Staff Eric Watson

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
Actually he was in the right that time. It was a fancy restaurant and Crowe was being a drunken embarrassment and made a smart comment to Watson about the Warriors, so he dealt to him in the toilets.

Absolutely. I wouldn't want to spend a one night in any prison.

I am not sure but I think the issue will be ongoing i.e. if he still doesn't fess up after two months the Judge can put him back inside.

Just ask yourself, would you be prepared to spend four months eating porridge for $200 million?
Yeah absolutely .Not sure about the big MF though

Reactions: bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
the fight was common knowledge at the time, was in the local papers.

His sentence is for contempt, has nothing to do with the results of the actual court case, which would still be binding. And there could be another judgement of contempt if he continues to hide his money and not disclose to the court. The contempt charges are independant of each other and unrelated to his case they are about his actions that pissed off the judge.
That is what I thought too. I was speaking to a Watson fan :rolleyes: tonight and he said the opposite. Also the Judge is really pissed off with him. Rule numbers one and two, NEVER insult the Judge.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
He might end up in there with Russ when they find out about all his crimes at Souths with the Burgess brothers, they're worse than the Krays
I know they are serious dickheads, the whole three, but the Kray brothers...get real.

• Haha
Reactions: Worried2Death

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
Really? care to share? Honest question.
I’ve never met her, just seem the photos.

She reminds me of something that happened to a friend at an ESL final about 15 years ago. Halfway up the steps to his seat his work colleague (senior partner at a Manchester law firm) was met by a female monster wearing a Bradford shirt. ‘Ooh are u supportin’ luv?’ was the challenge. Apparently he whimpered, ‘er, er Bradford’

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Worried2Death

Off The Bench

1st Grade Fringe
Jan 26, 2014
The way these things normally work is he’ll be out after 2 months. Maybe that’s a price he thinks is worth paying to keep the whereabouts of his remaining wealth a secret, I don’t know if the judge can compel him to reveal this when he finishes his criminal sentence.

I only found out the other day that he’d once had a fight in a London restaurant with Russell Crowe. A long time ago now, 2002, and not sure if it’s common knowledge. Plod turned out but no charges
Most fights are no charges .
Police can't be bothered
.An if it's between two males they don't care

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
NZ Herald reported today that the Judge has told Watson if he hadn’t tested positive for COVID, the Judge would have sentenced him to six months instead of the four months Watson received.

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
NZ Herald reported today that the Judge has told Watson if he hadn’t tested positive for COVID, the Judge would have sentenced him to six months instead of the four months Watson received.
I hope the judge asked him for evidence of this. Watson sounds like the sort of bloke who would get wheeled into court in a bed to wriggle out of something

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings