General Fai's debut

Viking_old

I thought he went well with limited chances, it was hard to shine when the whole team was doing well.

I was behind the posts at the northern end with Parramatta coming off their own line and Fai was pointing at a Parra player yelling "I got this guy, this guy right here!" with some real menace in his voice. The poor Eels player facial expression looked as though he'd been marked for death. Classic.

BigD_old

He droppord the ball at one stage
Hes OK , will learn from NRL experience

(jeez they play it t a fast Pace)

Fazz_old

After his jittery first touch I though he started really finding his legs, I can remember a nice driving run by him and the hit him and Hendo came up with to force the error was good. Overall I'd say his first game was a success

Viking_old

Something else I noticed was he and Logan spending time together after the game during the warm down, mentoring him I guess.

Northern_Union

Or Fai asking Logan what it's like to play a decade of NRL and representing your country.

Northern_Union

Or perhapes asking Logan if he dropped the ball with his first ever touch.

Northern_Union

Or asking Logan if some dumbarse Warriors fans will put a web site together saying they hate him because he made a mistake. Im pretty sure Logan will say even if they do Sonny, just remember, those fans are and always will be nothings in this world.

Last edited by a moderator:

Viking_old

Fai can learn a lot from Logan. Management originally said that's one of the main reasons Logan was brought back into the club, to mentor the younger players and Fai in particular.

I thought Fai would be guilty of trying to push the pass that's not on and that's what it looked like on his first touch, but it was an awesome sight seeing him scare the crap out of his opposition on debut. Logan will have to help harness some of that rage.

Esoj_old

limited chances in his first run. didn't really see too much of him with ball in hand. he did make the nice decoy run for tate's try though and as mentioned that hit with henderson. he does look promising and it would be good to see what he can do on attack with more ball in hand

ToiletDuck_old

Or asking Logan if some dumbarse Warriors fans will put a web site together saying they hate him because he made a mistake. Im pretty sure Logan will say even if they do Sonny, just remember, those fans are and always will be nothings in this world.

You're so deep bro, got anymore pearls?

Iafeta_old

Not noticeable really. Involved in two key plays, one error, involved in a strong tackle to force an error.

Perhaps needs to get involved a little more in the centre third ball in hand, perhaps even out of dummy half to get his work rate up.

He'll be better for the run, but I want to see more before I pass judgement on him.

Joe 90_old

Didn't look to shirk any defensive work which had been a concern in lower grades, so that was good.

Generally, didn't try and overplay his hand, but probably could do with just taking a hit up or 2 to work his way into a game.

Jesbass_old

Not much to comment on, really. He only played for 28 minutes, made 4 hitups for 33 meres, 2 tackle breaks, 11 tackles, 1 ineffective, and 3 missed.

Not bad overall, but enough to hopefully help him to find his feet at the top level. By mid season, he should be showing some quality plays, methinks.

ToiletDuck_old

Not much to comment on, really. He only played for 28 minutes, made 4 hitups for 33 meres, 2 tackle breaks, 11 tackles, 1 ineffective, and 3 missed.

Not bad overall, but enough to hopefully help him to find his feet at the top level. By mid season, he should be showing some quality plays, methinks.

Wouldn't wanna chuck him into your VRL side with those stats, he's almost got a poor defender inside half an hour.

Warrioraholic_old

He was looking for the ball, but no one would pass it to him. Alot of times Hendersen was doing some stupid fake passes which no one would fall for and soaking up tackles, I think Wiki and Fai should have been recieving them and hitting it up more. Fai was playing out by the side line which I liked because he was linking up with Tate, if those two could get something going we could have a lethal attacking duo. Although Paddy was solid he didnt really offer much but wouldnt drop him just yet, has crocket been to court yet or was it thrown out?

Iafeta_old

I liked Henderson, he looks a gutsy little bloke with a bit more strength than given credit for.

I just think Sonny could have come looking for it a little bit more. He was probably playing to instructions to hang out wide, but it'd be nice to use his footwork up the guts like Hame did, and did well.