Reactions: Worried2Death

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Promoted , 2 French team in SL 2022
How cool to have a French Derby in ESL.
Has Toulouse got more of a French flavour?
Noticed in the GF Catalans I think only had 1-2 French players? For comparison Saints also had a French player

Reactions: bruce

Viking

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
Jimmy needed to retire going on that performance, no zip left in his legs at all. Drinkwater outplayed him IMO. Dragons really lacked any speedsters, the backs were no threat at all.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
It’s a pretty big city Toulouse, approaching half a million people
I didn't realise it was that small.
I loved the noise the crowds made throughout the games, its one thing the Southern Hemisphere game could take a lead from - both oval sports codes 👍🏾
The French league fans are nutters ( I mean that nicely).

I love them because the Nazis tried to wipe the game out and the union types sided with the Vichy French.

One could never call the league fans surrender monkeys.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
It’s like most cities, it depends how you measure them. Fourth biggest city in France apparently, the wider region has three times that number living there which would make it nearer Manchester/Auckland size
I get it like Wellington, a very small city in a wider region.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
I didn't realise it was that small.

The French league fans are nutters ( I mean that nicely).

I love them because the Nazis tried to wipe the game out and the union types sided with the Vichy French.

One could never call the league fans surrender monkeys.
Toulouse population is 1.03m , .5 m seemed too small to me , so looked it up

• Love

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Some old school traditionalists won’t be happy to see a team from outside of the Heartlands in the SL.
They’ll claim that they don’t bring away fans to games as per the 45k who turned out to Manchester last week. They may also claim that the record of teams outside of NW , NE Yorkshire and Lancashire is not too flash … London, Toronto, Sheffield.
I think it’s fantastic and I’d rather see 2 competitive French teams here, rather than a team from outer Leeds.
Question for me is how do they avoid a possible Yo yo effect? Should they be given a few years in SL without fear of relegation?

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Some old school traditionalists won’t be happy to see a team from outside of the Heartlands in the SL.
Before the Nazis tried to wipe them out they were gaining a foothold.

Sure they were not at the George Hotel in Huddersfield, and can be a bunch of cheats and crooks. The stories I have heard from Kiwis on tour are mind boggling.

Imo it is good to have them in the comp, they are nutters of fans.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings