General End Of Regular Season ...

roosterfan

Waterboy
Aug 11, 2012
Hello Finals footy...

So with my beloved chooks out and the warriors in the same boat who are you backing?

If lol@souff$ made it i would die a slow death, same with the bullscum and manly ... of course, this is a chooks supporter bread and butter.

I can't for the life of me support any side of NSW with the exception for the warriors, of course! That leaves the bournecheaters and cowpuffs out as well. Looks like is going to be the Sharkies and Raiders. Tigpies wont put 12 on the bournecheats.

sigh, roll on 2013 eh

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2012
Invercargill
No question for me. Inu and the Bulldogs!

Dragons have always been my second team, but this year I have really taken a liking to the Dogs (even with Hasler in charge, who I absolutely despised when at Manly), and they look the goods to me. I was a bit concerned about going into the finals on the back of such a long winning streak, but I believe the Raiders loss was the best thing that could have happened to them.

Inu to score twice in the GF.

bigstu

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
want manly to win they've been the most dominant side in the past 3-4 years and thats without cheating. hoping for a manly vs bulldogs final melbourne and the bunnies will loose in the semi. cowboys are a wildcard they could surprise afew

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2012
Invercargill
Manly have surpassed the Cheats as my most hated team. I hate every thing about the club. Especially the way they have gotten away with so much over the past few years because of the supposed "Gallop vs Stewart" battle. The NRL have backed down on every threat with Manly. I thought it may have changed with Des Hasler gone but Toovey is taking up where he left off, and Hasler is just doing the biz.

If I was Gallop last year, I simply wouldn't have handed over the GF ring until the Stewarts shook his hand.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
I'd like to see one of the Sydney teams such as Cronulla or Souths win this year. I think it'll come down to:
Manly
Dogs
Storm

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Why I don't want the Bunnies to win? I don't think I could bear lol@worriers

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Mar 30, 2012
Auckland
Bulldogs, just because I think they've played the best football all season.

A part of me would also like to see the Storm win a premiership, a legitimate one. I know not many will agree, but I think Slater, Smith and Cronk - combined with Bellamy as coach have produced some fantastic stuff, which is very easy to watch. They're all nearing 30, I think they deserve one.

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2012
Invercargill

A part of me would also like to see the Storm win a premiership, a legitimate one. I know not many will agree, but I think Slater, Smith and Cronk - combined with Bellamy as coach have produced some fantastic stuff, which is very easy to watch. They're all nearing 30, I think they deserve one.
I may be beating a dead horse, but I still think the Storm are benefitting from the salary cap rort by continuing with the big 3. There is no way they would have had the funds to attract all 3 of them at once if they had not cheated the cap, so I still have enough of an issue with it to say that they will never win a Premiership legitimately with these 3 still in the same team. By retaining them on lower salaries they didn't suffer enough of as punishment because they were advantaged when they negotiated their new salaries because they wanted to remain at the club. They could not have bought 3 top class players like that fairly.

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Mar 30, 2012
Auckland
I may be beating a dead horse, but I still think the Storm are benefitting from the salary cap rort by continuing with the big 3. There is no way they would have had the funds to attract all 3 of them at once if they had not cheated the cap, so I still have enough of an issue with it to say that they will never win a Premiership legitimately with these 3 still in the same team. By retaining them on lower salaries they didn't suffer enough of as punishment because they were advantaged when they negotiated their new salaries because they wanted to remain at the club. They could not have bought 3 top class players like that fairly.

Ah yeah, that's been well documented. Though I still refuse to believe it was all a big conspiracy with all players in on the finances. I don't necessarily think those 3 in particular deserve to miss out on a premiership during their whole career(s) because of it. That's just my view, I know many others think they should be deprived of everything until the roster has completely rolled over.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland

Love them or hate them the Bellamy coached Storm team with the 'big 3' (as well as players like Manu, Blair, Smith, Finch, Inglis, Folau... list goes on) have not only dominated the competition for almost the last decade, they have been the benchmark that other teams gauge themselves and have also revolutionised the way the game is played. Just like the broncos before them and the Green Machines before that, this team will go down as the best of the last decade. By the way, dont start on me about cheating and stuff because I hate the Storm (I believe they are our true arch rivals, not the Broncos). Just stating my version of the truth, your entitled to yours.

Sparky

Warriors Bench Player
Jul 22, 2012
It would be *amazing* if the Raiders came through and won. I have a soft spot, tho, for the Bunnies and hope they get to the Grand Final. But the Doggies, a team which I used to dislike, mainly coz of their off-field shenanigans back in about 2004, have played some really entertaining footy this year. They've gotta be the ones to beat.

Sparky

Warriors Bench Player
Jul 22, 2012
I may be beating a dead horse, but I still think the Storm are benefitting from the salary cap rort by continuing with the big 3. There is no way they would have had the funds to attract all 3 of them at once if they had not cheated the cap.......

Hang on a minute! All 3 of them, and Greg Inglis too, they started their NRL careers with the Storm. Over-paying (busting the cap) to retain them maybe, but there wasn't any cheque-book-waving style attracting to get them there.

ShaunJohnson7

1st Grade Fringe
May 9, 2012
Raiders to come from 8th like 94

lol their team today is nothing like the 94 team.......Meninga, Daley, Steve Walters, Brad Clyde, Wiki, Negas, Nadruku, Furner, Mullens, Ricky Stuart, Pongia, Paul Osbourne, Jason Crocker....I think thats the best team on paper ive ever seen haha.

Reactions: mt.wellington

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings