Social A Weighty Issue

This is the weirdest diet thread I've ever seen,

1695633287423.png

1695633237107.png

I remember when Atkins first came in people were skeptical of going low carb. Now it has really flipped the other way to the point companies are scared to advertise anything with carbohydrates.

You see high protein Weetbix or high protein Oatmeal. If you look at these there are still more carbs in them instead of protein. Even the amount of protein isn't enough that you'd factor it in as part of your protein intake if you were trying to build muscle.
The Atkins Diet stocks plummeted after he died of heart disease, it was disasterous for marketing and book sales.

Chinese and Thai foods are full of mono sodium glutamate. Just read sodium, is is a toxic substance, the same as table salt, sodium chloride.

The problem I have with Chinese food is the amount of white rice, which is as bad as white bread. Especially fried rice.

Asian people can cope with it because it has been their staple dish for over 5000 years.

The reason they get rid of all the protein in the husk is cooking time. If you are burning wood you don't want to have to burn three times as much.

Brown rice is much healthier, but Asians hate it.

Nothing wrong with MSG or sodium.

The trace metals groups ala sodium, potassium, phosphorus, and magnesium etc are all consider ESSENTIAL and are easily regulated by the body.

The salt myth was busted a long time ago.

The issue with white rice and white bread is that they are less complex as carbohydrates than brown rice and bread.

The more complex the carbohydrate, the slower it takes the body to digest it.

So simple carbohydrates, such as sugar and white rice and bread are digested very quickly.

That does two things, it increases the need for insulin and also takes more time to make you feel less hungry.

So you can over eat, and also place a strain on the pancreas producing insulin. It also causes a spike in fat production.

The Asian people have developed rice growing over 5000 years and their bodies have evolved accordingly.

Also, some eat spicy foods which slows them down as they eat. They also eat more often, but with smaller helpings.

5000 years ago our ancestors were living in caves eating wild seeds and the odd dead animal.
You are forgetting 3/4 of the equation.
as per the role of Insulin

Insulin is a peptide hormone secreted by the β cells of the pancreatic islets of Langerhans and maintains normal blood glucose levels by facilitating cellular glucose uptake, regulating carbohydrate, lipid and protein metabolism and promoting cell division and growth through its mitogenic effects.

Now what youve done is focused on the first half without understanding this part; lipid and protein metabolism and promoting cell division and growth.

As per the research on anabolic functions of Insulin, amino acid protein regulation is key.

TLDR; calorie expenditure and amino acid requirement for the free form protein pool is far more important on the metabolic effect of simple vs complex carbohydrates. I barely know the real science so doing a shit job of explaining. If your energy requirement is high, the insulin spike acts a growth hormone, which result is muscle gain.

really TLDR; its why bodybuilders and even athletes can eat chicken and white rice and still be lean and healthy; high energy output

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with MSG or sodium.

The trace metals groups ala sodium, potassium, phosphorus, and magnesium etc are all consider ESSENTIAL and are easily regulated by the body.

Careful, Bruce is going to start calling you girl names, tell you he has a sock fetish and then pyramid scheme you into watching My Pillow Guy.

Good morning Cecil, that is interesting.
It is no myth that salt is toxic.
it actually has an acute LD50 of 3000 mg/kg, which is higher than the herbicide glyphosate.
However , please explain your thesis ;)

Good morning Cecil, that is interesting.
It is no myth that salt is toxic.
it actually has an acute LD50 of 3000 mg/kg, which is higher than the herbicide glyphosate.
However , please explain your thesis ;)
Where did I say it wasnt toxic? Oxygen is toxic at sufficient purities.

you are doing that thing you doing where you misrepresent someone's point...

Where did I say it wasnt toxic? Oxygen is toxic at sufficient purities.

you are doing that thing you doing where you misrepresent someone's point...
He's just doing typical right wing commentary. Calls people names, misrepresent people, fire off as many random bs things they know nothing about for you to discredit.

He has no actual facts to give you. Probably because his ancestors were living in caves 5000 years ago and couldn't digest rice and shook their fists at the gods for being so cruel.

One word for all you diet experts,

CALM DOWN

Just cause your dietian said it, or because you read it in a book or internet doesn’t make it facts.

I’m ordering Chinese tonight 😉

He's just doing typical right wing commentary. Calls people names, misrepresent people, fire off as many random bs things they know nothing about for you to discredit.

He has no actual facts to give you. Probably because his ancestors were living in caves 5000 years ago and couldn't digest rice and shook their fists at the gods for being so cruel.
How can a discussion about food be right or left wing? I think I'm right wing but I could be eating quite a lot of left wing food and I've been doing it for a long time. I wish I had known.

How can a discussion about food be right or left wing? I think I'm right wing but I could be eating quite a lot of left wing food and I've been doing it for a long time. I wish I had known.
Bruce had some comments about msg, rice and Indian food. I pointed him to articles that said he was wrong and his comments were ignorant at best and racist at worst. He harped on how the articles were right wing agenda....

Bruce had some comments about msg, rice and Indian food. I pointed him to articles that said he was wrong and his comments were ignorant at best and racist at worst. He harped on how the articles were right wing agenda....
Okay, missed the bit about right wing agenda.

Seems a bit hangry this thread. Probably to much rabbit food and not enough sugar/ salt/ fat.

Chill out and shoot down to McDonalds for a decent Big Mac and reflect on how good the food tastes that we have access to!

Were all gonna die of something. May as well enjoy it while we’re able to 🍔🍕🌭🍟
Yes.
Tack a few years on to your life.
And.
Welcome to ageing.
With the need to manage ageing issues.
Funstuff.
Diabetes.
Hearing loss.
Eyesight loss yeah must get those cataracts done.
Its all quite amusing when you are say prior to fifty.
But after 50 you start working on managing these issues and these discussions allowing for variance in views are useful in getting tips.
So yeah take the piss wizz but your time awaits.

Back