General ESL 2020

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
I can see Catalans winning it this year, some of the rugby they are playing is great to watch and they are tough with it.

They’ve just demolished Wakefield

As a matter of interest give us two forwards and two backs who you think could go well in the NRL. They don't have to be big names.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
I’d always go for youth, players who are going to develop a lot. Try Morgan Smithies and Joe Philbin in the forwards, Harry Newman and Regan Grace In the backs
Hadn't really seen anything of Harry Newman so I googled him. Do we really need another giant winger (or at least according to Wikipedia)?

1597784130427.png

Last edited:

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
If anyone needs an example of the gulf between NRL and ESL they just need to look at the kick chase on Grace's tries there. RTS would have a field day.

But yes, impressive step and pace from Grace.

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
Salford beat Warrington and Leeds beat Wigan to each get to the Challenge Cup Final, Salford for the first time since 1969.

One of my pals is a Salford fan, been watching them since the 1980’s. He missed last years Superleague final as he’d booked a holiday well in advance ( they weren’t exactly tipped to get there) and this year no-one can go. Talk about unlucky

Sky Waka

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2017
The Challenge Cup was on last night. Salford got screwed over by the ref again after a controversial decision against Pauli Pauli claiming he didn't get to his feet to play the ball.

He did but then decided to fall over after like we see sometimes. The score was 16 all with 5 or 6 minutes to go and with the next set Leeds were able to kick a drop goal to take a 17-16 lead and that's how it finished.

Trugoy

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 3, 2016
The Challenge Cup was on last night. Salford got screwed over by the ref again after a controversial decision against Pauli Pauli claiming he didn't get to his feet to play the ball.

He did but then decided to fall over after like we see sometimes. The score was 16 all with 5 or 6 minutes to go and with the next set Leeds were able to kick a drop goal to take a 17-16 lead and that's how it finished.
Close result. Good game?

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England

On top of that Inu had the ball stripped in a tackle with 2 minutes to go in a very kickable position.Salford very unlucky tbh. Excellent game

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
Lower leagues professional games looking to return in 2021 with crowds ( they can’t survive without them tbh)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/54593630

Hopefully not too many casualties. My club have been trying to keep afloat through selling more apparel including jerseys, face masks etc, I assume the staff were furloughed then stood down in some way.

Fingers crossed

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings