Makes Groundhog Day look original
I wonder how long before you get turned into a tax haven if it happens

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Reaction score
The program "The loudest voice"https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Loudest_Voice is on Soho at present. I didn't know about this guy, a fat ugly right wing creep who it seems had a hand in starting the right wing moves on Afghanistan and Iraq post 9/11. Anything about US right wing politics is about as scary as it can get.
Its scary reading when you see something like this that was founded to make money, by the use of charisma rather than facts, and how it turns into a self indulgent baby that grows and grows until it becomes the number one news service, peddling fake news and lies to the most important country of our generation.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Its scary reading when you see something like this that was founded to make money, by the use of charisma rather than facts, and how it turns into a self indulgent baby that grows and grows until it becomes the number one news service, peddling fake news and lies to the most important country of our generation.
From all accounts Murdoch just wanted to make money and this guy was available after being sacked...again..for chasing pussy. The dude took it from there and Murdoch went for the ride. Murdoch is pretty right wing, but Ailes was on another planet. Glad the dude is dead.

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
Reaction score
From all accounts Murdoch just wanted to make money and this guy was available after being sacked...again..for chasing pussy. The dude took it from there and Murdoch went for the ride. Murdoch is pretty right wing, but Ailes was on another planet. Glad the dude is dead.
Yea but look at the baby he left behind. And this time i dont mean the orange painted hair piece shitting in the white house.

Reaction score
BiggerD

BiggerD

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
There is a doco on Netflix about elections and Facebook. It is called the Great Hack. It shows how Trump was elected, and how they got Brexit through, and basically means democracy is almost dead. They use Facebook to identify the fuckwits in the electorate and bombard them with fake news to get them to vote your way. A serious watch, and it isn't funny.

Reaction score
matiunz

matiunz

Piss it off!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
There is a doco on Netflix about elections and Facebook. It is called the Great Hack. It shows how Trump was elected, and how they got Brexit through, and basically means democracy is almost dead. They use Facebook to identify the fuckwits in the electorate and bombard them with fake news to get them to vote your way. A serious watch, and it isn't funny.
Interesting thing I’ve often heard the opposite, Facebook/social media at times gets influxed with the ‘vocal minority’ screaming loudly and often as they have a platform to do so and it is assumed that they represent public opinion. When the silent majority then eventuate a different outcome it is seen as a shock.
Need to be a bit careful with social media and to be honest media in general as most have a very strong agenda and will often strongly censor people that don’t agree with them meaning only one side has a platform to get their message out there.
Not trying to be all tin foil hat brigade but I have found lately if something sounds not quite right look into it closer and it’s often not 100% true. The standard of fact checking and truth bending out there now is scary

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting thing I’ve often heard the opposite, Facebook/social media at times gets influxed with the ‘vocal minority’ screaming loudly and often as they have a platform to do so and it is assumed that they represent public opinion. When the silent majority then eventuate a different outcome it is seen as a shock.
Need to be a bit careful with social media and to be honest media in general as most have a very strong agenda and will often strongly censor people that don’t agree with them meaning only one side has a platform to get their message out there.
Not trying to be all tin foil hat brigade but I have found lately if something sounds not quite right look into it closer and it’s often not 100% true. The standard of fact checking and truth bending out there now is scary
but the truth is out there, if you chose to look for it. The problem is its now up to the individual to fact check.

When looking at Trump it is so fucken obvious to the world that he's incompetent, a liar and a con artist. But in America they believe what they want to believe. They ignore all proof and go with what he says, no the economy is not in trouble because of his tariffs, its fucken wonderful. He just said so. But the figures. Oh who cares about figures. This literally sums up the attitude his supporters have. They literally can say a racial slur and then blame the other fella because hes black and its his fault that its racial. Why, because to not do so, somehow implies they are wrong, and americans cant be wrong.

To tell the truth this is happening everywhere at the moment. Look at the environment debate. 99% of all scientists agree that shit is happening now. The details of the debate should be about refining the data or the different ways of managing the response. But no people are still saying that its made up. Ask someone over 60 and there's a good chance that they really dont see a problem. Sydney just had 8 days over 25 degrees in winter and they cant see a problem. Nice weather were having isnt it. In the middle of winter, right...

And lets not get on to the fact that so many people need someone to look down upon, someone that they can say is ignorant and doesnt understand their situation, Like Israel Folau, who will happily stand up and tell people anything he wants even when it goes against his own contract and then will say that they are being ignorant savages and limiting his rights to discriminate against all these ignorant savages.

<BTW I have always accepted the title of ignorant, as to me its a statement of unknowing that can be easily fixed by doing some research.>

Hmm starting to think the weeks NRL shit against the warriors has put me in a Taj state of mind. Where are my rainbows. Stop eating the butterflies

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
This story is based on fact. They have fixed elections in Trinidad and Tobago, Myanmar and then Brexit and Trump. They said Brexit was the test case for the big one, Trump.

By using Facebook data they identified a small area in key states with impressionable voters and bombarded them with fake news. The key arguments were that although those people had their right to vote they might not have even done so if they had not been bombarded with fake news.

If I recall large areas of the UK, including Ulster voted strongly to remain in the EU. It seems a few fuckwits who wouldn't know the time of day, and who lived in other areas, were bombarded with fake news and made the difference.

There is a good series on Soho right now called the Loudest Voice, starring Russell Crowe. It is about Fox News. It is a true story and is mind boggling.

So we see Trump on Twitter and on TV talking absolute shite and we wonder how anybody could take the guy seriously. The answer is most people don't, but those idiots who do get identified by Facebook and encouraged to vote.

Low voter turnout usually favours non conservative parties, this time it didn't, because of Facebook. I guess an answer is that if people really value democracy they should make sure they get out and vote.

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
Reaction score
This story is based on fact. They have fixed elections in Trinidad and Tobago, Myanmar and then Brexit and Trump. They said Brexit was the test case for the big one, Trump.

By using Facebook data they identified a small area in key states with impressionable voters and bombarded them with fake news. The key arguments were that although those people had their right to vote they might not have even done so if they had not been bombarded with fake news.

If I recall large areas of the UK, including Ulster voted strongly to remain in the EU. It seems a few fuckwits who wouldn't know the time of day, and who lived in other areas, were bombarded with fake news and made the difference.

There is a good series on Soho right now called the Loudest Voice, starring Russell Crowe. It is about Fox News. It is a true story and is mind boggling.

So we see Trump on Twitter and on TV talking absolute shite and we wonder how anybody could take the guy seriously. The answer is most people don't, but those idiots who do get identified by Facebook and encouraged to vote.

Low voter turnout usually favours non conservative parties, this time it didn't, because of Facebook. I guess an answer is that if people really value democracy they should make sure they get out and vote.
and thats the key right there

I guess an answer is that if people really value democracy they should make sure they get out and vote.

Reaction score
Miket12

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
D4A63F94-7DDE-4D4F-96BA-4A62D4179B53.jpeg

Reaction score
snake77

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Had a look this morning my stocks have taken a bit of a hit.

You only hear about the stock market from the funny haired one unless its up and then it's how the economy loves him.

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
Reaction score
Had a look this morning my stocks have taken a bit of a hit.

You only hear about the stock market from the funny haired one unless its up and then it's how the economy loves him.
Yea, pretty sure I saw something about him adding a trillion dollars to the debt of america - yeah nahh I am way out..
Its only a recession that hes causing. You know - Jobs, homes, incomes. Nothing that would hurt his true supporters. Those with Money. And those without brains.

However there is always another view point.
While China suffers from the departure of high margin production, the U.S. will still enjoy low-cost imports from other Asian countries. In a world of surplus goods and services, the buyer has the upper hand. Therefore, the U.S. should win the trade war with China. But the long-term gain that follows the short-term pain may be limited by China’s determined challenge for world domination.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
But the long-term gain that follows the short-term pain may be limited by China’s determined challenge for world domination.
China is on a won way course for world domination. Xi is sort of similar to Putin in that there is one way out of his job, and that is in a box. So he cannot be seen to be backing down to any half wit US president or he is stuffed. Troubling signs ahead.

Reaction score
Miket12

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
CEB56E8A-B708-477E-88EA-3576050FA861.jpeg

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
She being such a lousy candidate sure helped Trump get elected. Heyzeuss spare me though has there ever been such a dickhead as US President?

Reaction score
matiunz

matiunz

Piss it off!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
She being such a lousy candidate sure helped Trump get elected. Heyzeuss spare me though has there ever been such a dickhead as US President?
What’s the bet if Hillary got elected she’d get a free pass in the press though.
Even this round of potential candidates fall apart pretty quickly under light scrutiny too

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
Reaction score
What’s the bet if Hillary got elected she’d get a free pass in the press though.
Even this round of potential candidates fall apart pretty quickly under light scrutiny too
I dont think she would. Obama didnt, Clinton didnt, why would his wife? With Obama it was just that no one cared because he seemed so normal. Bit like every other countries president. However, with Nut Case In Charge. its like watching a really bad tv show, where you know the bad guy will get his in the end and you just tune in trying to see that one thing. Seriously have you ever watched this much about any other president anywhere?

Top Bottom