Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I know this point will go nowhere with some because they choose not to accept facts.

A global pandemic is not an idea. It is not a thing that can be debated.

When these fuckwits who think their ideas matter create massive populations of Covid infections, they threaten the rights of us who want to live free of this threat.

Poor Vaccine uptake is akin to only treating part of the body with an Antibiotic.

Your ideas are going to kill the rest of us because your stupidity in thinking Covid is an idea, something that can be debated.

It is a scientific fact and it can only be addressed by science.

The entitlement of the uneducated right wing is the problem.

Stupid people, risk our continued existence as a species because of their 'right' to be stupid.

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
I know this point will go nowhere with some because they choose not to accept facts.

When these fuckwits who think their ideas matter create massive populations of Covid infections, they threaten the rights of us who want to live free of this threat.

Poor Vaccine uptake is akin to only treating part of the body with an Antibiotic.

Your ideas are going to kill the rest of us because your stupidity in thinking Covid is an idea, something that can be debated.

Stupid people, risk our continued existence as a species because of their 'right' to be stupid.
I totally agree with you, I just don't think there's any reasoning with some.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Nature is cruel by its definition. In nature if you are weak or cannot survive by yourself you will die. Natural selection; survival of the fittest. Nature shapes and moulds ecosystems.

Nature is everything humans have strived to get away from.

Except Americans. They are the closest to a natural society.

It’s not wrong, just different

Homo Sapiens evolutionary advantage is their brains.

I agree, America is populated by many slow apes. This is a natural thing, and they will be selected out of the race because of a failure to progress as a population.

As you say it is not wrong, but I disagree that it is different. Evolution is full of dumb or unlucky experiments that ended because they cannot adapt. That is very normal.

When New Zealand went into Lockdown the birds returned, schools of Dolphins returned to the inner Waitemata harbour.

The world would be a better place without us. In that way, the dumb yanks are doing the planet a favour. Leading us all to a likely extinction event.

Last edited:

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland

Just a question - what is the difference between a global pandemic & a pandemic?

Reactions: Akkerz and Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Just a question - what is the difference between a global pandemic & a pandemic?
Semantics. There is no difference.

Global is an acknowledgement that a pandemic has reached a stage where it impacts on everyone...unlike Mers SARS CoV-1 pandemics.

Last edited:

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
prior to Covid every country in the world had a pandemic plan. Britain 5 years ago ran an exercise for a pandemic. The exercise showed that they were woefully short in PPE and respirators. They did nothing (same Government) and we know the results.

America had the same planning, all Trump needed to do was open the book, probably too many word and not enough pictures, but all he had to do was let guys like Faucci follow the plan and he would have been re elected in a landslide.

From the start they politicised it, the 'China virus' etc. They are called pandemics because of rapid spread and cause an economic and social catastrophe. N Z fears Foot and Mouth in our livestock more than anything else, because it is a virus that spreads quickly and has an economic effect because so many animals are affected production drops. F & M has a very low death rate, animals recover.

Same with humans it spreads unhindered and Hospitals are overwhelmed. Resources are exhausted and other health care like cancer are affected. Internationally you couldn't get your feet wet in the gene pool of these deniers.

JP_576

U20's Player
Aug 4, 2020
prior to Covid every country in the world had a pandemic plan. Britain 5 years ago ran an exercise for a pandemic. The exercise showed that they were woefully short in PPE and respirators. They did nothing (same Government) and we know the results.

America had the same planning, all Trump needed to do was open the book, probably too many word and not enough pictures, but all he had to do was let guys like Faucci follow the plan and he would have been re elected in a landslide.
I think Trump actually got rid of the infectious disease department or whatever it was called that was setup during Obama's presidency.
EDIT: https://apnews.com/article/ce014d94b64e98b7203b873e56f80e9a

Reactions: moonknightgk

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
This is why they don't believe in C19 even as they're dying of it, scary shit

Exactly what I thought about Q
Which I find as amusing as CNN

Unfortunately it's not that simple antivaxers have been around a lot longer than the internet.
Same with all manor of sceptics

The thing is in order to believe in authority
That authority has to have your trust .
An this is where the failure has occurred .

An it is world wide
People all over the world are rejecting any an all news
An after centuries of being lied to
Being pitted against one another being treated as human guinnie pigs
I don't blame them
I like the african politician who when given the CV test tested an orange a grapefruit an his goat ...
I hope for people's own sake they get vaxed
But it's their choice .An if I'm vaxed what do I really care .

This is a mere thinning of the herd not an extinction event .

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Exactly what I thought about Q
Which I find as amusing as CNN

Unfortunately it's not that simple antivaxers have been around a lot longer than the internet.
Same with all manor of sceptics

The thing is in order to believe in authority
That authority has to have your trust .
An this is where the failure has occurred .

An it is world wide
People all over the world are rejecting any an all news
An after centuries of being lied to
Being pitted against one another being treated as human guinnie pigs
I don't blame them
I like the african politician who when given the CV test tested an orange a grapefruit an his goat ...
I hope for people's own sake they get vaxed
But it's their choice .An if I'm vaxed what do I really care .

This is a mere thinning of the herd not an extinction event .
Pretty much my attitude too, I don't really believe in anything except beer, the Warriors and existential despair, and more beer, but that probly belongs in the religion thread.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
We shouldn't be surprised Trump is challenging the election and that their systems allow him to do so. Look at all of their sports, they are designed to delay and argue. How many scenes in movies where guys are playing a game and need to call out and discuss the rules.

Hopefully when he does move on and goes back to his property deals or whatever other venture he sticks to it. There has been talk of going for a presidential run in 2024. Hopefully we don't need to go through this again in 4 years.

2016 was bad enough when everyone thought he was a joke with policies like building a wall and spouting other crazy stuff. Then he somehow won the election.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
So, the Republicans latest tactic has been to force recounts in two counties in Wisconsin. Every vote is being challenged no matter who the votes were cast for by the republican observers in an effort to have the recounts go over the allowed time limit when the final results have to be certified meaning none of the votes from the two counties count for the election result. These two counties just happened to have voted overwhelmingly for Biden. The rest of the counties would still count for Wisconsin’s presidential voting and would give Trump enough votes to win Wisconsin.

Trump is also trying to get Republican electors to represent the collages in the other states he’s lost and then to get them to declare the voting rigged and change their electoral collage votes from Biden to Trump.... against the popular votes of those states.

His justification for all this is because, even though no major electoral fraud has been proven in court, he’s still maintaining it has occurred.

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Many Trump supporters are wealthy, and educated. The link I have observed is racism and religion, not necessarily at the same time though.
When they do go together it's a perfect shitstorm, and usually only ends badly. They've got the new age hippy crystal holistic soccer moms now too, probably the most useful idiots of all.

JP_576

U20's Player
Aug 4, 2020
So, the Republicans latest tactic has been to force recounts in two counties in Wisconsin. Every vote is being challenged no matter who the votes were cast for by the republican observers in an effort to have the recounts go over the allowed time limit when the final results have to be certified meaning none of the votes from the two counties count for the election result. These two counties just happened to have voted overwhelmingly for Biden. The rest of the counties would still count for Wisconsin’s presidential voting and would give Trump enough votes to win Wisconsin.

Trump is also trying to get Republican electors to represent the collages in the other states he’s lost and then to get them to declare the voting rigged and change their electoral collage votes from Biden to Trump.... against the popular votes of those states.

His justification for all this is because, even though no major electoral fraud has been proven in court, he’s still maintaining it has occurred.
There will be another civil war if he's somehow able to steal the election but I don't see it happening.
Most republicans are trying to figure out how to distance themselves from trump without pissing off trump and in turn and more importantly his base.

Last edited:

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
There will be another civil war if he's somehow able to steal the steal the election but I don't see it happening.
Most republicans are trying to figure out how to distance themselves from trump without pissing off trump and in turn and more importantly his base.
From reports today he has accepted he is a goner, he is just making life difficult for Biden. What a sorry excuse for a human being.

The guy is very good at one thing, being famous and generating ratings. When he is a gone from the White House, and is just a another fat, unhealthy old bankrupt the news sites will sure be short of copy compared with the last couple of months.

Also seeing that sneaky fist pump that Lindsey Graham gave Kamala Harris in the senate last week indicates that the Republicans are secretly pissed off with Trump as well. I doubt Trump would have been impressed when he saw it.

Reactions: Rizzah and Sup42