Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Dolphins +12

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Warrriors Jafin special

Votes: 9 12.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am the artist formerly known as Gizzyfan. Got sick of that and increasingly thought it was wanky. Due to a completely new spine going for Dolphins, but guys will not disgrace themselves. Our 'dirt trackers' need a run to get up to speed before the finals and our starters a rest. Annoyinv as we drove past Redcliff on the way to the airport yesterday.
Welcome back. I'd like to introduce you to our other new member Bruce Bruce .

Going to be interesting to see if the Phins are thinking about Monday like the Tigers were or going to go hard out. Hopefully they go hard out as it will give our fringe players a real test. The results do not matter but I would like to see us keep our to our defensive structures. Our entire spine has been replaced so do not expect that much from our attack.

Going to be interesting to see if the Phins are thinking about Monday like the Tigers were or going to go hard out. Hopefully they go hard out as it will give our fringe players a real test. The results do not matter but I would like to see us keep our to our defensive structures. Our entire spine has been replaced so do not expect that much from our attack.

Wayne Bennett

At home

No chance players are thinking Bali.. 🏝️

Auckland Whanau
I need your help
Can you give me a tip on a sports bar to watch the game tonight in either ellerslie or Mt Wellington ?
doesn’t need to be a life and soul of the party place just a good view of the tv?
If you're in the city, mercury bar off K road used to be a great warriors hub, though last time I was in NZ and watched a game there Charlie Gubb was playing. As your new to league Charlie Gubb was cult hero for his hard runs, heart and hair in some average warrior teams.

Yea going to be an interesting game to see where everyone's heads are at.I think they will finish off the season strongly then focus on nxt week.Whatever the result what a helluva ride its been so far.

Really wanted to see a game with Volkman leading our full squad around this season, but not fussed as that means SJ has played all season which is great.

Looking forward to seeing Volkman handed the keys and my boy TMM finally back out there. 12 rounds late as Round 15 was originally stated, but better late than never.

Good luck to the debutants, hope everyone has a great game and we can somehow sneak a win.

Wayne Bennett

At home

I agree. You are bang on the money about us being rank outsides in this one.

The last time we played the Kiwis in the Dolphins treated it like a NZ SOO scrap, the Bromwich bros went after us and the hits were ferocious both ways.

People have short memories, the Dolphins game was played at a frenetic pace and the reason we won was that the Dolphins blew out and were physically stuffed because of the speed we were playing at got to them first...coz they are bigger and we had the star players to shift them with passing around the park.

It is unrealistic to expect our replacement players to match NRL pace in their first outing, they will be blowing hard in the first ten minutes.

And if you look at our NRL forwards, a big chunk are short minute players.

RonnieLino had to be pulled during the Sharks game as a noob because he started to blow out and the pace was too fast.

However, I dare to dream on game day, coz it is free, and the way I see us winning this is if we control the ball and territory, which means low errors, no chancing your arm nonsense.

If our boys can get RonaldLino into position to use that boot of his we have a chance.

If the Dolphins have more than half of the possesion we get slaughtered.

If we can go with them, the history between the Auckland Warriors AKA Wahs...(obscurely known as the NZWarriors among the mountain hillbillies) - the history will be born....a new rivalry in the NRL.

Last edited:
Wayne Bennett

At home

Agreed, Uncle Wayne may have a soft spot for us and would love to see us do well. But we are resting half our squad, be crazy to think he's gonna let that one slip past the keeper on the disrespectometer.

Dolphins will be fired up and ready to go, hope we can hang with them for awhile.

No idea what will happen, but I think the team will play with lots of enthusiasm which is usually enough to avoid a hiding. Probably better it’s at Suncorp rather than dolphin oval. TT to get a try off a TMM pass.

Still wouldn’t be surprised if Williame gets promoted from 18th either

I had the honour of playing in Sid's last game for North Auckland then as it was known. Ground (always Okara Park for me) was stacked out I dont care if they played the All BLacks, Lions or Springboks that day the North would have won.
Great pub one liner there Watcher - "like the time I signaled Sid that I was open"

8 out of the Dolphins 17 born in Nz.
If you think they are going to give the Nz (get that Nz) Warriors an easy game think again.

No idea what will happen, but I think the team will play with lots of enthusiasm which is usually enough to avoid a hiding. Probably better it’s at Suncorp rather than dolphin oval. TT to get a try off a TMM pass.

Still wouldn’t be surprised if Williame gets promoted from 18th either
Assume Williame is there in case Berry isn't 100%.
We should know when the Cup sides warms up outside North Sydney Oval in around 90 minutes whether Williame and/or Laban went to Brisbane with the first grade side.

Assume Williame is there in case Berry isn't 100%.
We should know when the Cup sides warms up outside North Sydney Oval in around 90 minutes whether Williame and/or Laban went to Brisbane with the first grade side.

Named on the bench those two, so you assume they have to be at the game in Brisbane...

I agree. You are bang on the money about us being rank outsides in this one.

The last time we played the Kiwis in the Dolphins treated it like a NZ SOO scrap, the Bromwich bros went after us and the hits were ferocious both ways.
we pumped them 30-8. 😂
People have short memories, the Dolphins game was played at a frenetic pace and the reason we won was that the Dolphins blew out and were physically stuffed because of the speed we were playing at got to them first...coz they are bigger and we had the star players to shift them with passing around the park.

It is unrealistic to expect our replacement players to match NRL pace in their first outing, they will be blowing hard in the first ten minutes.
We have a younger, fitter squad, that is better rested

we pumped them 30-8. 😂

We have a younger, fitter squad, that is better rested
Like I say, the game was close and brutal till our mobility blew them off the park because they could not keep up.
Wayne looks to have too many of the wrong player build, and his signings look like his old and crusty Newcastle stint. But he has done well with what he has, we on the other hand are ahead of that curve in the evolution of the sport.

I don't see how our cup boys will be fitter, they have been playing cup. But I like your enthusiasm and don't wanna sound negative.

I just think it is a big climb, I am all in for the ride all the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back