General Ethical, moral and religious views

Reaction score
fanrrior

fanrrior

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Hey guys, if you click the link below you'll be taken to an awesome site that asks the hard questions on your ethical, moral and religious views. In my philosophy class we took one of the religious ones and was pretty much backed into a wall, which the site happily told us.

Take one of the tests and tell me what you think because at the very least it's interesting stuff that gets the mind thinking.

https://www.philosophyexperiments.com/

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

On compassionate leave
Reaction score
interesting test esp regarding ethical and moral views. I would love for certain people to take this test.

have you done this fanrrior? ill do it later tonight mate.

Reaction score
Inruin

Inruin

Kata Fan Club - Colonel
Contributor
Reaction score
fanrrior, could be interesting to try. how about we start at the top of the list and work down. maybe do one every few days and discuss rather than jumping all over the place. want to start with drowning child?

Reaction score
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Reaction score
I got a 100% consistency score for the fat man one. Essentially, I just kept pushing him onto the tracks, and I tortured him. All of which I would do in real life.

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Reaction score
I got 100% obligation to save a drowning man in Etheopia or some such. But the experement was flawed, the difference on saving a child in front of me drowning in the water is very different to trying to save someone who is miles away and in no immediate peril. or maybe i read the question wrong

Ok yea i read the question wrong i thought i was in the same country as the kid, seems im not so i dont care. 70%

Reaction score
Inruin

Inruin

Kata Fan Club - Colonel
Contributor
Reaction score
I got 100% obligation to save a drowning man in Etheopia or some such. But the experement was flawed, the difference on saving a child in front of me drowning in the water is very different to trying to save someone who is miles away and in no immediate peril. or maybe i read the question wrong

Ok yea i read the question wrong i thought i was in the same country as the kid, seems im not so i dont care. 70%
i'm similar to you grevus. i think that if you see a kid in etheopia thrashing around in a pond, possibly they are not drowning, its probably more likely they are ecstatic at having some water....

I was 100% moral obligation. i'm not sure how you then jump to having to make a donation to oxfam? I can't see the connection between saving a child you know is drowning and giving money to an organisation that may or may not recieve/use all your donation appropriately and without you knowing it is going to save that particular child from drowning. i don't get it? or am i thick?

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
Reaction score
ok did three of them and pulled the plug. The problem i see it with these type of tests is that they only give you an either or situation, they dont allow for a differing opinion that may give the same answer. Eg i think that in the back packer one, that the back packer is an innocent and therefore can not be part of the calculation on survival for the group. In the tram/train situation, which is the same both times, both groups of people have a 50/50 chance. therefore as a person i go for survival of the biggest group first. The reason i say that both senarios are the same is that it doesnt matter if the track loops back or not, by going on the spur the train stops and saves the group.

Reaction score
fanrrior

fanrrior

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
interesting test esp regarding ethical and moral views. I would love for certain people to take this test.

have you done this fanrrior? ill do it later tonight mate.
I did "talking with god" and "would you eat your cat?"

I can't really tell you what it was like until you take it, or your answers would be influenced by what I say. haha

Though I can say the talking with god quiz is good if you aren't involved with a religion, I wouldn't know if it differs for those in one though. Would you eat your cat is quite...... interesting. I had 100% consistency with my answers

Reaction score
fanrrior

fanrrior

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
ok did three of them and pulled the plug. The problem i see it with these type of tests is that they only give you an either or situation, they dont allow for a differing opinion that may give the same answer. Eg i think that in the back packer one, that the back packer is an innocent and therefore can not be part of the calculation on survival for the group. In the tram/train situation, which is the same both times, both groups of people have a 50/50 chance. therefore as a person i go for survival of the biggest group first. The reason i say that both senarios are the same is that it doesnt matter if the track loops back or not, by going on the spur the train stops and saves the group.
It mind f@ked me too. But it does say before you take the test that you can only pick 1 answer, which hasn't, from the ones I've took been longer than a sentence. It's fun to do as a group though as you can take an hour before you finish, because the group keeps arguing as to which answer we should pick; when I say fun I mean in comparison to normal work.

Reaction score
Inruin

Inruin

Kata Fan Club - Colonel
Contributor
Reaction score
so is the lone worker on the spur not also innocent?

Reaction score
Inruin

Inruin

Kata Fan Club - Colonel
Contributor
Reaction score
hmmm, i've done a couple of these and have decided i am either not bright enough to understand some of the words and questions, or/and I am completely indifferent to the questions

Reaction score
Spence

Spence

Sgt. Pepper
Reaction score
I found the God one too limited, as it worded the questions always relating back to the Christian concept of God.

Reaction score
fanrrior

fanrrior

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I found the God one too limited, as it worded the questions always relating back to the Christian concept of God.
Yeah, god was a bit of a douche too.

Reaction score
Spence

Spence

Sgt. Pepper
Reaction score
Yeah, god was a bit of a douche too.
Hah, funny you say that. When I was doing it I thought that the God sounded exactly like you.

NB: Not implying you are a douche; your words, not mine.

Reaction score
fanrrior

fanrrior

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Hah, funny you say that. When I was doing it I thought that the God sounded exactly like you.

NB: Not implying you are a douche; your words, not mine.
Exactly!

There is no need for two of us, and i'm the more important one.

[pick one answer]

[I agree]
[I disagree]

Reaction score
mrblonde

mrblonde

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I got a 100% consistency score for the fat man one. Essentially, I just kept pushing him onto the tracks, and I tortured him. All of which I would do in real life.
I did that one and kinda contradicted myself by A: Saying torture is always wrong and B: Torturing the fat man.

I'm Jack Bauer - the guy from "24", not the Kiwi cyclist. I can do what I want.

Actually, you'd have thought with a name like Jack Bauer, he'd have done better than 10th...

Let's kill the backpacker, shall we?

Reaction score
mrblonde

mrblonde

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Hmmm.

So I think it's morally permissable to kill one bystander to save five, not kill the backpacker and better to let the five patients die. Further more I think there is a significant difference between killing someone and letting someone. I don't think it's morally permissable to treat people as a means to an end but I'l merilly kill the fat single worker to save the thin five ones....

Seems a bit too yes or no, this site.

Reaction score
Rizzah

Rizzah

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmmm.

So I think it's morally permissable to kill one bystander to save five, not kill the backpacker and better to let the five patients die. Further more I think there is a significant difference between killing someone and letting someone. I don't think it's morally permissable to treat people as a means to an end but I'l merilly kill the fat single worker to save the thin five ones....

Seems a bit too yes or no, this site.
Agreed.
I contradicted myself a few times in the various scenarios.. haha
There needs to be
[YES]
[NO]
[DEPENDS]

Interesting exercise none the less

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
Reaction score
was feeling kinda positive this morning so thought i would try another one - went with Your being tourtured in the morning. Shouldnt have bothered, in the very first question there is a phase where someone elses thoughts and attitudes are transfered into your brain. So effectivley you have just been killed. As a point of torture i didnt find this reasuring, so when the site tells me i should no longer worry about my body after this and therefore find it reasuring, i find that a little strange.

Anyway ive done 4 now so i think ive given it a fair go. And dont think illl try any more.

Reaction score
a.c.e

a.c.e

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
im part way through the drowning child act and so far there is no great white and polar bear in a tennis court with a foot of water, whos going to win scenario. Sorrys if I spoiled this for anyone else. :)

Top Bottom