Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
It's great to see the forum engaged in the off season, usually a dead zone. Everytime I do check though, I wish I saw a post about a good prop signing.

RE Australia, it's always going to be uphill, but a winning culture will go A LONG way to helping. Our recent recruitment I think has been very strong too, before we had a winning season. Ideally we'll be seen as a heads down no nonsense club that plays regular finals footy. Being out of the spotlight of Aussie media will definitely be a positive to some.

It's great to see the forum engaged in the off season, usually a dead zone. Everytime I do check though, I wish I saw a post about a good prop signing.

RE Australia, it's always going to be uphill, but a winning culture will go A LONG way to helping. Our recent recruitment I think has been very strong too, before we had a winning season. Ideally we'll be seen as a heads down no nonsense club that plays regular finals footy. Being out of the spotlight of Aussie media will definitely be a positive to some.

I agree - don't get me wrong we are all desperate for a premiership...

But a lot of me would settle for 8 straight top 6 finishes and no title.

Nothing beats the off season threads.

Come for the recruitment nuggets. Leave with a sound overview of Aus real estate / weather / societal-cultural nuggets by region.
1000000612-png.4587

Can someone share the winning lotto numbers from last night's draw??

Attachments

• 1000000612.png
    1000000612.png
    435.9 KB · Views: 941
Luai definitely gone from panthers apparently at end of 2024, matter of tigers or bulldogs. Sounds strongly like tigers though.

Yeah they want it both ways, we'd be dumb to just take him from 2025.
Got to be for 2024. Only way I could see it not happening is he stays at broncos for 2024 and backs his form for another contract with an aussie club. Looking at the clubs he’s joined previously, it looks like he leans towards teams on the cusp of success so hopefully bodes well. Think the holdup could be the new rules in place where a players existing team has 10 days to match or better the offer to which it sounds like broncos can’t and won’t.

The fact this place is pretty busy for this time of year is a good sign. A great season helps. The last few years were really wearing on me. Now my spirits around the club like most is positive.

Yeah they want it both ways, we'd be dumb to just take him from 2025.
Starting to sound like how Walters felt about Lodge. We don't want him, wait we need him, no we don't. They may be a bit concerned on the impact of their depth.

It isn't uncommon for a club to offer a veteran they have under contract a short deal. Where he'd get a longer deal somewhere else. Typically the player gets released to take up the long term deal. The Broncos got Reynolds in a similar situation minus the year early (if I remember correctly).

Is Capewell as attractive to us if he comes for 2 years from 2025 than he would be for 3 years starting at 2024?

It isn't uncommon for a club to offer a veteran they have under contract a short deal. Where he'd get a longer deal somewhere else. Typically the player gets released to take up the long term deal. The Broncos got Reynolds in a similar situation minus the year early (if I remember correctly).

Is Capewell as attractive to us if he comes for 2 years from 2025 than he would be for 3 years starting at 2024?
They know Piakura isn’t quite ready for week in week out and their salary cap demands make it tough to offer Capewell another contract, they got Mam and Walsh to lock down yet who won’t be cheap. Capewell needs to be for next year to add experience in AFB’s final year or it becomes less attractive.

No way he's getting a 3 year from 2025. I don't know if we'd even sign him if it's for 25 onwards.

If he wants the job security for 3 years then sign with us, if he wants to risk it with Broncos that he'll get a good few years after 2024 he can try his luck. I have a feeling if he says no to us it might come back to bite him in the arse

Back