Sports Cricket World Cup 2023

Pakistan… again… in a World Cup 🤦‍♂️

They started terribly in that World Cup too, all but ruled out early. I'm not sure who plays the role of Inzamam this year.

Most weren't expecting much from NZ this WC (including myself). I am really happy that they have fought hard in all but one game, and that we have discovered some potential depth that may soften our decline when all our big guns retire. A semi final appearance would be a great result and we are still odds on.

Another close one last night. Only 300 runs in it. Compelling cricket.

It is looking live Ravindra has now picked up a hamstring injury too...hopefully it is minor. He is playing beautifully. After the first over the pitch has settled down and played very well. We will need a big score, though there has been a bit of ball movement in the air. Hopefully Boult can bend it a bit.
I'm looking forward to seeing what Sodhi brings.

Hopefully Pakistan don't turn up with the bat if we put up a score. We have hardly got out of first gear, there are a legion of runs possible here if someone wants to take the game by the scruff of the neck (not that I'm suggesting we do anything different). Par would be 340, hopefully we score more.

Rachin becomes the 22nd player to score 3 total World Cup centuries, and he did it in only one WC in his 8th innings.

And Williamson misses out on joining him on that 3 century list.

Letting slip a bit at the end (not majorly). Still Phillips can hit a big over yet. South Africa's middle order is perfectly suited to this world cup, whereas they may be a bit more exposed in other countries. Being able to capitalise on the runs all top orders are getting with strong finishers is the difference this year.

**then 6, 6, 1, 4!

Hopefully Pakistan don't turn up with the bat if we put up a score. We have hardly got out of first gear, there are a legion of runs possible here if someone wants to take the game by the scruff of the neck (not that I'm suggesting we do anything different). Par would be 340, hopefully we score more.
Yeah, we got a few more runs!!!!

One thing I noticed especially early on with the Pakistani bowlers. They were landing deep in the crease pretty much landing halfway between the two creases.

Sure it means you won't bowl no balls but it also means your bowling further back and it also makes judging your length hard especially if you not landing in a consistent spot.

Back