General Fai's debut

jahc_old

Any form of player hating is dumb though. In the past there were players I didn't think offered much, but they're still Warriors at the end of the day.

Skinny_Ravs82

I think hate's stoo strong a word. If you disliked them for their playing style..or something that would be a bit more reasonable

ToiletDuck_old

Toiletduck your still bitching about Swann despite the fact he's had 2 good games now this season and the stats suggest he had a good season last year, and you come up with this gem.

For no apparent reason other than you can't let go.

The difference between you and me Toiletduck is while i blamed Ropati for losing us a match against the Sharks and i called him the worst 5/8 in the game i have also heaped praise on Ropati for his outstanding bench mark setting displays at centre.......you on the other hand continue to attack a player who is playing good footy.

Ok, just take a step back, I make ONE off the cuff comment about Logan and his inability (in my own opinion) to break the line, and suddenly 'I can't let go' and 'continue to attack a player'...the rest seems to be your assumptions regarding websites and the like.

By the way, you've yet again managed to miss the whole point *sigh*. You can't get up-in-arms over negative comments made regarding one player when you used to do the exact same thing, REGARDLESS of what you've said since.

It's a public forum, we can say whatever we like regarding players' form and express certain opinions. Just as you did. So get over it.

MarkW_old

... as for Fai, I thought he went ok for his first time in the big league.
Nothing spectacular, but it'll take a little time for him to gel with the rest of the team and find his place.

He's enthusiastic and certainly has the physical presence - the big question is, has he got the smarts and discipline to go that step further.

Jesbass_old

@ JesBass. Ropati did lose us that game against the Sharks. Go have a look at the stats for that match. The score was soemthing like 14 - 10 to them. Ropati was on the field for about 15 minutes and in that time was directly responsible for 2 dropped balls that lead to tries and a one on one missed tackle that lead to a try and two further dropped balls. Up until Ropati entered the fray we were leading game and looking good for a win.
Somewhere in that Ropati is a dog thread i went and got the time they happened and the stats to go with them but can't be arsed looking for them again.

I'm happy to look up some Ropati stats from that match.

Started on the bench.
Played 33 minutes.
Made 8 runs for 78 metres with 4 tackle breaks.
Made 15 tackles and missed 3.
Made 1 kick return for 3 metres.
Made 4 errors.

Hardly glowing stats, but there's a slight flaw with your theory that he singlehandedly cost us the match. (Cronulla won 22-20, by the way.)

Ropati only played for 33 minutes. That means that for 47 minutes, he wasn't even on the field contributing to the win or loss. It also means there were 34 missed tackles that weren't his doing - each one contributed to the final result. And there were 9 errors that weren't his doing - each one contributed to the final result.

So how, kind sir, do you convince yourself that a single player can be held responsible, not only for his own actions, but for the actions of 12 other players on the field for 33 minutes, and 13 other players on the field for 47 minutes?

Northern_Union

You talk about forums and freedom TD, do people come onto a forum to have there spelling judged and made fun of.....such as a 'Winston' comment would be?

Skinny_Ravs82

I'm happy to look up some Ropati stats from that match.

Started on the bench.
Played 33 minutes.
Made 8 runs for 78 metres with 4 tackle breaks.
Made 15 tackles and missed 3.
Made 1 kick return for 3 metres.
Made 4 errors.

Hardly glowing stats, but there's a slight flaw with your theory that he singlehandedly cost us the match. (Cronulla won 22-20, by the way.)

Ropati only played for 33 minutes. That means that for 47 minutes, he wasn't even on the field contributing to the win or loss. It also means there were 34 missed tackles that weren't his doing - each one contributed to the final result. And there were 9 errors that weren't his doing - each one contributed to the final result.

So how, kind sir, do you convince yourself that a single player can be held responsible, not only for his own actions, but for the actions of 12 other players on the field for 33 minutes, and 13 other players on the field for 47 minutes?
What round was this? Might try and find it via the nrl video library site and watch back on that.

Lego_Man_old

This is ridiculous. Seriously, what a ridiculous direction for the thread to take. Two things...NU - you've seemingly forgotten how to let jokes slide with some of your posts in this thread. The second thing is youre just an idiot going on about spelling and Winston Churchill etc - you're one of the most aggressive posters to view, and from what i've seen of you so far in this thread, youre prone to overreact.

Remember who the good posters are mate, it's only about 6 months ago you werent derailing threads.

Northern_Union

This is ridiculous. Seriously, what a ridiculous direction for the thread to take. Two things...NU - you've seemingly forgotten how to let jokes slide with some of your posts in this thread. The second thing is youre just an idiot going on about spelling and Winston Churchill etc - you're one of the most aggressive posters to view, and from what i've seen of you so far in this thread, youre prone to overreact.

Remember who the good posters are mate, it's only about 6 months ago you werent derailing threads.

I'm not the one that takes a crack at others spelling, Lego man. Secondly thank you for name calling, this is your first post in this thread i believe and your name calling, well done. Thirdly, you and Toilet duck are mates (according to what you said in a previous post....something alone the lines of "my main man Toiletduck" so it's hardly a surprise your siding with him.

Not to sure you mean about derailing threads.

Jesbass_old

Alright, guys, this has gone far enough. No point in dragging it out any further.

Let's just get back to the top of Sonny Fai's debut. If you want to keep going, please do so via other channels. (i.e. Not the public forum.)