Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They got in on Cindy's goofy smile and the covid PR last time. Heyzeuss knows how well National would have gone with some genuine talent at the top.
It was looking like they were going to be a one term government before COVID hit. The writing has been on the wall for a while and Jacinda could read it enough to get out instead of having a massive loss on her CV.

Do you think that the gangs will be shaking in their boots
Yes. It's a Saturday night. They won't be paying attention to the election they will be at their pads drinking and smoking weed.

So one that can dance will be shaking. Some of the staunch ones will be sitting in the corner comparing the lengths of their mullets.

It's a bit disappointing because I think they do have some good ideas/policies. It is so difficult for any new party to either get 5% or to win an electorate seat. You need an existing party like Labour or National to give the sly wink for them like ACT in order to get a starting point.
Yup. Our system is very much like capitalism, rich get richer.

Would be nice for it to change but it's not going to change in the next 6 years.

Some interesting results. Especially Mt Albert.

Some big names losing their seats. Glad to see Phil Twyford losing he was terrible. Had two of Labours biggest 2017 election initiatives and botched them.

Michael Wood was talked about as a potential leader. After his share disclosure issues he said his electorate supported him. It seems like he went out and found a small echo chamber and felt he was sweet.

I don't know much about this.. on the surface it seems wrong that these Maori seats can potentially affect the making up of the government even though TPM have quite a low party vote?
The Maori seats were created by the Apartheid whites who founded this racist country.

Therefore it is a case of reap what you sow.

When the Maori seats were created there were more Maori in NZ than Pakeha, therefore white people decided to rort democracy by creating these seats which prevented Maori voting in the general election.

Therefore I have zero sympathy now that whites outnumber us after land theft and white immigration to steal a nation off its rightful owners.

Maori were allowed to participate in this 'democracy' once they were outnumbered and were guaranteed to never have a government, the Maori seats are a left over from those racist un democratic policies.

As such it is somewhat of a disgrace to complain about them given the reason they were created to stop Maori voting in this countries elections.

Pretty crap on TV3. They had the Maori party leader being interviewed and in the middle of some interesting questions they cut off to Winston Peters giving a speech.

I know its big to hear specific leaders and Winston traditionally gets attention but they had one of the leaders who has done well this election and the cut him off.

Pretty crap on TV3. They had the Maori party leader being interviewed and in the middle of some interesting questions they cut off to Winston Peters giving a speech.

I know its big to hear specific leaders and Winston traditionally gets attention but they had one of the leaders who has done well this election and the cut him off.
Yeah, that was poor. Could easily have finished with Rawiri and played slightly delayed Winston speech.

What‘s amazing me is not just the seats like Mt Albert and Mt Roskill most likely going Blue but the Greens picking up two more electoral seats and four more to the Maori Party. When you think that Labour won 65 seats last time and 50% of the party vote to now looking like only having 33 seats and 26% of the party vote, they’ve lost just under 50% of the support they had last election.

It is quite a turn around. You would think after our first majority government under MMP it would go back to a coalition for the next election and then get voted out. Or they might go through two elections with their number of seats their coalition goes down.

Instead we have gone from a majority to voted out.

Back