Sports Black Caps

Not good that Kyle Jamieson has picked up another injury, but at the same time pretty excited to see if Ben Sears gets a go now. Does anyone know if he's a 140+k bowler?

Not good that Kyle Jamieson has picked up another injury, but at the same time pretty excited to see if Ben Sears gets a go now. Does anyone know if he's a 140+k bowler?
From what i remember when he first made the Black Caps he was a 145k+ bowler. Somewhere theres an article where Devon Conway says he's the fastest bowler hes faced. However in typical black cap fashion as soon as we unearth a genuine quick they break down. Was injured all last season interesting to see how he comes back.

A lot of criticism for the batting is valid. Latham is not under threat but dreadfully out of form.

Nicholls I'm sure has played his last test. He rightfully got first shot after his previous innings 200* but his record in the past 3 years is atrocious.

Considering Phillips has been the pick of the spinners, Ravi for Nicholls is a simple swap for test 2.

All that being said, my big concern is the bowling. Our two specilaist spinners have taken less than half the wickets between them and gone at 4 RPO - that is suicide in the sub-continent.

Wags in for Sodhi is my pick

1. Latham
2. Conway
3. Williamson
4. Ravindra
5. Mitchell
6. Phillips
7. Blundell
8. Jamieson
9. Wagner
10. Southee
11. Patel
There is just no room for a petel in NZ Conditions. Spin in general is a tough selection.

1 T Latham
2 D Conway
3 K Williamson
4 D Mitchell
5 R Ravindra
6 G Phillips
7 T Blundell wk
8 K Jamieson
9 M Henry
10 N Wagner
11 T Southee c

I see they are looking to the future for the next ODI world cup this series. Then why the fuck is Nicholls and Blundell selected!?

They missed an opportunity to play Allen today which I don't get.

You could of drop Nicholls and Blundell for Seifert and Foxcroft.

1 R Ravindra
2 F Allen
3 W Young
4 T Latham wk
5 M Chapman
6 D Foxcroft
7 J Clarkson
8 K Jamieson
9 A Milne
10 I Sodhi
11 W O'Rourke

Hopefully Ashok gets a go in the next game. O'Rourke while a little expensive yesterday looks like a good prospect. Was getting some awkward bounce from that height and his yorker at the end was a beauty. They need to give him a run in all 3 games.

Hopefully Ashok gets a go in the next game. O'Rourke while a little expensive yesterday looks like a good prospect. Was getting some awkward bounce from that height and his yorker at the end was a beauty. They need to give him a run in all 3 games.
Tbh he didnt look very threatning. Mid 130s, ball angling back in, tall lad so he'll get bounce but Bangladesh looked very comfortable against him (and Duffy for that matter), got inside the line and able to help the ball on its way with ease. Probably didnt threaten the stumps enough for my liking, and its concerning how big that gap is to our next tier of pace bowlers.

Early days tho and as u say he should play all 3 games, Hope to see incremental improvements as he gets more comfortable. Excited to see how Ashok develops as well.......we certainly need to be putting the ground work into these newbies now.

Ashok on debut, usually good batting deck in Nelson but exciting nonetheless

Ashok on debut, usually good batting deck in Nelson but exciting nonetheless
Geez Adam Milne not doing the rookies any favours.

Runs Clarkson out for 1 in the first game......now drops one off Ashok (albeit a difficult one) who's bowling impressively. Bangers 116/4

Absolutely thrashed. Outplayed in all parts of the game. Time for a new coach (about 3 years ago). Didn't respond to the conditions with the bat, nor with the ball strangely.

Didn't have a clue.

Booked the test for Aus in Welly, but only the first four days, not picking we'll go 5 but please pleasantly surprise me.

And show some grit.

Absolutely thrashed. Outplayed in all parts of the game. Time for a new coach (about 3 years ago). Didn't respond to the conditions with the bat, nor with the ball strangely.

Didn't have a clue.

Booked the test for Aus in Welly, but only the first four days, not picking we'll go 5 but please pleasantly surprise me.

And show some grit.
That was a warriors in aus after 2 years of covid performance

Back