Staff Eric Watson

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
the fight was common knowledge at the time, was in the local papers.

His sentence is for contempt, has nothing to do with the results of the actual court case, which would still be binding. And there could be another judgement of contempt if he continues to hide his money and not disclose to the court. The contempt charges are independant of each other and unrelated to his case they are about his actions that pissed off the judge.
That is what I thought too. I was speaking to a Watson fan :rolleyes: tonight and he said the opposite. Also the Judge is really pissed off with him. Rule numbers one and two, NEVER insult the Judge.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
NZ Herald reported today that the Judge has told Watson if he hadn’t tested positive for COVID, the Judge would have sentenced him to six months instead of the four months Watson received.

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
NZ Herald reported today that the Judge has told Watson if he hadn’t tested positive for COVID, the Judge would have sentenced him to six months instead of the four months Watson received.
I hope the judge asked him for evidence of this. Watson sounds like the sort of bloke who would get wheeled into court in a bed to wriggle out of something

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Watsons mate Mark Hotchin was crying poor a few years ago when the authorities were after him over Hanover. Complaining about how little they were allowing him and his squeeze to live on the Gold Coast. Now he has spent $80 million on properties.

Give Watson a couple of years and he will be doing the same.

I will say again, the man who saved the Warriors, yeah farking right. :mad:

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
Watsons mate Mark Hotchin was crying poor a few years ago when the authorities were after him over Hanover. Complaining about how little they were allowing him and his squeeze to live on the Gold Coast. Now he has spent $80 million on properties.

Give Watson a couple of years and he will be doing the same.

I will say again, the man who saved the Warriors, yeah farking right. :mad:
Yeah (insert Tui advertising) farkin right. Sold all our best players off to ESL. Put the club back 20 years

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Yeah (insert Tui advertising) farkin right. Sold all our best players off to ESL. Put the club back 20 years
Wether you like him or not we had our most successful seasons under him- Jones and Ali were the main losses but Ali was Mick not Eric trying to prove a point. Even Stacy was 30 when he left, a little early but his best years were behind him. Who would you say the other stars we lost were?

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Wether you like him or not we had our most successful seasons under him- Jones and Ali were the main losses but Ali was Mick not Eric trying to prove a point. Even Stacy was 30 when he left, a little early but his best years were behind him. Who would you say the other stars we lost were?
A fish rots from the head down. Watson is like Donald Trump, he is and never was a successful businessman, he is just a con man.

Now for better or worse the club is owned by a successful businessman and I believe we will see the benefit of that.

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
Would have to do some research but as I remember Ali Stacey Paleasina and lots of others. Will look up

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Would have to do some research but as I remember Ali Stacey Paleasina and lots of others. Will look up
Yeah Paleasina had potential and wish he had stayed but the way he was used is he was only really an impact sub. Could maybe put Toopi, Tony, Faumuina, Faafili, Meli in there but they had all become shadows of their peaks and most were pretty much never heard from again.

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
Yeah Paleasina had potential and wish he had stayed but the way he was used is he was only really an impact sub. Could maybe put Toopi, Tony, Faumuina, Faafili, Meli in there but they had all become shadows of their peaks and most were pretty much never heard from again.
You are probably correct but Watson did sell them off. I am sure there are many others

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
Remember Louis Anderson, Lauaki, Hape, Faafili,Toopi,Meli, Swann,Ngamu,Hoppe,Joe Vagana,Blackmore . The list goes on & on.For what ever reason they left for SL during Eric Watsons reign at the club.Theres a shit load more also.In Steve Prices (I guy I think we all trust )he says Eric Watson was very confrontational towards the players or words to that effect.He also left a $4.6 million debt after reportedly purchasing the club for $1-00 in 2000

Last edited:

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Remember Louis Anderson, Lauaki, Hape, Faafili,Toopi,Meli, Swann,Ngamu,Hoppe,Joe Vagana,Blackmore . The list goes on & on.For what ever reason they left for SL during Eric Watsons reign at the club.Theres a shit load more also.In Steve Prices (I guy I think we all trust )he says Eric Watson was very confrontational towards the players or words to that effect.He also left a $4.6 million debt after reportedly purchasing the club for $1-00 in 2000
The likes of Ngamu, Hoppe and Vagana all left in 99-00 before Watson so can’t blame him there. Blackmore was brought back to the club for his last season before he retired in Watson’s first year...
I was disappointed in Vinnie Anderson going but he along with Hape were just starting out and hadn’t really established themselves yet- Hape for instance didn’t make the Kiwis until 2 years after he left, even them I don’t remember him being a standout, even in Union he was more of a utility rather than a first choice.
Lauaki at times had good impact off the bench but was very error prone and was probably the right call to move him on.
The others as mentioned earlier had seen a massive decline in form and weren’t the players they were in 01-03 and were replaced.

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
The likes of Ngamu, Hoppe and Vagana all left in 99-00 before Watson so can’t blame him there. Blackmore was brought back to the club for his last season before he retired in Watson’s first year...
I was disappointed in Vinnie Anderson going but he along with Hape were just starting out and hadn’t really established themselves yet- Hape for instance didn’t make the Kiwis until 2 years after he left, even them I don’t remember him being a standout, even in Union he was more of a utility rather than a first choice.
Lauaki at times had good impact off the bench but was very error prone and was probably the right call to move him on.
The others as mentioned earlier had seen a massive decline in form and weren’t the players they were in 01-03 and were replaced.
What about the other 20/30 & I understand you cannot keep them all but we/he had a clean out every year.Not many went to other NRL clubs .Most went to England for big money.Jerry Seu Seu, Joe Vagana ,Meli,Etc etc.And please explain the $4.6 million fuckin hole.He turned nothing (his input )into a $4.6 million hole .Was his dear old Mum only giving him handouts as he is claiming now

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
Those guys left 1999 because Watson was taking over

• Haha
Reactions: Inruin

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Hope you’re right, can’t be too many chances to get it right left
Watson was like many of the pre 1987 millionaires. They didn't own a bloody thing that wasn't in hock yet banks still gave them money because they sounded successful.

Graham Lowe and the NRL thought Watson sounded successful.

Anybody with any common sense should have been warned by his buying Powerbuy in England, not long after he had been gifted the club. His own shareholders were up in arms, but no, not the league world, he was the man who saved our club.

The money he lost on that Powerbuy deal, and considering he had bugger all else that wasn't hocked, was probably the start of the need to find an Owen Glenn.

Yet people will still vote for Donald Trump, and people will still say Eric Watson saved our club. :rolleyes:

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Watson was like many of the pre 1987 millionaires. They didn't own a bloody thing that wasn't in hock yet banks still gave them money because they sounded successful.

Graham Lowe and the NRL thought Watson sounded successful.

Anybody with any common sense should have been warned by his buying Powerbuy in England, not long after he had been gifted the club. His own shareholders were up in arms, but no, not the league world, he was the man who saved our club.

The money he lost on that Powerbuy deal, and considering he had bugger all else that wasn't hocked, was probably the start of the need to find an Owen Glenn.

Yet people will still vote for Donald Trump, and people will still say Eric Watson saved our club. :rolleyes:
I don’t think many were arguing Watson hasnt got some skeletons with his business dealings- but who else was lining up to ‘buy’ the club when he came along?
Some forget the climate at the time, the NRL cut clubs from 3 markets of around 2million each in Perth, Brisbane and Adelaide- there was a real risk we could be in the same boat and still not back in the comp. Our TV money likely saved us but still costs needed to be cut and we could have been one of the unlucky ones.

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
I don’t think many were arguing Watson hasnt got some skeletons with his business dealings- but who else was lining up to ‘buy’ the club when he came along?
Some forget the climate at the time, the NRL cut clubs from 3 markets of around 2million each in Perth, Brisbane and Adelaide- there was a real risk we could be in the same boat and still not back in the comp. Our TV money likely saved us but still costs needed to be cut and we could have been one of the unlucky ones.
Just read a very insightful article on spinoff about Trevor McKewen(former CEO) & his experience with Watson & the Warriors.Suggest anyone who really wants the truth of the matter to look up & read .Very worthwhile

Reactions: matiunz and Rizzah

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings