• Warriors Slaying!

• Warriors 12-

• Warriors JANFIN Special by 6

• Dragons 12-

• Dragons Scorching!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dragons, like the Warriors, performed better than expected. They are a top team on the table but if you listened to League commentators throughout the season they have been saying Dragons arent a top 4 team and they probably wouldnt be there at the end of the year.
That might be true. But they';ve been out bogey team from the beginning.

Now we've beaten them twice in the same season. That's cause for celebration.

That might be true. But they';ve been out bogey team from the beginning.

Now we've beaten them twice in the same season. That's cause for celebration.
I dont really buy into the bogey team stuff, thats players individual hangups, but the players change every few years. The only reason they have beaten the Warriors historically is probably because they had a better team. Today, they lost 2 props and had a player sent off, and they still managed to nearly finish over the top of the Warriors, thats not good

Reactions: Fearmuss
I dont really buy into the bogey team stuff, thats players individual hangups, but the players change every few years. The only reason they have beaten the Warriors historically is probably because they had a better team. Today, they lost 2 props and had a player sent off, and they still managed to nearly finish over the top of the Warriors, thats not good
Hoodoos exist for good reasons imo.

This was a great win for out club.

I don't know why we've struggled in this game over the years. But we've surely struggled. And to overcome that struggle today is a great occasion afaic.

Who knows what happens next week. But tonight we are victors.

Reactions: Off The Bench

Or our 'go to' has been lobbing bombs to an in form Gypsy for years and he's safe as houses RIP.
This game could have been a complete shut out if Fusitua didn’t make those rare mistakes. I watched the game with a few mates and at the start when he caught that high ball I said “this bloke never makes any mistakes” and then he had the worst game he’s had in his life. Thanks bro but your forgiven because it’s you.

He has been starved for involvement since Hiku was replaced (apart from being a prop), he probably has a case of the Maumalos.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Aman and jonno

Who fucking cares. This stage of the season it's about getting the 2. No matter how you do it, get the 2. Next week is a different game and so is the one after that and yes, last week was a different game too.

Reactions: 3rdstriker
This game could have been a complete shut out if Fusitua didn’t make those rare mistakes. I watched the game with a few mates and at the start when he caught that high ball I said “this bloke never makes any mistakes” and then he had the worst game he’s had in his life. Thanks bro but your forgiven because it’s you.

Thanks Aman, next week can you just not say anything,,,,,, unless it's about Kata

They beat the Warriors by playing second phase, doing a Warriors on the Warriors, and because they are much more disciplined around defending that higher risk offload game they are the better team.

I have watched them with interest over the years to really try to understand the so called hoodoo...what they do is they use the back three to dummy half run and then those players shift the ball at the line one tackle past the B defencders and tend to find the Warriors wanting when players are retiring the ten meters...the Warrior defenders on the edge of the middle third are so often populated by lazy attacking forward types like Mateo and Lisone which the Warriors coaches try to hide there beside people like Mannering who are meant to do their work for them either in the middle or on the edges....the Dragons used Gordon Tallis to beat us by fifty plus...and never changed that template against us thereafter.

Last edited:
Dragons by 30. It’ll be 40-4 or something like that. This team has decided that they’ve done enough for 2018. If you can’t get up for a game on the Gold Coast against a side with no finals hopes, then you won’t go anywhere against a side we rarely beat in a location we never win.

There is no difference between this side and the pathetic sides of the last 5 seasons other than the way they started the year.

All valid points under normal circumstances... except this is the warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.