Internationals England RLWC2013 Campaign

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Rangi Chase have left the squad to be with his pregnant partner and is taking his axing badly! To hard to post a link via my phone!
Chase walks out after missing England selection
DAVID LONG IN LONDON
Last updated 07:57 23/11/2013

astatic2.stuff.co.nz_1385145418_808_9434808.jpg

MICHAEL STEELE/Getty Images
NOT WANTED: Kiwi-born Rangi Chase missed England selection for their Rugby League World Cup semifinal against the Kiwis, and asked to leave the team set-up.

Rangi Chase has walked out of the England team ahead of their Rugby League World Cup semifinal game against the Kiwis.

The New Zealand born five-eighth was controversially dropped by England coach, Steve McNamara, for this weekend's game at Wembley Stadium. But rather than with the team and show his support, he asked to leave the camp and that permission was granted.

"He has asked for a bit of time at home," revealed McNamara when he was asked why Chase was absent from the captain's run overnight.

"He wasn't selected this week, so he's asked for that time at home and we were happy to grant that permission, so he is back home with his family."

Chase won't be at the game, which kicks off at 2am Sunday morning (NZ time), and would return to the team on Monday, if England beat the Kiwis.

McNamara said it was a tough decision to leave Chase out of the team, but he believed it was the right call.

"Every time you make a decision, every time you pick an international team it's big decisions," he said.

"Rangi and Kevin have played together for a fair period of time, but I'm very confident this week that Gareth Widdop and Kevin Sinfield are the right combination for us to go with.

"You've got to remember that Gareth dislocated his hip in June (playing for the Storm), he only played three games when he came back, at the back end of the season. He has trained extremely hard and he's put himself in a really good position to start this game."

For a player to not want to be part of the team just because he hasn't been selected is a rare and bizarre decision and it does bring into question Chase's loyalty to England.

McNamara though is trying to play down his absence.

"There is no issue whatsoever for me with him," he said.

"He wasn't selected, people deal with that in different ways.

"Rangi has been been really good for this team for a long period of time.

"But as a coach I have to make decisions based on what I believe is right every single week for the team and I've done that this week and I'm really pleased with the team that we're going to put out against New Zealand."

When asked his opinion of the New Zealand side, McNamara said he'd been impressed with them throughout the World Cup.

"Everybody has tried to stop them and no one has achieved that yet," he said.

"They have steamrolled everyone. They are scoring lots of points and not conceding many. Great individuals. They are a really, really good team and reigning champions."

Rugby League World Cup | Chase Walks Out After Missing... | Stuff.co.nz

The Duke of Cambridge sent a letter to the England team apologizing for not being able to be there.

He did say he will be watching the game.

Long Live the King ! ( when your turn comes son , at least you remembered the Leaguees )

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Good game :( not the result I'd hoped for but I think the greater depth, and composure of your squad showed in the end.

Not the steam rollering that some predicted thankfully.

Now if you can beat the Aussies next week I'll still be happy.
England were really unlucky not to win. They dominated for the most part and played out of their skins.

Two pieces of individual brilliance won it for us. Dean Whares pass back to Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Johnsons last minute try. As awesome as that was, that wont do it against Australia.

Still stoked with the win though...

Reactions: RidingPie
England were really unlucky not to win. They dominated for the most part and played out of their skins.

Two pieces of individual brilliance won it for us. Dean Whares pass back to Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Johnsons last minute try. As awesome as that was, that wont do it against Australia.

Still stoked with the win though...
There was far too much jungle football being played-made me as angry as an MF..what was Kearney thinking playing Kasiano for that long and starting Taylor?? and Bully can't play his best if everyone is trying to offload all the time..
Well done the English, Sinfield is the Mantis IMO..

Good game :( not the result I'd hoped for but I think the greater depth, and composure of your squad showed in the end.

Not the steam rollering that some predicted thankfully.

Now if you can beat the Aussies next week I'll still be happy.
She was a hard one to lose , I was getting ready to congratulate you and your team till the least minute.
Magnificent performance from England. They played better than us , an opportunist win to the Kiwis.

Now the RLIF need to decide what's happening next year! I've been left wanting more quality international rugby from this tournament.

That said I'm still at the match next weekend. Can't quite afford a kiwi shirt so I'll probably wear my black Wigan strip, while shouting myself horse.

That game was a credit to both teams and the old cliche of League was the winner on the day. When they look back on that performance in a couple of days England players and supporters should look back on that performance with pride. Now we just need Sam Burgess and Graham to go to a tanning salon, dye their hair black and say nothing but 'Churr Bro' for the next week and give them NZ jerseys for the final.

I love my Kiwis but I love rugby league more. Gutted for England, Kiwis had no right to win that game we were dominated in every aspect of the game.
Don't be ridiculous, how can you be gutted for the opposition, if they dominated the whole game they win, although I don't know, I'm guessing the two teams had the lead for a similar number of minutes and no matter how you look at it the Kiwis had to work damn hard for that tick in the win column, I don't care if every person in England is upset, sooner them than me.

I love my Kiwis but I love rugby league more. Gutted for England, Kiwis had no right to win that game we were dominated in every aspect of the game.
The Kiwi's played panic football for 70 minutes, pushing the pass to often, nearly everyone was guilty of it, SBW had a great game in parts but did some dumb shit too. Bromwhich and Matulino should have started, Kasiano was left on for far too long, Mannering is a sucky leader,Taylor shouldn't of started and should of had minimal minutes, Nightingale isn't the same player he is on the right. The way the pack played in general didn't allow Luke to play his natural game.
There were some scratchy decisions that allowed the English to either gain or maintain momentum.

View attachment 3290 Ithought we were gonners. England were good.

Wow, what a beautiful stadium, wish I was there![DOUBLEPOST=1385321677][/DOUBLEPOST]Geez I loved the pommy crowd in the second semi , booing the kangaroos every time they scored, haha, gonna be a repeat of the 2008 final most of the pommy fans will be backing the Kiwis to beat the green scums.

Wow, what a beautiful stadium, wish I was there![DOUBLEPOST=1385321677][/DOUBLEPOST]Geez I loved the pommy crowd in the second semi , booing the kangaroos every time they scored, haha, gonna be a repeat of the 2008 final most of the pommy fans will be backing the Kiwis to beat the green scums.

reminds me of the pom supporters at the 2008 final cheering for the kiwis

especially when Billy gave Benji that try

was absolutely immense and I think it helped us out a lot

Respect

reminds me of the pom supporters at the 2008 final cheering for the kiwis

especially when Billy gave Benji that try

was absolutely immense and I think it helped us out a lot

Respect

Nathan Cayless actually took the World Cup towards the pommy fans after the game as a thank you to them, even acknowledged their support in his speech, the Kiwis were inspired by that type of support, it went a long way to helping us defeat Ozzy and I hope the pom fans do the same in this final and support us again.

If it were England and Ozzy in the final I'd be backing the poms, can't stand the kangaroos, just arrogant ass clowns.

Don't be ridiculous, how can you be gutted for the opposition, if they dominated the whole game they win, although I don't know, I'm guessing the two teams had the lead for a similar number of minutes and no matter how you look at it the Kiwis had to work damn hard for that tick in the win column, I don't care if every person in England is upset, sooner them than me.

I am happy we won as well, but there is nothing wrong in showing respect for the English side, they earnt it.

Reactions: RidingPie