Player Eliesa Katoa

Reaction score

ForTheLoveOfGod

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
WOW OK!! a couple of very interesting names there for sure! The type that make me think the Warriors are changing the way they recruit and play the game. Its clear they want to eliminate the mistakes of the past and the now!

It was reported that Adam Pompey was rated by Peter O'Sullivan when he first signed him as his greatest find while at the Roosters. Was seen as a once in a generation talent. He would only be 19/20 now and apparently, his dream was to play alongside RTS. Can play everywhere from halves to fullback. but his best position is probably centre. Adding Pompey and Milne shows the Warriors are looking for a very athletic type of centre and will be backing one of these two to kick on and be special. Roosters trademark is to have dynamic centres. Looks similar to Jerome Ropati but bigger! Our recruiter is doing their job. Impressive.

Selestino Ravutaumada we know about. Will be a star, super highly rated and very excellent reason. very special player. Centre/wing.

Eliesa Katoa is essentially a clone of Sio Siua Taukeiaho with a bit of Fusitua thrown into his DNA. Very athletic player and decent size about him.

Last edited:
Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Big boy. But he'll need to harden up a bit so he doesn't get smashed like Payne Haas got by Klemmer.

He looks like a big pup to me. Big but still a pup.
if they don't bite when they are a pup, they will never bite. So my guess is he bites.

Reaction score

ForTheLoveOfGod

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I have heard from a very good source that the Warriors are absolutely raving to have locked down Eliesa Katoa.

Apparently, the guy is lighting up pre-season and a marvel to watch, particularly with ball in hand. My source said he belongs in the same category of player as Ali Lauitiiti, SBW, Kikau and Sonny Fai. Eliesa offers something much more dangerous than we currently have in the forwards. O'Sullivan has pulled a special with this kid.

Eliesea is big, athletic and powerful they think he could develop very quickly. Projected NRL player by 2020. Don't be surprised to see him named in one of the trial games off the bench.

Watch this kid, you heard it here on this forum first, he is going to be a special Warrior.

Reaction score

shuffle

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Is this the Rugby Union prospect from Tamaki College?

Reaction score
Fazz

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
So this is our first piece of PoS magic, then? Will be interesting to see how he goes over next few years. I'm assuming he's still eligible for Jersey Flegg? If he's the goods, might see him in ISP later in the year.

Reaction score

Penpal

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
Think I may have posted this on a different thread previously. Don't get too excited it's not he 1a comp. It's 1b and looks like defence was optional but an exciting prospect nevertheless. Fingers crossed.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Heard ball in hand he is carving through lines making the senior take notice. POS magic alright. The hype is real with him.
We will see what happens when somebody like Adam Crichton puts him on his arse. The kid looks the goods and they have obviously signed him for a reason but how many talented young boppers has this club brought through the juniors?

Reaction score
Worried2Death

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
We will see what happens when somebody like Adam Crichton puts him on his arse. The kid looks the goods and they have obviously signed him for a reason but how many talented young boppers has this club brought through the juniors?
None like this kid Bruce, he's about to go off like Krakatoa I'm telling you, he's like a hybrid of Lauiti'iti and Maumalo except he's probably faster than Ken. Let's not talk him up too much though.

Reaction score

valpy73

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
If that's the case hopefully we can unearth alot more

Reaction score
davewjnz

davewjnz

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Looks to have the raw goods and from that report of him at training looks to have the drive to go far.
Earned his ticket here through a scholarship while touring NZ with a Tongan rugby school team ending up at Tamaki College.
If he develops well and takes the NRL by storm I hope the Kiwi's don't make a play for him. He's played all his rugby in Tonga up until now.
IMO he has earned the right to be here learning and developing his craft. Maybe a little pre-mature but I hope he does come good for the Warriors.
He is exactly the kind of young player the Tongan team need.
Even Bruce would be in agreement with that...

Wait, *How many years does he need to be here to be eligible to be a Kiwi again?* LOL
Will be interesting to see how he develops, I wish him well...

Reaction score
fizurg

fizurg

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Anyone have any rough stats of his height and weight?

Top Bottom