General ESL 2020

Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

I can see Catalans winning it this year, some of the rugby they are playing is great to watch and they are tough with it.

They’ve just demolished Wakefield

Reactions: 2 users
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

I can see Catalans winning it this year, some of the rugby they are playing is great to watch and they are tough with it.

As a matter of interest give us two forwards and two backs who you think could go well in the NRL. They don't have to be big names.

Reactions: 1 users
Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

As a matter of interest give us two forwards and two backs who you think could go well in the NRL. They don't have to be big names.
I’d always go for youth, players who are going to develop a lot. Try Morgan Smithies and Joe Philbin in the forwards, Harry Newman and Regan Grace In the backs

Reactions: 1 user
Miket12

Miket12

I’d always go for youth, players who are going to develop a lot. Try Morgan Smithies and Joe Philbin in the forwards, Harry Newman and Regan Grace In the backs
Hadn't really seen anything of Harry Newman so I googled him. Do we really need another giant winger (or at least according to Wikipedia)?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

Hadn't really seen anything of Harry Newman so I googled him. Do we really need another giant winger (or at least according to Wikipedia)?

View attachment 43151
Not sure about the 8ft 5 bit mind, good under a high ball though and bigger than what we have.:D:D

Seriously, he’s a centre really who has played wing.

Reactions: 2 users
RobRoyMcCoy

RobRoyMcCoy

Gee Tompkins looked good. It appears he is fully over his injuries and has his confidence back.

Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
If anyone needs an example of the gulf between NRL and ESL they just need to look at the kick chase on Grace's tries there. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck would have a field day.

But yes, impressive step and pace from Grace.

Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

Salford beat Warrington and Leeds beat Wigan to each get to the Challenge Cup Final, Salford for the first time since 1969.

One of my pals is a Salford fan, been watching them since the 1980’s. He missed last years Superleague final as he’d booked a holiday well in advance ( they weren’t exactly tipped to get there) and this year no-one can go. Talk about unlucky

Reactions: 7 users
Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

Tim Sheens has resigned as Widnes coach. I doubt he would have been getting his salary soon anyhow now that the government 80% furlough scheme is ending

Sky Waka

Sky Waka

The Challenge Cup was on last night. Salford got screwed over by the ref again after a controversial decision against Pauli Pauli claiming he didn't get to his feet to play the ball.

He did but then decided to fall over after like we see sometimes. The score was 16 all with 5 or 6 minutes to go and with the next set Leeds were able to kick a drop goal to take a 17-16 lead and that's how it finished.

Reactions: 3 users
Trugoy

Trugoy

The Challenge Cup was on last night. Salford got screwed over by the ref again after a controversial decision against Pauli Pauli claiming he didn't get to his feet to play the ball.

He did but then decided to fall over after like we see sometimes. The score was 16 all with 5 or 6 minutes to go and with the next set Leeds were able to kick a drop goal to take a 17-16 lead and that's how it finished.
Close result. Good game?

Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

On top of that Inu had the ball stripped in a tackle with 2 minutes to go in a very kickable position.Salford very unlucky tbh. Excellent game

Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

Lower leagues professional games looking to return in 2021 with crowds ( they can’t survive without them tbh)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/54593630

Hopefully not too many casualties. My club have been trying to keep afloat through selling more apparel including jerseys, face masks etc, I assume the staff were furloughed then stood down in some way.

Fingers crossed

playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
HY
What is the latest on Toronto? Can you see them coming back in 2021?

Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

HY
What is the latest on Toronto? Can you see them coming back in 2021?
I can see them getting back in, the financial difficulties around Covid are what did for them. If it was my decision I’d want to see how games go in Canada before even thinking about binning Toronto