TeamList Warriors vs Knights [Round 4, 2024]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ali's defence was horrendous on one Tigers try in the trial match.

That was Set Tu
It was the entire edge in my view. That entire edge Metcalf/ Ali/ Tu screwed the pooch and gave away a try that was only excusable on the grounds it was a trial match. In my history of watching league it was perhaps the softest try I have seen conceded ever by any team.

It was the entire edge in my view. That entire edge Metcalf/ Ali/ Tu screwed the pooch and gave away a try that was only excusable on the grounds it was a trial match. In my history of watching league it was perhaps the softest try I have seen conceded ever by any team.
Mate, Pompey has played more first grade games than that entire edge! They are babies lol. Pompey got smoked several times in the all star game. Some leading to tries. Softer than your soft example.
I to picked Pompey to start. But if he keeps getting exposed for being to damn slow then I'm rooting for some young blood to come in.

In my history of watching league it was perhaps the softest try I have seen conceded ever by any team.
You’ve clearly blocked out the 70 point Storm covid slaughtering? Extreme trauma causes that sometimes!

Several players gave up and our defence was non existent. You can’t even rate that as reaching the level of softness, if players avoided tackling by the end!

Ali is the 1st drop winger and 2nd drop centre, plenty of chances, unless they want Setu Tu as 1st wing back up, apparently Kosi is fading away, shame he was awesome before fracturing his knee cap

What is the word on Kosi? Not been setting the world on fire in reserves?

The anxiety around getting Ali in is understandable but if he is the right type of person then he will understand his time will come.

Injuries, suspensions, consussions etc he will get a chance

Happy for Pompey but disappointed for Ali. Really shows the pecking order.

Love Ali but he’s blocked for the next few years. For his development he needs to be looking elsewhere. To good for reserves. Resigning Pompey and RTS last year has blocked him.

And I don’t get the ‘he’s only young so wait’ argument. He’s 21 and many are regularly playing first grade younger than that.
RTS is signed for three years but I don't see him getting better in those years so I believe at least that Leiataua will be primed and ready with a bit of maturity to help him. That's a good thing and bad thing I know because if he's ready he's ready. Dunno but at least I got to type something.

What is the word on Kosi? Not been setting the world on fire in reserves?

The anxiety around getting Ali in is understandable but if he is the right type of person then he will understand his time will come.

Injuries, suspensions, consussions etc he will get a chance

Some say Kosi looked demoralized

Ali at the latest could be taking over Monty’s spot in 2026 (23 y/o) then Roger’s in 2027, ya he will have plenty of games over the next 2 seasons with injuries and suspensions

Berry's not as locked in as people think. Dude's had like four decent games out of like 20+. Hope he turns out as well as it's looking but it's far from a lock. Timoko was far, far better and showed what a true gun is. We can hope Berry gets anywhere close.

Plenty of space for someone to force their way in if they can reach Timoko's level.
You cannot be serious. Berry was a monster on Friday and has been all season. If we didn't have Timoko and Manu on the Kiwis, I'd suggest Berry would be the next man up.

You cannot be serious. Berry was a monster on Friday and has been all season. If we didn't have Timoko and Manu on the Kiwis, I'd suggest Berry would be the next man up.

Yea don't quite understand that sort of post.

Berry is probably one of the most improved players in the entire competition - and he's only 22.

Got his own write up on NRL.com last week and was singled out in the post-match press conference.

If Ali could produce a similar trajectory that is very scary

Pretty much the best we can hope for other CNK coming back. Only issue I have is dropping Ale and keeping Bunty. Last week Bunty only ran for 25m in 3 runs over a 26 minute period. That's not good enough for a middle forward. Ale was much more involved: 77m over 25 minutes. Webby must see something in Afoa that I don't.

If I still had my VHS tapes of past Warriors seasons I'd be able to find you plenty of softest try conceded examples. We have a huge amount of them. Quite a cohort of butter fingers and stoopid offloads too.

But to reference the original topic, Ali in my opinion can probably be a better Warrior long term by serving an internship in NSW cup. Berry took a different road but it need not be Ali's. Let's get his path right for the greater good.

Pretty much the best we can hope for other CNK coming back. Only issue I have is dropping Ale and keeping Bunty. Last week Bunty only ran for 25m in 3 runs over a 26 minute period. That's not good enough for a middle forward. Ale was much more involved: 77m over 25 minutes. Webby must see something in Afoa that I don't.
What I can remember was Bunty making tackles. I do not have statistical evidence but Bunty is simply a bigger body. Ale I hope kicks on

Bunty 27 tackles Ale 17 maybe Webby is more defense oriented atm?

Those two actually compliment each other lol

I think Ale will end up coming in for Marata anyway, he’s No.18 this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back