of my cars back in the day so made it a habit every time I get a new car that's the first album I play. Anonther NIN favourite of mine is With Teeth.

Both of those albums are great to have in the car or while working out.

I haven't given Evil Empire a lot of listens. I probably should revisit it.

Reactions: matiunz and Defence

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
Hey Gizz, apparently not...When Rolling Stone asked Taupin about the song in 2013, he insisted that he has no idea what he intended as the meaning. “It was a free-form writing,” he said. “It was just lines that came out that were interesting.” and Elton says of Levon: “It’s about a guy who just gets bored doing the same thing. It’s just somebody who gets bored with blowing up balloons and he just wants to get away from it but he can’t because it’s the family ritual.”
Another great John/Taupin song though... so many
There are conflicting stories on this. I’ve seen an interview with Elton John saying it is, but since Taupin wrote all the lyrics I’d go with that.

Reactions: Defence

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
The Last Waltz is a very good album, so is the film.
My all time favourite to watch. What a line up. Love the respect of all the blues men when Muddy Waters goes onstage. Can’t think of one act that didn’t bring it, and such a vast array. Van Morrison is at his drunken best with a great rendition of caravan. Robertson and Clapton duelling guitars are great too. That jam at the end of the film is brilliant too with Ronnie Wood and Ringo joining the rest. Robbie Robertson had a decent solo career too delving into his Native American roots. Somewhere down the crazy river and broken arrow are great tracks. Rod Stewart covered broken arrow also. Mentioning Stewart and Ronnie Wood, the faces were a great band.

Parramatta Eels Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane Rate Match

Last Game

16 May

18 - 34
4.9 Total Avg Rating
3.4 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 15 ratings