bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I can see a joke in there about insinuating voters are a flock of sheep...
No joking.
I am deadly serious. Sheep farmers used to run this country. Federated Farmers were a very powerful lobby.
That is why it took so long for John Allum to get the Harbour Bridge.
Sheep farming went downhill after 1967 and hasn't stopped.
Now Federated Farmers are begging for members.
Dairy farmers are an important part of the economy but have no political clout compared with the sheep farmers way back then.

Reactions: Sup42

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
No joking.
I am deadly serious. Sheep farmers used to run this country. Federated Farmers were a very powerful lobby.
That is why it took so long for John Allum to get the Harbour Bridge.
Sheep farming went downhill after 1967 and hasn't stopped.
Now Federated Farmers are begging for members.
Dairy farmers are an important part of the economy but have no political clout compared with the sheep farmers way back then.
Farmers were seen as rich due to their access to overseas funds. You needed overseas funds to buy most high end imports like cars, manufacturing equipment etc.

Anyone who exported (mainly to the uk back then) got paid in British pounds which were regarded as overseas funds.

NZ had very limited imports of anything resembling "luxury" goods in the 50's and 60's.

My old man bought a new '62 Zodiac as he was left an endowment in the UK.

We never knew what colour it was until it arrived. Nor was there any choice. But it was a brand new car.

Changed days.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Farmers were seen as rich due to their access to overseas funds.
These were the big sheep farmers. They lived in big country homes, their kids went to schools like Kings College, Scots College and Christs College.

They were usually heavily involved in politics. They dressed conservatively, were usually strong silent types and provided a hell of a lot of employment to rural Maori.

During the Korean war, when Europe was on its knees economically, wool was in massive demand, especially from the Chinese. Some were disappointed that they were allowed to bid, feverishly, at local wool sales for wool for their soldiers.

Wellington lived on the back of the lower North Island sheep farmers. The meat works, wool through the ports, three major car manufacturing plants and two tire factories.

They ignored Auckland.

In 1967 the wool price crashed. It was a hell of a shock to the economy. These days nobody knows or cares.

Now you can barely give wool away.

On the flip side dairy farmers were hard working types, who usually started as share milkers, worked very hard, were very tight with their money and were looked down upon as yokels by the big wool guys.

• Love
Reactions: Sup42 and Akkerz

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
These were the big sheep farmers. They lived in big country homes, their kids went to schools like Kings College, Scots College and Christs College.

They were usually heavily involved in politics. They dressed conservatively, were usually strong silent types and provided a hell of a lot of employment to rural Maori.

During the Korean war, when Europe was on its knees economically, wool was in massive demand, especially from the Chinese. Some were disappointed that they were allowed to bid, feverishly, at local wool sales for wool for their soldiers.

Wellington lived on the back of the lower North Island sheep farmers. The meat works, wool through the ports, three major car manufacturing plants and two tire factories.

They ignored Auckland.

In 1967 the wool price crashed. It was a hell of a shock to the economy. These days nobody knows or cares.

Now you can barely give wool away.

On the flip side dairy farmers were hard working types, who usually started as share milkers, worked very hard, were very tight with their money and were looked down upon as yokels by the big wool guys.
I married into old farming money, people who were at the top table of Sheep and Dairy.

Old pioneering Canterbury family.

Everything you say is true. It was like meet the fockers....well the flockers.

I was offered jobs without any experience to get me out of a 'womans job'.

Christmas get togethers were interesting. I rocked up in my Warriors jersey with beer from the opposition major NZ Brewery to the family firm....

It all went well and truly down hill when on a beach holiday, I brought my own magarine with me....yes I was that much of a prick to them....but hey....if you say League is for monkeys I am going to be a real prick about it.

New Years out come the cigars, they do not smoke, but the ritual thing drives them....so I asked a mate of mine who was from Latin America to source some hand made Cuban Cigars....much bigger ones than theirs....

Fooking farmers ffs....Christ College snobs....my Cigar is bigger than your cigar.....Freud and all that...

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Old pioneering Canterbury family.
An acquired taste, being a Jaffa would be bad enough, but with a Warriors jersey FFS. :wtf:

I did not have much to do with the southern men.

The guys I met were from the North Island. One in particular was the famous All Black Ian Kirkpatrick and some of his mates.

I have to say he was an absolute gentleman, and a man mountain, he was one of my rugby heroes.

They had a polite way of behaving. They were genuine hard men but very decent.

I also met many other sheep farmers in my work. Very decent hard working types IMO.

So my comment wasn't so much about the farmers being bad types, it was just they didn't have much time for Auckland politically.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Ted Cruz is an embarrassment to humanity. The same week after he makes himself a dick in Texas, but then today he does this in questioning Merrick Garland. It was a known fact that Obama deliberately has sweet FA to do with his AG. Trump was the one who politicized the AG, or maybe even Nixon.

What a total farkwit

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Ted Cruz is an embarrassment to humanity. The same week after he makes himself a dick in Texas, but then today he does this in questioning Merrick Garland. It was a known fact that Obama deliberately has sweet FA to do with his AG. Trump was the one who politicized the AG, or maybe even Nixon.

What a total farkwit

Yes he is a human fuckwit.

What about Trumps Bumb boy DOJ appointee.

Trumps personal Lawyer William Barr.

He is dirty, he incited the insurrection, so he is trying to deflect.

• Love
Reactions: bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Michael Cohen is a slimy bastard, but everything he has said since he split with Trump has been 100% true.

One I really remember is when Trump said for the Proud Boys to stand back and stand by. Cohen said at the time that Trump knew exactly what he was saying and was waiting for the time to say it. That has been proved to be true.

He is sure this tax thing is going to lead to prison, because he went to prison for the same thing that Trump will be found guilty of. Interesting times.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
The supreme court ruling Trumpty Dumbty has to answer for his Taxes is the end of the line for the Orange fruit.

Poetry that the SNDY have enlisted the guy that took down the real Teflon Don.

Trump is going down. I cannot wait to see that shit get what he deserves.

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Finally we might get some American justice, unless it's just a show trial by Putin's boys and China Joe, personally I hope he gets executed by Epstein's boys, that's if the CIA, Russia, the CCP, North Korea, the Mexicans, and everyone who fell for the Qanon con don't get him first.

Last edited:

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Finally we might get some American justice, unless it's just a show trial by Putin's boys and China Joe, personally I hope he gets executed by Epstein's boys, that's if the CIA, Russia, the CCP, North Korea, the Mexicans, and everyone who fell for the Qanon con don't get him first.
When Kennedy was assassinated one of the problems they had was who wanted to kill him the least.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
This will be a tough fight. The SCOTUS sat on the case for no reason at all for months. There is a statute of limitations ticking and Cy Vance finished up at the end of the year.

However, some good news from Glenn Kirschner:

Basically because Bannon accepted a pardon that is a guilty plea to state tax fraud. Dumb bastard. They will use it to turn on Trump

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
Just reading a story on newshub of a republican party conference with a golden statue of Donald trump which has started theories of idol worship. Senators like cruz and all present. Seems it really is a cult.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Just reading a story on newshub of a republican party conference with a golden statue of Donald trump which has started theories of idol worship. Senators like cruz and all present. Seems it really is a cult.
Almost makes me convinced the Bible is real.

The Israelites who followed the Prophet Moses, despite seeing the miracles of the Angel of death killing the first born of the Egyptians, the plagues and pestilence, the parting of the red sea....turned from Gods teaching and began worshipping the golden calf.

Knowing that Evangelical Christians follow this man, is humorous....in that...if the Christian bible is true...every fat inbred KFC chomping one of em is going directly to hell according the the Christian Bible and the beware false prophets and graven idols warning in the bible.

These retards are so fucked up that a heathen like me can see their creed cllearer than they can.

As a student of history It disgusts me that these Christians know their own history less than some dabbler like me...stupid people really piss me off, and none more than bashers who know less of their own creed than an agnostic like me.

I am sure real Christians and Jews will back up what I am saying that these clowns are too dumb to even understand their own religion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Akkerz and bruce

Upcoming Match

Gold Coast Titans Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings