Featured Player Eliesa Katoa

Discussion in 'Warriors Discussion' started by ForTheLoveOfGod, Feb 11, 2019.

1. ForTheLoveOfGod
    Join:
    Sep 5, 2017

ForTheLoveOfGod 1st Grade Fringe

I have heard from a very good source that the Warriors are absolutely raving to have locked down Eliesa Katoa.

Apparently, the guy is lighting up pre-season and a marvel to watch, particularly with ball in hand. My source said he belongs in the same category of player as Ali Lauitiiti, SBW, Kikau and Sonny Fai. Eliesa offers something much more dangerous than we currently have in the forwards. O'Sullivan has pulled a special with this kid.

Eliesea is big, athletic and powerful they think he could develop very quickly. Projected NRL player by 2020. Don't be surprised to see him named in one of the trial games off the bench.

Watch this kid, you heard it here on this forum first, he is going to be a special Warrior.

2. shuffle
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

shuffle 1st Grade Fringe

Is this the Rugby Union prospect from Tamaki College?

3. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

Miket12 Warriors 1st Grader

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

4. Fazz
    Join:
    Apr 12, 2012

Fazz 1st Grade Fringe

So this is our first piece of PoS magic, then? Will be interesting to see how he goes over next few years. I'm assuming he's still eligible for Jersey Flegg? If he's the goods, might see him in ISP later in the year.

5. WellingtonOrca
    Join:
    Aug 14, 2012

WellingtonOrca 1st Grade Fringe

Interesting, according to this article Link has been hidden. Please Register to view. he'd never even played League before and didn't know he was on the Warriors' radar till the end of the year.

6. ForTheLoveOfGod
    Join:
    Sep 5, 2017

Heard ball in hand he is carving through lines making the senior take notice. POS magic alright. The hype is real with him.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Penpal
    Join:
    Mar 22, 2014

Penpal Warriors Bench Player

Think I may have posted this on a different thread previously. Don't get too excited it's not he 1a comp. It's 1b and looks like defence was optional but an exciting prospect nevertheless. Fingers crossed.
    Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

8. Penpal
    Join:
    Mar 22, 2014

Penpal Warriors Bench Player

And one from 2016
    Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

9. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

We will see what happens when somebody like Adam Crichton puts him on his arse. The kid looks the goods and they have obviously signed him for a reason but how many talented young boppers has this club brought through the juniors?

10. Worried2Death
    Join:
    Mar 6, 2016

Worried2Death 1st Grade Fringe

None like this kid Bruce, he's about to go off like Krakatoa I'm telling you, he's like a hybrid of Lauiti'iti and Maumalo except he's probably faster than Ken. Let's not talk him up too much though.

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. valpy73
    Join:
    Apr 29, 2016

valpy73 Warriors Bench Player

If that's the case hopefully we can unearth alot more

12. davewjnz
    Join:
    Mar 10, 2013

davewjnz 1st Grade Fringe

Looks to have the raw goods and from that report of him at training looks to have the drive to go far.
    Earned his ticket here through a scholarship while touring NZ with a Tongan rugby school team ending up at Tamaki College.
    If he develops well and takes the NRL by storm I hope the Kiwi's don't make a play for him. He's played all his rugby in Tonga up until now.
    IMO he has earned the right to be here learning and developing his craft. Maybe a little pre-mature but I hope he does come good for the Warriors.
    He is exactly the kind of young player the Tongan team need.
    Even Bruce would be in agreement with that...

Wait, *How many years does he need to be here to be eligible to be a Kiwi again?* LOL
    Will be interesting to see how he develops, I wish him well...

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. shuffle
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

shuffle 1st Grade Fringe

It’s good maybe we finally have our own David Fafita or Payne “in the” Haas.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. fizurg
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

fizurg 1st Grade Fringe

Anyone have any rough stats of his height and weight?

15. ForTheLoveOfGod
    Join:
    Sep 5, 2017

Around 6'2 - 6'3
    Around 106 - 110kg

Just saw they are starting to include him in the club promotions. Here are a few photos with him. The real tall guy is Jackson Frei (Prop) Who is around 6'5 -6'6

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

16. Tony Martin
    Join:
    Jun 4, 2016

Tony Martin 1st Grade Fringe

Payne haas was a warrior at one point. Wish he was still with us. He will be one of the best juniors running around next year if he stays on the paddock.

Katoa reminds me a lot of Shannon Frizell. Apparently had a few clubs from both codes after him

17. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

He is Tongan, he can play for Tonga, no problem there. What sort of team would Tonga have if they all had to be born there though? Just asking like.
    I agree and he has been signed by guys who know their trade, that is very different to those who signed Albert Vete and Sam Lisone.

However in comparison although I have liked big Ken for a long time now I always kept a bit of enthusiasm back until after he got put on his arse by Adam Crighton. It was a decent hit and I reckon I could hear the bells ringing in Kens head. Yet the big guy got up and played on and has showed no easing off in enthusiasm for the big hits.

That was what I meant, because right now Katoa is raw potential, we won't know until he meets somebody just as good.

18. Worried2Death
    Join:
    Mar 6, 2016

Worried2Death 1st Grade Fringe

All true Bruce, but I don't think Eli's trajectory into the NRL will be as rocky as Ken's, who had to do a lot of learning on the field, the poor kid was thrown out there like a giant lamb to the works. We have much better brains in the coaching dept now so I expect him to be more prepared than Ken was before he runs into anyone.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  19. Weno
    Join:
    Nov 3, 2012

Weno 1st Grade Fringe

Well looking at Sestino with Bam and Tane Milne who is a big bugger.
    Pretty confident he will feature prominently in the ISP Cup
    Has a good frame on him which is still growing.

Hope Katoa can come through for his own sake.
    Only seen Feka,Ali and Sonny Fai burst onto the scene and make the NRL take notice.
    Frei could be a bolter as well?

20. JaggedJ
    Join:
    Apr 19, 2018

JaggedJ 1st Grade Fringe

Until I see this guy leading the pack up sand dunes I refuse to get excited.

• Funny Funny x 18
    • Like Like x 3
    • List