General Favourite Album

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
My all time favourite to watch. What a line up. Love the respect of all the blues men when Muddy Waters goes onstage. Can’t think of one act that didn’t bring it, and such a vast array. Van Morrison is at his drunken best with a great rendition of caravan. Robertson and Clapton duelling guitars are great too. That jam at the end of the film is brilliant too with Ronnie Wood and Ringo joining the rest. Robbie Robertson had a decent solo career too delving into his Native American roots. Somewhere down the crazy river and broken arrow are great tracks. Rod Stewart covered broken arrow also. Mentioning Stewart and Ronnie Wood, the faces were a great band.
Levon hated The Last Waltz, and Robbie's microphone was turned off for the whole show he was that bad. Lot of bad blood in the Band by then, they accused Robbie of ripping them off for years. That Once Were Brothers doco they did last year was a crock of shit according to everything I've read about it. Still love them though, RIP Richard, Rick and Levon Helm.

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
Levon hated The Last Waltz, and Robbie's microphone was turned off for the whole show he was that bad. Lot of bad blood in the Band by then, they accused Robbie of ripping them off for years. That Once Were Brothers doco they did last year was a crock of shit according to everything I've read about it. Still love them though, RIP Richard, Rick and Levon Helm.
Crack up with the one on Garth Hudson’s Amish family not accepting of him playing in a rock band. Paved it over by saying he was their music teacher.

• Haha
Reactions: Worried2Death

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Didn’t help with the big bowl of blow backstage in the white room. It’s folklore Neil Young singing helpless and the camera goes for a close up and catches the big lump lodged in his nostril.
Hell of a year in music thanks to Pablo's boys, it cost them the entire 80's though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Noitall

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Am I right to suggest there are two versions of that song. The tamer version being this line “she was a disco dancer. at......”. And the racier version “ she smoked marijuana at.....”?? Likewise,Pink Floyd‘s Money had two versions on NZ radio back in the ‘70’s,when you couldn’t use words like “do goody good bullshit”. 1251 ZM (as it was known in the ‘70’s),either dropped the offending word or there was a ”softer” version of the song. Also as far as albums go Meatloaf,Bat Out Of Hell was and still is (imo) not a brilliant album but up there. But for those of us old enough to remember LP’s. The album cover was an absolute classic. Honourable mentions to album covers. Led Zep IV,and ELO Out of the blue. J Hendrix Electric Ladyland Pink Floyd’s Animals & Wish You Were Here!
You're right bro just looked it up, the single edit for radio was different to the video version, they could smoke dope all day on radio but not tv apparently.

Probly not the most important moment in the history of mankind but here's the radio version anyway

Reactions: WA supporter

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth
Bit of an odd one I guess but this has always been my favorite album cover- idk why- it just says rock n roll to me.
View attachment 43762

Quite ironic because if u had never heard Neil diamond and only seen this cover you would be quite surprised when u dropped the needle and crunchy granola suite started playing.

You realise they airbrushed some stuff out of that cover?

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
You're right bro just looked it up, the single edit for radio was different to the video version, they could smoke dope all day on radio but not tv apparently.

Probly not the most important moment in the history of mankind but here's the radio version anyway

Bill Wyman was pretty funny until he married his 14 year old girlfriend and it turned out he wasn't being ironic after all. He took it all too far but boy could he play guitar.

• Haha
Reactions: Noitall

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
Another group which in my opinion didn't have a great album, although their debut album is brilliant, but have a great catalogue is UB40.

Too often regarded as a covers band with songs like Red Red Wine. My favourite cover is 'T think it's going to rain today'. They were actually prolific in writing their own songs. Quite socially conscious with songs like 'Food for Thought' and '1 in 10'.

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
Another group which in my opinion didn't have a great album, although their debut album is brilliant, but have a great catalogue is UB40.

Too often regarded as a covers band with songs like Red Red Wine. My favourite cover is 'T think it's going to rain today'. They were actually prolific in writing their own songs. Quite socially conscious with songs like 'Food for Thought' and '1 in 10'.
The UB40 is the form the government gave you when you were unemployed, it is the cover of the debut album. It’s a great debut album at that, my favourite track would be King

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
Ok since you guys keep throwing these great albums out here are a few from me to you.

The Black Queen, Forever Daydream.
Gojira, The Way Of All Flesh
Deftones, Koi No Yoken
Knocked Loose, Laugh Tracks
Converge, Jane Doe.

POW!

Reactions: Worried2Death
Parramatta Eels Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane Rate Match

Last Game

16 May

18 - 34
4.9 Total Avg Rating