bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
An answer to a weird question after 1/6.

Both the Senate Republican Leader and the House Republican Leader publicly accused Trump of causing 6/1.

However within a day the house leader was at Mar A Logo sucking up to Trump.

So WTF happened?

Trump had raised over US$100 million, way more than the Republican Party and was continuing to earn more than them.

It was HIS campaign money, not the Republican Party.

He had told Kevin McCarthy he was going to start his own party with the money.

They took his bluff and let him own the GOP, it was the dumb, that simple.

Just IMO they must hate his guts, and many commentators have picked this up.

If so they will be working out a way to get rid of the prick, sure as eggs.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
An answer to a weird question after 1/6.

Both the Senate Republican Leader and the House Republican Leader publicly accused Trump of causing 6/1.

However within a day the house leader was at Mar A Logo sucking up to Trump.

So WTF happened?

Trump had raised over US$100 million, way more than the Republican Party and was continuing to earn more than them.

It was HIS campaign money, not the Republican Party.

He had told Kevin McCarthy he was going to start his own party with the money.

They took his bluff and let him own the GOP, it was the dumb, that simple.

Just IMO they must hate his guts, and many commentators have picked this up.

If so they will be working out a way to get rid of the prick, sure as eggs.
Which is dead right, just like Hilary and crew coming up with a false document like Russiagate. The elites in either party dont want outsiders rocking their gray boat.

It was a shame as it was a unique time for an outsider to get in. Shame it was Trump but even if it was someone decent the machine would oppose them.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Which is dead right, just like Hilary and crew coming up with a false document like Russiagate.
The Democrats picked the worst possible candidate. The corporations have their money in both places.

I think they picked the wrong guy with Trump though. What they can do about him remains to be seen.

I just watched this today, brand new, from Fiona Hill. Her book is a sellout, and no wonder why, she has a real gift at making things sound simple.

This is her take on how Trump got to power, and what it will take to get rid of him. It is over an hour so strap in, but a very good watch.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
Both American Political Parties represent the American 'Donor' class which are the billionaires and the Corporations, they argue with each other around the edges, but really they are on the same page

As for their media, look at who sponsors their programs, Pfizer, Raytheon, Boeing, all the big boys.

Reactions: bruce

Mr Dragon

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2015
Both American Political Parties represent the American 'Donor' class which are the billionaires and the Corporations, they argue with each other around the edges, but really they are on the same page

As for their media, look at who sponsors their programs, Pfizer, Raytheon, Boeing, all the big boys.
The Democrats are just as shitty as the Republicans.

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Interesting post.

I don't read any Murdoch newspapers so was interested to see what was written. To be honest a very watered down version of events, as to be expected of a Murdoch rag.

I have been following this closely, and here is my take:

Because of the gerrymander, the Republicans are strongly favoured to take both Congress and the Senate in November 2022.

It is almost certain they will cancel the Congressional investigation immediately, so Trump is playing for time, and in Bannon's case it will probably be after the election that he comes up for trial.

If he is convicted he could go to prison for 12 months and will not be pardoned by Biden. So he will probably plead guilty and go for a plea bargain after November 2022.

However he will be up for hefty legal bills, that Trump will not pay, he never does. He makes plenty from his podcast anyway so will be a hero with the MAGA crowd and get plenty of donations.

So why did they bother indicting him? Why didn't they just use their Congressional power to arrest him and hold him until he testified. As far as I know it has never been done, and would really inflame things with the MAGA crowd.

However, they have other witnesses who have little money, not great career prospects, and will not be supported by the right wing money men e.g. Charles Koch.

The smart people seem to think that a few of these will crack, and spill the beans.

The Congressional Committee know what happened, and have done for some time. They just have to be able to prove it. So they don't really need Bannon, or the other heavies. There were plenty of aides in on the conversation e.g. Kelly Anne Conway, who will probably not risk their necks for Trump.

For example Trump told Kellyanne Conway he knew he had lost the election on the the night of the results.

This is going to be a hell of a bun fight, that the moderate Republicans will benefit from. Liz Cheney is not a moderate Republican, she will be a stooge for the money men, and might even run for President. At least she is sane.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
Interesting post.

I don't read any Murdoch newspapers so was interested to see what was written. To be honest a very watered down version of events, as to be expected of a Murdoch rag.

I have been following this closely, and here is my take:

Because of the gerrymander, the Republicans are strongly favoured to take both Congress and the Senate in November 2022.

It is almost certain they will cancel the Congressional investigation immediately, so Trump is playing for time, and in Bannon's case it will probably be after the election that he comes up for trial.

If he is convicted he could go to prison for 12 months and will not be pardoned by Biden. So he will probably plead guilty and go for a plea bargain after November 2022.
They are all stooges for the money men, no matter which Party.
However he will be up for hefty legal bills, that Trump will not pay, he never does. He makes plenty from his podcast anyway so will be a hero with the MAGA crowd and get plenty of donations.

So why did they bother indicting him? Why didn't they just use their Congressional power to arrest him and hold him until he testified. As far as I know it has never been done, and would really inflame things with the MAGA crowd.

However, they have other witnesses who have little money, not great career prospects, and will not be supported by the right wing money men e.g. Charles Koch.

The smart people seem to think that a few of these will crack, and spill the beans.

The Congressional Committee know what happened, and have done for some time. They just have to be able to prove it. So they don't really need Bannon, or the other heavies. There were plenty of aides in on the conversation e.g. Kelly Anne Conway, who will probably not risk their necks for Trump.

For example Trump told Kellyanne Conway he knew he had lost the election on the the night of the results.

This is going to be a hell of a bun fight, that the moderate Republicans will benefit from. Liz Cheney is not a moderate Republican, she will be a stooge for the money men, and might even run for President. At least she is sane.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
The word from Bob Woodward that the grand jury against Steve Bannon for ignoring the Congress subpoena was not just looking at the subpoena.

The Grand Jury has already issued an indictment on the subpoena issue but apparently they have not finished with the matter.

Nobody knows what goes on in a grand jury but Woodward said he would not be surprised if Bannon gets indicted for conspiracy over 6/1, and if so where would that leave Donald Trump?

1637393606255.png

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
All's not lost, just growing pains for racist white America according to this

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Noitall and bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
All's not lost, just growing pains for racist white America according to this
I fear it is lost.

The lower IQ white guy wants a good job and doesn't realise that those days are gone because of automation and competition with Asia...and they ain't coming back.

So they are angry and want to tear the joint down, many Texans even want to secede.

I haven't read Fiona Hill's book yet (have to wait until after Christmas and the price reduces) but in her opinion unless the working class in the blue states have their economic status improved democracy is at risk.

She is an expert in security risks, so I will believe her. She and Anne Applebaum seem to be saying the same thing.

They are both experts on eastern Europe and can see the disease spreading.

This isn't just a Merkin thing.

Mr Dragon

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2015
I fear it is lost.

The lower IQ white guy wants a good job and doesn't realise that those days are gone because of automation and competition with Asia...and they ain't coming back.

So they are angry and want to tear the joint down, many Texans even want to secede.

I haven't read Fiona Hill's book yet (have to wait until after Christmas and the price reduces) but in her opinion unless the working class in the blue states have their economic status improved democracy is at risk.

She is an expert in security risks, so I will believe her. She and Anne Applebaum seem to be saying the same thing.

They are both experts on eastern Europe and can see the disease spreading.

This isn't just a Merkin thing.
You forget about the Latino's who are also in the same boat as working class white Americans, that makes a big voting block of disgruntle people who hate Biden.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings