General E Games.

I have a XBox series x. I got the XBox mainly because of the XBox game pass. It allows me to get the games on my PC currently playing Fallout: New Vegas.
Here is an article on the differences on their subscription services.

Reactions: Once A Warrior
I'm still running the xbox one. If I were to upgrade I would stick with Xbox, atleast until PS5 comes close to matching Gamepass which they're still some way off.

I have a XBox series x. I got the XBox mainly because of the XBox game pass. It allows me to get the games on my PC currently playing Fallout: New Vegas.
I've been playing Playstation since resident evil and Jonah Lomu rugby came out!

Flight simulator amd simulator games in general have converted me!

I've been playing Playstation since resident evil and Jonah Lomu rugby came out!

Flight simulator amd simulator games in general have converted me!

Loved both games. Would have regular Lomu tournaments with mates.

Resident Evil was a fav franchise. Would love to see more games like RE2 where you have to play through both characters to get the full story.

Reactions: matiunz and Toookey

Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
I have a PS5. The Xbox library doesn't honestly interest me and I find PS exclusives just tend to be better. Helps I have a half decent PC so the rare Xbox/PC exclusive I can also play (Microsoft Flight Simulator was a big driving factor in upgrading my PC).

I also use my PC as an HTPC and run Big Box/launchbox with my fairly extensive emulation library. Love to jam out to some old mega drive and arcade games.

Last edited:
I have a PS5. The Xbox library doesn't honestly interest me and I find PS exclusives just tend to be better. Helps I have a half decent PC so the rare Xbox/PC exclusive I can also play (Microsoft Flight Simulator was a big driving factor in upgrading my PC).

I also use my PC as as a HTPC and run Big Box/launchbox with my fairly extensive emulation library. Love to jam out to some old mega drive and arcade games.
Oh you got it on PC! Man this game is so good!

Reactions: Kestrel84

Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
You have any add-ons you really like?
I honestly haven't experimented, but looking at some of them available I feel like I'm missing out.

I also started the Halo Collection recently but I'm not really feeling it. Not sure I missed much all those years ago.

How good were the kicking mechanics on lomu!!!!

Kicking and passing was great. Crazy that with all the technology upgrades they've failed to get the controller mechanics right since then.

My favourite move was to hold the pass button, wait for someone to do a diving tackle, and let go for the offload.

I was the only one of my group who mastered that and killed them everytime.

• Haha
Reactions: Toookey
I honestly haven't experimented, but looking at some of them available I feel like I'm missing out.

I also started the Halo Collection recently but I'm not really feeling it. Not sure I missed much all those years ago.

I'm going to say yes and no on the missing out on Halo thing. I recently tried playing Halo Infinite when it was released earlier this year and came away with a feeling of "this feels the same as every other Halo" and got bored quickly.

I think it's just a case of Halo having been surpassed by others who have built and improved on it.

So yeah if you're just picking it up now it's nothing special but back when first released it was on another level. So you aren't missing out now but maybe did back then. Who knows, everyone has their own taste I guess.

It would be comparable to people who played Halo when it was first released going back to play original Doom or Wolfenstein. Every game gets dated eventually.

Such a tight game.

drunk_monk

Contributor
I've got a PS5 and Series X.
The PS5 controller is amazing, and the new PS+ is pretty good.

The Series X is way better if you have a whānau because you can put more than 1 game to sleep at a time.

So I can be playing something, turn off my console, my boy can start it and play Minecraft, and then I can launch my game again and play from where I left off.

Game Pass on Xbox is insaaaaaane value

Reactions: Once A Warrior
Kicking and passing was great. Crazy that with all the technology upgrades they've failed to get the controller mechanics right since then.

My favourite move was to hold the pass button, wait for someone to do a diving tackle, and let go for the offload.

I was the only one of my group who mastered that and killed them everytime.
Me and the boys made rules you weren't allowed to use it, along with rucking with the square button 😂

• Haha
Reactions: matiunz and Toookey
I've got a PS5 and Series X.
The PS5 controller is amazing, and the new PS+ is pretty good.

The Series X is way better if you have a whānau because you can put more than 1 game to sleep at a time.

So I can be playing something, turn off my console, my boy can start it and play Minecraft, and then I can launch my game again and play from where I left off.

Game Pass on Xbox is insaaaaaane value
Just got the kids to bed an hour before normal time 😂 off to buy an XBox!!!! leshgo!!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: drunk_monk